Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Vex Upsilon, OCV-Ahkmim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: xRbFO7p.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:K-02 "L"
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: Blocked
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Boo

____

Captain.

Your message in this open channel has caught our eye. In the coming days, we'll be monitoring your progress and actions closely.

I'd strongly advise not trusting The Core, as they're no better than the megalomaniac you just denounced. There's far better alternatives.

- K-02 "L"

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
----:[Incoming Transmission...

[Image: jolGpnU.png]

[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]

[Communications ID: Vex Upsilon
O.C.V. Ahkmim

[Recipient ID: K-02 'L'
--Unknown--

[Subject: RE: Boo

[Priority: Delta-Alpha - High - Channel x-001
[Encryption: Omega-Gamma - Very High - Code: jud1c14ry

Hi..

Interesting that it takes an open channel for someone to take the hint.

Keep a watch. Not gonna care who. Just means more people will see the idiocy in 'lanski's 'tactics'. For the record, I don't trust the Core, but considering the encounters I've had with them in the past, I'm not inclined to throw them to the wolves. 'lanski? Sure. Them? They've proven their effectiveness, and I personally can get behind someone who kills Nomads and has at least some sort of a consciousness to their thought.

Toodles, whoever-you-are. I've got a dirtbag and his goons to roast.

- Vex

......Transmission Terminated]-----
[Image: xRbFO7p.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: Boo

____

Oh Captain,

The Core may appear to be saints, but they're far from it. They've no interest in wiping out The Nomads as they're more profitable as materials that never run out. Exterminating them would cut their budget.

They're also not interested in protecting people other than their own. If you're not bending a knee to them, you're being buried by them.

Do yourself a favor and stick with the Zoners. At least then you'll have a sense of failing neutrality and extreme hindsight for not heeding the warnings the first eight dozen times they were given about picking sides in that conflict, and you may just find yourself with friends willing to help you out.

- K-02 "L"

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
[Image: ZZ4oo3b.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: An offer

____

Captain Upsilon.

We've been monitoring your efforts and I must say I am a little surprised. You fought rather valiantly against insurmountable odds with our assets, and for that I must extend my thanks. You did your part well.

So, let's talk.

Alone and without backup you're not going to last long in the Omicrons. Being disgraced from The Order tends to do that, and The Core are more liable to open fire on you than to help. They do need more workers on Nauru, after all. So how would you feel instead about working for us?

- K-02 "L"

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

O.C.V. Ahkmim

--Unknown--

[Subject: RE: An offer

[Encryption: Omega-Gamma - Very High - Code: cur10517y

Hello again.

While it is true that I don't expect the Zoners to be a port in the storm forever, I'm still not ruling everything out. However, I am curious as to why you bring up this offer. Surely you can't believe that just because I shoot at the jackass who cowers behind sheets of polyfoam and alloy walls that I'm not abandoning the goals of the Order.

Don't think I'm talking down. I know my place, and I'm well aware of the precarious situation I'm in. Outcasted, alone and on thin ice, but I'm still aware of where my loyalties lie.

Fill me in if you want, but answer me this one single question.
Why?

- Vex

[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: Because

____

Vex,

People have always been quick to jump to conclusions about the actions of others. The Order will paint you a traitor, The Core will paint you a hostile, and The Zoners will eventually distance themselves from you for their own gain.

Us, on the other hand, are more interested in what value you have as a person. You stood strong with your beliefs and turned on those who were your superiors, because you finally saw what those who left before you did. The Order has lost its way.

Let me break it down to you.

Over the course of the last two years, The Order has made a series of reckless mistakes. It ended in costing them Johan Lennox from The Overwatch to us. Later, it cost them an entire Osiris belonging to their intelligence division and its commanding officer, Tantalus. The ship entered service under our primary force and has remained there, while Tantalus continues to fight what you may consider the good fight against The Nomads. Later, during the same month of Tantalus' defection, another Osiris took its leave from The Order in favor of siding with the Republic of Liberty, because they all saw the same thing you do now - Golanski has been using you all for his own personal gain. Even a cruiser commander by the name of Saris saw it how it is, but lost his life trying to escape the tyranny and lies you've all been fed since Toledo.

It's unhealthy, you know. Clinging on to the past for so long and using it as righteous justification to twist an organization that was founded on the principle of stopping the overwhelming force of the alien threat. Instead, we've been doing it, or people have been left to fend for themselves. Your leadership is flawed, and the only solution is to get out from under them before it all comes crashing down.

So why you?

Because you're not afraid to stand up for what you believe in. You stick to the truth no matter who is against you, and frankly that reminded me a lot of ourselves. We've been vilified and falsely accused of doing things against The Order, Zoners, Crayterians - the list grows, but we've always kept our heads.

I see potential in you, and I'm giving you an opportunity to take that potential as far as it can go.

The choice is yours.

- K-02 "L"

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

O.C.V. Ahkmim

--Unknown--

[Subject: RE: Because

[Encryption: Omega-Gamma - Very High - Code: cur10517y

So..

The way you put it, it honestly doesn't sound like it changes much for me. Half of Sirius still wants to tear me apart, 'lanski'll still want my head.. only thing that seems to change is readily available allies..

I'll think on it, but for now I'm going to give the idea to what crew I have left on the Ahkmim and see how they think. There's a lot of likemindedness on the ship, and while I don't see many people disagreeing, there's a fair amount of people who have been impacted by your group in the past. I'm not saying it's an automatic no-go, but it could alter their outlook.

I'll keep you posted on it, but my best guess would probably say it won't take long.

- Vex

[Image: qDsW3qy.png]

O.C.V. Ahkmim

--Unknown--

[Subject: Decision

[Encryption: Omega-Gamma - Very High - Code: 4n63r

Well...

As I said, though for completely different reasons, I'm elected to take you up on your offer. Considering the stunt the main force just pulled at the Freeport as reported by Akibara, I'm seeing where you're coming from clearer and clearer by the second. If the Order would rather murder innocent lives than do their job, then they've earned their place in hell.

Consider me convinced as well as the rest of my crew, all eighty-seven of them. This act has to be a sign that 'lanski is influenced by something supernatural, be it nomads or a sense of manifest destiny, and needs to be put down.

Just tell me to jump, I'll say how high. At this point, the gloves have officially come off.

- Vex

[Image: ZZ4oo3b.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: An offer

____

Captain Vex,

Instructions will be forwarded as soon as the situation clears up in the Omicrons. We'll see you on the field.

- K-02 "L"

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

[Image: qDsW3qy.png]

O.C.V. Ahkmim

--

[Subject: UpdateDecision

[Encryption: Omega-Gamma - Very High - Code: 4n63r

Well...

As per Kyu's request, I've moved the Ahkmim to the mooring yards at Livadia. Hopefully there she will be secured while we await your tech professionals.

This is merely a little update, seeing as I've been up for twenty-two hours straight keeping my VI from losing it's mind. Something about losing this transponder is just getting at it.

- Vex