Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO : KYU AKIBARA | SUBJECT: FREEPORT 11.5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: avatar_35766.png?dateline=1509654594]
Origin: Freeport 11, Omicron Delta, Core Space| LOCATION NN-GUID HASH OK
Sender: FREELANCER NODOKA HANAMURA | SENDER NN-GUID HASH OK
Recipients: KYU AKIBARA| RECIPIENT NN-GUID HASH OK
Carbon Copy: | NONE
Encryption: NONE | NO ENCRYPTION!
Format: Text
Subject: Freeport 11.5?

Akibara-senpai,

I'm pretty sure you're aware of the gigantic eyesore outside our mutual home, "Freeport 11.5".

Me and another vessel, the Zeraya's Sanctuary, squawking a -C- Ident (if you have any clue who they are, I'd appreciate it.) have about had it with its' administrator's bullheadedness, citing that we are in their NFZ, and their installation belongs to the "Alesians", whoever they are.

Do we have clearance to destroy the installation, or would you rather go about this another way?

Nodoka Hanamura
Freeport 11 Defense Force Combatant

ATTACHMENTS:
comms1.img
comms2.img

COMMS TERMINATED

[Image: xLeCJkI.png]

Dear Miss Hanamura,

if you could send me more information about this entity, that would be great. In the meantime, just observe and try to collect more information on the owner. The Order will take care of this installation very soon, meaning we don't need to use our resources for the removal. Do me a favor and depart when the Order arrives. Do not remind them of the NFZ, they don't care anyway. Just let them destroy it, that will make them useful for once.

Kyu Akibara
Administrator of Freeport 11

Carbon Copy: | NONE
Subject: RE: Freeport 11.5?

Akibara-senpai,
As much as I'm not too fond of The Order, I will keep my distance from the engagement. As for the Administrator, they don't take too kindly to the CoF, and seem to have some sort of Cult of Personality about them. The administrator is Alesia.Williams. They just complained about the "usual zoner 'neutrality' treatment" and wanting to see happiness. It's clear this woman is delusional.

I will report back if I hear more.

Nodoka Hanamura

ATTACHMENTS:

COMMS TERMINATED

Origin: Vibrant Songs, Omicron Delta, Core Space| LOCATION NN-GUID HASH OK
Carbon Copy: DENIZENS OF FREEPORT 11 | NNGUIDS SORTED, HASHES OK!
Format: Audio
Subject: A Public Missive

Akibara-senpai,

I can confirm that Freeport 11.5 was destroyed by the order, however, I have more news than that.

A Wilde Gunboat attacked the freeport and lured us away on a nearly 20 minute goose chase, which resulted in the destruction of my vessel, the Konpaku, which I'm sure you've seen, given that the ~5KT Nuclear/Anti-Matter Blast that occured due to the SCRAM failure that ensued from such a heavy beating. Rest assured that I and my AI are safe aboard the Vibrant Songs, and I have undergone a total medical scan to ensure that I am not infected or contaminated. Konpaku was insured, and a new vessel will be delivered to the Freeport in a day or two.

I mean not to offend by this statement, but to show you and the people of Freeport 11, with full authenticity of said statement by the near-death risk I had today - that I will defend Freeport 11 to the bitter end, even if it means my life. You and the people of this station are my family. You see, I am not sirius-born. I originally came from Earth, and had remained frozen for years at the behest of Kishiro and the Kusari Government. Only until recently was I unfrozen. What has happened between then and now is not important right now. What is, is this. You and the people of this station are all that I have. I have done everything in my power to aid my home, putting my very life on the line for the safety of the people I love. I want this message to be a public statement to those who live on Freeport 11. As long as I live, I will do everything in my power to defend all of you. For you have given me a family, where I had had none before. To quote Marisa Kita, the one who brought me here, the one who convinced me to call Freeport 11 my home - May Eleven never fall.

Nodoka Hanamura
Proud Denizen of Freeport 11

ATTACHMENTS:

COMMS TERMINATED

[Image: xLeCJkI.png]

Miss Hanamura,

you have done so much and demanded nothing so far. You are always welcome on Freeport 11, but by the looks of it, it might be better for you to move to a more safe place. You know, I'm not a kusarian. The name indicates it, but I can't speak a single word in kusari. I was born on Gran Canaria, grew up there, went to a business academy and later joined the Core. Back then, the Core had a very clean reputation as heroes of the Omicrons. People who wanted to bring law and order to the untamed wilds. However the Core has a never-turn-back policy. No defection, no quitting. Once Core, always Core. Gloria Aeterna. And then in April 823 the Core and Zoners started a conflict with each other. One side provoked it, the other was answering the provocations with violence. I didn't sign up for Core to fight my own people of Canaria. Together with likeminded people, we left the Core in May 823 due to a unique opportunity.

I tried to get as much distance from the Core as possible, moving back to Canaria. I thought about using my experience as resource manager of one of the Core's battleships to apply for OSI and got accepted, made it to the rank of an Advisor pretty damn fast. They even offered me the title of an director, but I refused. Still, I was sitting at the same table as Jerard VonCloud, David Starr, Paul Mendes, Maria Nemesis and others. Something one can be proud of, really. But I never forgot about Freeport 11 and the Core.

One day, CoF announced the absence of Freeport 11's former administrator and searched for a new one. I applied and got the job. I did so because the Core grew silent and I was able to do all the paperwork from there as well. Less piloting of Whales, more management stuff. At some point, one of my former business partners and frequent guest on Freeport 11, Miss Enma Loyola, contacted me. She used to fight for Malta, and rumors have been told about her also having fought for the Wild. Hell, people claimed she is infected. Of course, the Order claimed it. Auxesia does. But now Enma Loyola is leading the Core as Guildmistress. No idea how she got that position, but the Core would never, never ever allow an infected person to claim the throne. They are too professional for that. The moment a person enters a Mako-class ship or Durban Station, scanners would notice a nomad incubus. No, she can't be infected. I had to deal with her during my time in OSI as well, I even had her on my ship during a mission. She has a cold personality, maybe, but I can't imagine her being infected.

Miss Loyola offered me peace. I took it. Together we brought peace to Zoners and Core, ending a stupid war caused by some warmongers within the Zoner Society. That was a war we chose. The Core only responded. I was looking at hte facts. The Core never did something wrong. They regulated. Now, the war is over, and the Core turned out to be a reliable friend and ally. You can trust them. You should trust them. Not all of them are nice, but they are badass. I would rejoin them if circumstances were different.

Why am I telling you this? I offer you advise here, Nodoka. You have done so much for Freeport 11, but we are close to a catastrophe here. I don't know how safe Freeport 11 will be, and I don't want you to die here, neither should your funny friends. Leave Omicron Delta, move to Gran Canaria. It is an idyllic world. It is beautiful. Move there, settle down and enjoy your life there with your friends. You can do much good there.

Or you join the Core. They can give you high-tech equipment and training and maybe have some good upgrades for your friends there. The Core is not a bad choice in case you are as stubborn as I think you may be. They are solid, strong, skilled and united. Have a Core pilot at your side and you will always have one to watch your back. They could use talented people like you and both you and Core would profit from it.

I really hope for the best for all of us, Nodoka. Whenever I can reduce damage, I will do it. If that means I have to leave the Freeport to protect all the other Freeports and Gran Canaria and prevent the Order from bombarding it, I will do it. They didn't even demand my execution, so I might take this kind of... mercy and take my leave. That being said, I will find a way to remove Golanski. I'll take him out and end this madness!

Kyu Akibara
Administrator of Freeport 11

Origin: Vibrant Songs, Omicron Delta, Core Space| LOCATION NN-GUID HASH OK
Carbon Copy: | NONE!
Format: Audio
Subject: Response

Akibara-senpai,

I appreciate the words you have sent me, however I cannot see myself leaving. Not yet. I cannot see myself working with the Core - not out of ideological differences, but situational ones, as I feel I have things to tend to elsewhere, not just here in Delta with keeping you all safe, but with things regarding myself as well. Gran Canaria is a gorgeous place - that much I said when Marisa showed me it all those years ago when we met and took that unforgettable long haul from Stuttgart to Omega-49 and finally to her home. I will admit that I have feelings for Marisa, which is another thing that tethers me here. She's been gone for quite some time, and I await her return. Maybe then I may leave, but I will never forget any of you. This place is, and always will be my home, irregardless of where my actual home may be - for it was the first place I've called home In Sirius. It's nothing like earth, In fact, GC does that better than any planet in Sirius - but It's home to me.

As for Golanski, I wish you the best of luck. I myself contemplate my fate often, and one thing that comes to mind is sacrifice. Unlike some of my modern contemporaries from Kusari, I believe that self-sacrifice for the greater good is one of the most honorable and dignified acts a person can do. That is why I am not afraid to risk my life for this place - however, you've given me a realization. There are people who depend on me. People who care about me. This sacrifice would only serve to hurt them down the line. Which is why I will heed your advice in not dying for this place, but still doing everything I can to protect it and it's people.

As soon as things settle down, I'll be called back into the stars once more, away from home, Be it to aid The Council against Gallia's crown, or to fulfill my plans to discover more about my past, or just a simple round trip haul around the Sirius sector. If for any reason things pick up again and you need my support like recently, do not hesitate to have you or, if and when you depart, your successor contact me.

And finally, Thank you Kyu. You've been and always will be a good friend to me and my AI. Maybe one day we can sit and have a good chat together.

Nodoka Hanamura
Proud Denizen of Freeport 11

ATTACHMENTS:

COMMS TERMINATED

Carbon Copy: | NONE!
Subject: Until we meet again..

Kyu,

I've been made aware of your departure from Freeport 11.

It's sad to see you go, but I understand it is for the best. I know this may not sit well with you given my perceived negativity regarding the Order, but I have contacted the CoF regarding asking for the role of Administrator pro tempore of Freeport 11. If they somehow allow me to hold such a position until they find a new administrator, I will make sure to ensure the safety of the people of the station, and try to maintain relative peace, and uphold the ideals of the Zoners. I may not be one, but I hold much respect for them and their way of life.

If not, or after I leave such a position - I hope to see you again. Sometime in the future, I have plans to build or purchase a "mobile home" vessel of sorts when I am away from 11 or whereever I call home after our eventual departure. If and when such a vessel is built, I wish to grant you a place you can run to if need be. I am not afraid of protecting those who are close to me, those few that there are, out here.

Other than that, I hope to see you again, my friend.

Ja ne.

Nodoka Hanamura

ATTACHMENTS:

COMMS TERMINATED

[Image: 5Fuf8uE.png]

Nodoka,

I like your ambitions, but the Confederation of Freeports knows you were actively opposing the Order in the last days, and the Order knows about it surely as well, since all recordings have been public. De-escalation of the situation in Omicron Delta can only be achieved right now by a person that hasn't been involved yet, at least not visibly. I have not a single doubt you have the skill to do the job and only the best intentions, but I'd rather have you take care of other Freeports with your current reputation. Freeport 9 could use a new administrator, as Sean Goodman is about to leave Omicron Theta. Maybe I can make them offer the job to you. Theta is quite nice, very quiet.

As for a home vessel, I suggest you take a look at Corfu's Corvo-class vessels. They are highly autonom and can be operated by three people minimum. With your friends, you have that already. They are spacey enough to have all kinds of stuff on it. They also cost a bit, but after a while as Bounty Hunter or Freeport administrator, you can afford it. Would be cool if in a few months or years I could meet you on it.

Until then, Nodoka, stay alive. Try to not get involved too much in this madness. Enough people died already. And your AIs need you to regulate them, especially the Bride.

Take care!

Kyu Akibara