Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Face to Face [SEMI-PUBLIC RP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pale Bride gives Nerva a Hi-five, the transaction nothing short of simple. "Good to see you, Nerva." Pale Bride says to him before returning to her former position.

"Yes, these two lovely girls have been granted the gift of walking amongst the living - literally. In fact, they're so close to you and I, that the only thing seperating them from being fully human is a Interface for the brain and their processors." Nodoka says to Nerva before continuing. "As for the equipment, that's good. H+ Clinic has been having a field day handling minor injuries, so they should come in handy to prevent infections. But I digress, This is Mia, she's the captain of the OAV Sekhet Aaru." she says, moving out of the line of sight of the two.
"Oh no, sorry! I thought you knew!" Mia replied, slightly aghast at her own oversight. "I'm the A.I. in control of the ship...it's hard to leave the Sekhet when my hardware takes up the entire prow...these drones are the nearest I can get at the moment, but that'll soon change!" Mia regards Honya and Pale Bride and nods to herself. If IRG were already this accomplished, then progress on her own pet project might be quick indeed with their cooperation, present difficulties aside.

"I don't know where I'm at with the Overwatch to be perfectly honest with you," Mia continued with a sigh. "I'm not sure that they want to blow me out of the sky quite as badly as Vex, but they've not been responding to communications. I've spent the past month hopping from no-fire-zone to no-firezone...the tension is really quite unbearable" Her smile fades somewhat. "But if you're talking with someone high up, that's what matters. If there's anything I can do, me and my ship are at your call. I want to see this fixed as soon as you do."

Mia takes a moment to glance at the newcomer. Another brave soul trying to rectify the situation from what she overheard. "Hi there," she said with a little wave. "Mia Farrugia at your service. My ship's currently docked with supplies for the station and to give a hand with screening for infested."
"Our bodies were artificially grown by IRG, using a experimental cell replication process. I'd recommend him to you, but given tensions betwixt IRG and the Order, I don't think it would be a good idea. Surprisingly, he did it for free, However, Hanamura-sensei did Donate 40 million credits to IRG as a token of gratitude on our behalf." Honya says, only to continue. "I'd say you're on their persona non grata list. We're just wanting this war to end so we can focus on the real problem. You must be war-weary, just like us, right?" She finishes, curious about Mia's opinion.

"Yeah, Shepard's kinda the only person in Order MILCOM that is sane." Pale Bride says, only to have Nodoka chime in, concerned about the possibly volatile statement she just made. "Uh, let's not provoke anyone. Like I said, we don't need to make any more enemies." she finishes, giving Bride the "Shut the hell up before I throw you out an Airlock" look.
"Oh, no offense taken," Mia replied in defence of Honya, but decides to move away from the topic of the Overwatch as it was nevertheless a rather delicate subject of late, not least to her personally. "The fighting does get me down, but the Order's always been in conflict with somebody ever since I can remember. I suppose it's almost 'normal' now in a way. I just try and keep myself occupied." She turns for a moment back to the monument. "But there are times when one needs to stop and remember. How's the mending going here? it must be hard here, coming in as administrator in the middle of all of this."

In truth, Mia was having trouble. On the one hand she had not come here expecting conversation, and yet here were three individuals who she felt that she could talk with for hours. "I contacted Dr Erzie shortly before this all blew up in Delta to meet to discuss a partnership on a similar project that I've been working on for a year or two now...could we talk about another time more at length? The IRG did fantastic work on your bodies and I simply must have a sit down with you before I approach the doctor about it again."
"The mending as it were, is going well. H+ and APM are handling a majority of the injuries, mainly due to Freeport 11 not having the facilities to handle a situation of this magnitude. That's why the cargo offloading area is filled to the brim with medical tents and the sort. I'm just trying to keep the populace calm and preventing some less favorable denizens from attacking Order elements who were in humanitarian aid or Core personnel. the people here have had a long legacy of losing, losing loved ones, even losing this station, the place we call home." Nodoka says, only to continue. "I just want to ensure their safety. That's why my predecessor made peace with the Core. Not for corporate or other benefit, but because it was the only way, at least at the time, to end the misery of the people on this station."

Honya proceeds to rub her arm a little. "As for these bodies.. I could discuss it with you if you so wish, at a later date, unless you want to do so sometime today." She looks around, a certain thought still lingering around in her mind.
After paying his respects to the fallen ones; the ones alongside he fought, and the ones that he fought to protect, he returns to the group. "Mia, it is really nice to finally meet you face to face. Thank you for everything, we need all the help we can get."

His watch suddenly lit up and Nera said " Nomad cruiser detected in Delta, quadrant B4, near planet Vaitupu."
"Roger that. Prepare Unity for fast deployment, we are going to make some squid sushi."

Nerva turns to Nodoka and says "We will talk another time, congrats again for your new position". After that he turns to Pale Bride and Honya, "Now.. I must admit IRG did a really fine job with those bodies. I would really like to ask you more questions about how you feel in them, but I have to go now."

Last but not least, he turns to Mia " I do hope we shall each other again in space"

His watch lights up again, this time a hologram is projected from it "This is the current position of the Cruiser, it is heading our way" said Nera.
Nerva rushes out of the geodome, but right before he steps out the door he turn back and says " If everything goes well, I will be back in no time."
"Oh drat! Another attack!" Mia said in a tone that suggested more frustration than panic, watching as Nerva disappears from the geodome. "The Sekhet's turrets are already coming online...it's no warship but I'll fight Nomads when I can."

She looks at the three women again. "I can stay if you want me to; I can be both here and in command of the ship at once, even if it makes me a little more absent-minded than usual..." The look on her face said plainly enough that Mia wanted to stay in their company, but she knew better. "You've probably got a station defence to oversee."
Nodoka shakes her head. "You should deploy at once, AI or no, we don't need casualties as a result of carelessness. Bride, take that drone to my office, I'll have one of the Order personnel on-station collect it and bring it to you. Honya, take the lift override key and head down to the Mothball platform below the station and take the Konpaku." Nodoka says to the group, throwing Honya a keychain, only to stride out of the geodome, heading to the auxiliary lift towards the command room. "I need everyone in the C2 Room, we're probably going to DEFCON CHALDEA." she says as she rushes out talking to the earpiece and leaving.

Pale Bride is relatively displeased with the situation. "Why is she the one to be deployed and I have to sit here and handle the damn drone!?" she yells. "Because your ass doesn't know the definition of careful!" Nodoka responds before leaving the Geodome. Honya follows her, heading to the Main lift. Pale Bride looks at the door out of the Geodome as the alarms start blaring on the station, a audible growl heard from Bride, dissatisfied with her conteporaries ditching her. She stops for a second and steps behind Mia, her hands placed out to collect the small drone. ".. Shut off and I'll catch you." she says, not content with the situation at hand.
Mia says nothing but gives a nod to Nodoka and glances over her shoulder to see where Pale Bride is situated, giving her an apologetic smile for the inconvenience. Ordinarily she would have preferred to retrieve the drone before departing, but the red blip on the Sekhet's sensor readouts was growing bigger by the second and the ship was already beginning unmooring procedures. Without any further delay Mia deactivated the drone, the hologram dissipating where it stood, and a melon-sized ellipsoid piece of machinery falls gently into Pale Bride's grasp, surprisingly light to carry and of a home-made design that seems out of place for Order tech.

With her captain's full attention, the Sekhet-Aaru pushes off from the station, engine roaring in the silence of space, turrets swinging round and zeroing on the closing target.
Code Red - Mutated Nomad - Altered Nomad Cruiser

Great... just what I needed, another surprise.

Start undocking procedures, I am on way to the main deck.

Procedures initiated

Oh, and from now on we are on DEFCON Alpha.

Directives Updated
[Image: 4836122ca2c1ccfb5e6f54f3479df2a4.jpg]

Powering down unnecessary systems.
Preparing IRG power cells for emergency power up.
Requesting confirmation for deactivating the main weapon safety.

Nerva Regis

Alpha Charlee Bravo Omega Romeo Xray Foxtrot Papa Golf Bravo Lima Whiskey

Safeties deactivated:
- charging Mortars
- arming Nightmare Torpedoes
- diverting more power to shields

On his way to the main deck, he was joined by Nera in her unfinished android body.
[Image: 3a2642e125181de0f6b03adb2d5ff1c4.jpg]
[Image: 5728497ec778e164b91f734bfb387d56.jpg]

Nerva looks at his AI " If you break that before I finish it... I will get myself a new AI."
The artificial body stops and stares at Nerva "You do realize that I am literately your browser history?"

Nerva stops, stares at her, lets out a bored "Meh..." and they start going towards the control room.

"So, what are we dealing with?"
"According to our long range scans we are dealing with some sort of evolved cruiser type."
"The same thing we fought last time but on a smaller scale?"
"Yes and no."
"More yes... or more no?"
Nera shows Nerva a live feed from AI06 who was already in the area.

"Oh..."
"Oh indeed, professor."
Pages: 1 2