Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Building a Future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aeryn was checking his files and he was very interested in what the Dragons proposed, overlooking the plans of the former Colonies of Borneo, smiling already at his view of the planet , a multicultural place for all those that inhabit the Tau, those that are allies of the Republic of course.

He was looking at the wall, with his mind already gone in the future when he was introduced to the Dragon representative and Profesor Nerva.

Good, finally is happening he thought ........

Meanwhile, Ryo Kase was still back on Coronado, trying to coordinate the efforts on Yuma and Pecos... He kept looking at the numbers and the plans that are running in front of him and he realize that for a moment, two projects are important. Making a decision, he called one of his secretary and requested to speak with Frank Valerii and Felix Cornelius.

A few minutes passed and Felix appeared on his screen and he kept quiet for a few seconds as the Minister was running something.

"Ah, greetings Frank, I just didn't realized that you are already connected.Listen, first of all, I heard that ARA gave you enough experienced miners now, trained by the IMG. Good. Now we need to put them to work."

He coughed and a sip of water "Sorry, I manage to catch a cold that is killing me and let's say that my throat is not an ally either. Here is the new plan that I came up for our project 'Scattering Ore' . We made a grand scheme first, but I had another idea. Listen, before you say anything let me finish, yes? Ok. We currently have 8 Celestra class vessels designed to be dismantled and another 27 needing extensive repairs. I am thinking to retrofit those 8 Celestra to act as Command and Control Centre for the Drones, working on shift basis. As for the 27 ships to be redefined as nothing more then walking silos where the drones deposit their cargo and go back for mining. I think we can take 5 or 6 more ships from ISE and design them to hold Drones for transport to site. Your people will be the one controlling the drones and thus we make sure that we have a grab and run operation, with no static bases. We have already the mining droids delivered by the IMG but I need your opinion... Will contact the Hephaestus to announce them of the change of plan and will need to have a talk with Felix Manufacturing to create special racks"

He stopped and looked at Frank "What you think?"
I shouldn't need to explain, that even once we do get some efficient algorithms in place - independent miners and manpower-intensive mining will still have us beat for commercial purposes. Still worth doing, the fleet pays a premium on supplies they don't need to import from third parties.

I know of at least two ore types we can take care of - Tau-44 hasn't really been exploited and there are niobium deposits still to be found there.
Another option is the moons around Salina, Coronado. Abundant copper deposits have been known to exist for years now, but only now we can make their exploitation feasible with all those bots.

To summarize, I am quite surprised that drone-mining hasn't been tried so much to date - we'll either find out (painfully) why or end up disgustingly rich.
Two months had passed and Ryo was back on New Athos, overseeing a new module being attach, he received a note from a Governmental Courier.

He looked at the datapad but he was more fascinated by the addition to New Athos, a new module that is serving as a fishery and as a leveled Farmland. The design was something new and no one have tried this but with three quarters of the island submerged 13 meters, it gave more stability then he thought and the 11 levels were offering varied vegetables and plants that were used by the nation.

“Very nice, this will give a nice boost to our population. If only Hephaestus would move faster to complete the other projects. You would think that someone having construction drones would move faster, Gods damn it.” He looked around and realised he confessed to nothing but the air “I am loosing my mind.” He muttered while wandering around the New Athos. He loved the smell of wet earth and he enjoyed the peace and quiet that the island projected, as there were only several machinery in use and they were far away from him, seeding the land.

Coming to a tree, he stopped and pop out his bottle taking a long sip and he lay down to enjoy the clear sky. From time to time, a CAP was flying on low orbit but that seemed only natural and he let his mind fly away, to Yuma, to Pecos, to Borneo, to Salina ….

“SALINA!” rang in his mind and he tried to find out where he put the pad and founding it, he started to read.

Ryo read the report and he nodded after he finished and he selected the first site: Tova, Site H-115.
“There is a good start.” He thought and put his thumb to approve the plan. Once the plan had been sent, he resume his relaxation and closed his eyes and let his mind walk among the stars.

Meanwhile, on Pilos Underground Complex, sirens were heard, marking the beginning of a new stage in ore mining…..
Pages: 1 2