Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Time for New Mods.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
As part of the continued process of getting 'fresh active' people, to try and avoid burn out in the current "Staff", it has been decided that it is that time again when we open the doors to see what Applicants we get.

Please apply, if you feel you can offer to help sustain the Community as a Member of the Moderation Team.

In your Application, you can tell us why you think you have got what it takes to be a good Moderator.

Don't forget that this requires dedication and time. It is apparent that many, who are accepted, find that they no longer have the time and dedication, once they become Moderators, so, please give it some thought before applying.

In order to view the Community in the best light, feel free to comment on other people. This may help the selection, and if you do suggest someone, don't do it because he/she is your Skype friend, but because you think he/she has the right qualities to be a good Moderator. Give reasons why you have suggested them.
I was hoping other people would post here first, so I could get some idea of what's being presented as qualities for a good moderator.

I have large amounts of time free, and usually have access to the Internet, so time + dedication won't be a problem for me. I try to keep an unbiased outlook and try to not spread bad vibes and the like. I've got quite a firm understanding of the rules, which I imagine is probably important for this position, and I believe in fairplay.
I have got the time, I have been playing since 09, joined the forums in 2010, I know the rules, I try and stay out of the drama as much as possible but have not always been entirely successful. I play one group or faction at a time, except for characters I create for Trade/Combat events. My favorite character that I have role played is Jesus Malverde character, it got me hooked on the Mod.

I am not anyone´s favorite around here, which I think can help me be fair and objective about things. I do have a bad day every now and then, it proves I am human.

Did I say I have time, lots of it now that I have moved cities and my Real Life social circle went from around 60 people down to the bartender at the Irish pub up the street from my apartment .
I have applied for this position before because I think I can be a good addition. I have written a medium-sized text about why, but that didn't seem to appeal enough, so I'll make it more simple this time. I have the time, I have the dedication and I know my way around the community. I'm not unbiased because nobody is and everyone who claims to be is a liar but I can make unbiased decisions and that is where it counts.

I think wouldn't be a bad choice due to the reasons he stated. might be a friend of mine but he was an angel and can help people. He doesn't have a reason to be biased. To be honest, the biased thing is stupid anyway, as if mods are gods. Either one probably isn't going to be a flawed choice Tongue
I think I should be a mod tbh
Hah, if I were to be even considered, my main arguments would be: I don't have more friends to lose as it is; I have broken more rules than most of candidates combined here and thus have more experience what should not be done and what are the consequences of those action and I would also be unbiased enough to sanction my own faction mates' shenanigans.
Despite my Probation, I feel I could make the community a better place. Been my dream here on disco to become at least a Moderator to help out and try to keep the Mad House we call our ,Loving and often dysfunctional Discoverygc Family, rolling smoothly
Considering I have applied several times I wont demand to be given the position, but I can offer one thing that I have proven time and again while here in Discovery.

Total and complete unbiased opinion when dealing with factions. I believe that is a value that many players have had issues with when dealing with factions to Mods/Devs/Admins. The issue of Biased opinions in favor of their favored factions.

Also.

Like Bret here, I've applied for this position two times. Time was never a problem and activating new forum accounts is my thing...
This is a prospect that I have considered for a very long time.

I have come into a large amount of free time recently. This comes in the form of frequent down times at work, thus I am available during the week to frequent the forums. At home, my fiancé comes first. At work, obviously work comes first always, but Discovery can certainly come second. This website is one of the few that isn't blocked by my business' filters, and so I find myself visiting often.

I'd like to put my name into the hat. I have a few favorable characteristics that would make me an ideal candidate.
*Availability. I can frequent the forums Monday-Friday during the morning and afternoon periods of the East Coast United States timeframe. Usually unavailable on weekends. I like to watch the Shoutbox!
*Neutrality. Currently, I'm not a part of any Discord or Skype chats, and I'll likely keep it to a minimum to avoid factional chats and one-sided viewpoints concerning any potential drama. I like to get along with everyone, and I will do my best to remain unbiased in all subjects.
*Fairness. As a player, I do my best to resolve conflicts diplomatically. I haven't filed a sanction on anyone recently, since I prefer to try and talk with trouble makers first and defuse a situation before it explodes. A couple of times recently, I've found myself stepping in to try and cool down heated arguments and offer solutions. To me, sanctioning is a last resort, and I would warn someone unofficially before going with an official warning.
*Understanding. Sometimes, anger gets the best of us. I get that - we're human, it happens!
*Experience. I've been a part of this community since 2007. In that time, I've never once been sanctioned. I received a warning once, and I believe it was before I made a forum account. Fun fact: It was for owning a Kusari Destroyer as a Corsair, and my teenaged, 15 year old self's excuse was "But I bought it before joining the Corsairs!" I took the advice of several in-game cries to change my ship, and by the time the report was processed, I had wizened up and obtained a Praefect, and so I was let off with a warning.
*Knowledge that I am human. I am not an omnipotent, all-knowing creature. I've known the rules well enough to avoid a sanction for ten years, but I will click that Server Rules link in a heart-beat if someone wants clarification in something. I like to provide correct information, and if I don't know something, I will look it up. If I cannot find it, I will seek a second opinion.
*I'm a Reader! Why does this matter? Simple really: I like reading stories. This makes me ideal for aiding in the process of approving/denying SRPs. I realize that Special Role Plays require at least one admin to vote on each case, but Mods can fill in one of the slots necessary, and having the time to read stories is something I have a fair decent amount of. Perhaps I can speed up the process?

I appreciate your time and consideration. I'll end this on a nomination note: I think would make a fair choice. Bret seems to have a love for this community, outside looking in, and unlike myself, has been active both in-game and on forum for the past seven years. Despite the flak he's caught for the whole furry thing, he has stuck with the community and adapted to adversity, and now wants to aid the community by becoming a Moderator. I admire his tenacity and dedication to Discovery.

Warm regards,
~Your friendly neighborhood Sand_Spider
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11