Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kusari vs Gallia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've mentioned this a few times now but I'd like to bring it up in its own thread.

I think Kusari and Gallia should go to war, and here is why:

1) The Kusari civil war is dead and stale and has been for a long time. The reunification of Kusari is long overdue, and the sooner it happens, the better. This storyline can be implemented pretty quickly. How exactly to do it is up for debate; there are arguments to be made regarding Empire vs Republic, Kishiro and Samura and whatever else, but that's another discussion.

2) The Gallic war is at risk of getting stale as well. Gallia's stomping of everything in its path has been going on for a long time now, and perhaps we're reaching a point it should start to be reigned in a bit. A new front could revitalise things and maybe take a little pressure off of Bretonia, which is suffering badly.

3) There are often complaints that Kusari is dead, and there are often complaints that Gallia is dead. Well, the two houses border each other. Fighting could erupt in, among others, Kyushu, Tau-23, Tau-29 and Rishiri. For the purposes of the war, backed with the lore of Kusari being responsible for a surprise attack, there could even be a KNF ZoI extension to Lyonnais. A house military battlefield in Gallic space for once, that'd be great fun. We all know house wars are generally good for activity.

4) How many times in the last 12 months has a Tokugawa had anything real to do? Get these mothballed Kusari caps, and whatever dormant Valors are floating around, shooting at each other. Give them a reason to log in and do things. Surely these two classes of heavy battleships going at it in the wide open spaces of Kyushu would be pretty awesome.

I can think of some arguments against such a war, the first of which is inRP, how can Kusari expected to be strong enough to do this? Well, surely it isn't so far fetched to give it a bit of a boost and keep Gallia's response proportionate. The republic has been enjoying relative peace for quite some time and can be considered to have rebuilt to a degree. Secondly, the aforementioned reunification would bolster its strength, and finally, what's to say Gallia has to respond with a 250 Valor stomp immediately? Kusari could have initial momentum and Gallia could consider it to be a lesser threat than that posed by the likes of LN and BAF in Bretonia and simply not commit such a force that would one sidedly crush KNF. Nobody would have to expect Kusari to be conquering New Paris in two weeks, surely a combination of these factors could justify a bit of a balanced fight. ooRP, does it matter? It's impossible to have the number of player ships reflect the supposed roleplay strength of factions. For example, the argument over the Hessians having so many Jormungands has been done to death. When it comes to the players fighting, any side can win at any time.

It could also be asked how you could explain this war happening in the first place. Well, maybe Kusari's increased strength could embolden it, and the returning of the Imperial Navy to the fold could influence the political landscape and set what is a traditionally proud and independent house on a path of revenge for what Gallia did to it some years back. As above, the ooRP could simply be: because it'd be good for the mod.

This might sound a radical idea to some, but so what? I truly believe this would be a great activity generator that would ultimately benefit all. Please feel free to share your thoughts.
I think Kusari vs Liberty would be a much better war.

Either way, the Kusari Civil War needs to go and it needs to be replaced with something else. A Civil War between dead factions is just going to result in dead activity and little lore progression. Pitting a House against another House, and encouraging the factions within both to cross in between, is a much more productive means of activity generation.
I support the idea, as - like I always poined out - Kusari had 5 years of relative peace and stable economy between end of Tau Wars and Exiles return to Kusari. Enough time to rebuilt their fleet using four shipyards within their space and The Ring in Rheinland. (Since I assume KNF pays Rheinland to save their economy and gets drydock or two in return.)

But then, I'm happy to see activity in Kusari again, as provided by KNF and GC.

As for KCW... Myself, I rather imagined entire Civil War in Kusari being a powerplay between Liberty (Dragons), Bretonia (Exiles) and Gallia (KNF). And perhaps even with Outcasts involved as well (though GC that, with OC support, would tear ties with Dragons if possible). I sorta wished to make Kusari a battlefield in which all three (four?) would secretly or openly clash against each other. There also were voices about Kusari-Rheinland conflict in Honshu, but that also died out since 2014. I think this is why KCW died out so quickly, because foreign powers weren't involved.
I agree that there needs to be something other than a civil war, but I like the idea of fighting valors in Gallic space
I agree with the sentiment, especially with point 2 as a fan of Bretonia. As a Baffer in one form or another pretty much all my Disco life, it's been pretty depressing that Bretonia has been losing for quite literally years of real time. Even if it's not a complete reversal of fortunes, a Gallia-Kusari conflict would inject a bit of hope back into us tea drinkers.

An active Kusari would be wonderful as well in its own right. And who knows, if Bretonia and Kusari were able to jointly push Gallia back, they might come to a peaceful resolution over the conflict of interest in the Taus that Gallia so inconveniently interrupted.
(12-04-2017, 11:15 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]4) How many times in the last 12 months has a Tokugawa had anything real to do?

Apart from an ocassional Tohoku/Sigmas scuffle with the Order/BD| and some PvE events, pretty much nothing (after 343 ceased to exist). Though a Kusari - Gallia war doesn't seem to make too much inRP sense honestly. Besides, the GRN playerbase has been pretty dead recently. Either way, Kusari needs a new conflict for sure.
I just reminded myself that when Kusari and Gallia were about to end in state of war, Story Devs just stepped in and said "No".
we agree!
I was hoping the GMG-Rheinland war would eventually lead into a Rheinland-Kusari war, since Rheinland could easily create a beachhead in the Sigmas without making the same mistakes they did in the 80 years war. Both houses are dead and could use activity with a big war like that, while nobody really seems to care about GMG.
Clearly the Civil war hasn't worked and the house desperately needs something to get activity, personally Kusari-Liberty war makes more sense and is healthier for the server than another faction for Gallia to fight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8