Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [split] FL Models - (Again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-12-2018, 05:28 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2018, 10:42 PM)Dave Synk Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that. Since I still have them, think of how it went Big Grin

(01-12-2018, 05:03 PM)Clavius Wrote: [ -> ]Which is funny because Durandal said the model is nice and balancable as seen here
So, what's with that? You say one thing 2 years ago and now suddenly you change your mind?
Trolling the Corsair playerbase and myself for 2 years is also alright in your book? How many hours of effort has been wasted from the players to see this ship ingame and you just go "lol nope bai" ?
Really not cool.

Please stop putting words in my mouth and stop harassing me about a model that will never make it into the game. This is the last time I am going to ask you kindly.

Is that so? Weird, I was really sure YOU said it will get into the game
I could call you a lot of very descriptive things that I am obligated not to say on this forum, so I will just go with LIAR!
Really disgraceful.
(01-12-2018, 06:11 PM)Clavius Wrote: [ -> ]Is that so? Weird, I was really sure YOU said it will get into the game
I could call you a lot of very descriptive things that I am obligated not to say on this forum, so I will just go with LIAR!
Really disgraceful.

Yep, my mistake. That's what happens when you don't actually open up a model in max and take a proper look at it. But hey, if I recall I already apologized to you for that in private. Unfortunately for this entire forum, you've got all the skype logs while I've got a brand new computer as of last June, so I guess we'll never know. If I didn't, sorry again for talking without actually doing my homework. In any event, I'm going to go ahead and split this thread since Swallow is correct in that we're getting very far off course here.
The idea is that the models ended to the right people as you guys share your opinions.

Also, I stand solid on what I did said. There are people who always wanted to contribute and help this mod grow. But if that's not good, then good luck with delivering standard-issue content, slowly while people around here get bored of small modifications and slowly leave, or wait for something else to come. You can elaborate whatever ideas to protect your position and your friends in the Dev team. The facts are here as we clearly see the content flow of the mod. If permitted and taught about this matter, people can deliver. Again, good luck with your mindset and way of doing things.

PS: Really sad to see yet again the overall attitude when someone wanted to donate something that might be used or not by anyone possible. It's something than having nothing at all. Even concept art.
We'll include the models gladly if someone finishes them. Seriously, the only reason we are arguing here is that they aren't finished and ready for implementation.
Fact - I don't have a 100 hours time to texture them. And we also don't know if there are mesh issues - that alone could turn into a really heavy nightmare to fix.
I'll accept them from ANYONE who manages to send them finished and ready for testing. Especially if the UV work is good.

I have just now written the first iteration of a Short Guide to Model Quality Standards, it's undergoing a review at the moment.
(01-12-2018, 06:27 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2018, 06:11 PM)Clavius Wrote: [ -> ]Is that so? Weird, I was really sure YOU said it will get into the game
Really disgraceful.

That's what happens when you don't actually open up a model in max and take a proper look at it.

This is a lead developer ladies and gentlemen. Has a model for 2 years and didn't manage to take a proper look at it, great stuff!

I don't want to hear your excuses, if you are really sincere about the apology, you will actually do what you said you would, 2 years ago.
In case you will not (which I am sure you won't), it will just show what a terrible, terrible person you are.
Go ahead and prove me (and others) wrong.
(01-12-2018, 05:51 PM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: [ -> ]Eigos, Want to Talk about Insults? How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOwfET7Thrc

As you can see here, Durandal specifically states that he does not accept Milkshape exported models and yet the model in question is clearly an export from Milkshape.

And the person then proceeds to bash my work claiming it is mine, these are the reasons why he will not accept my work.

Now ain't that an insult.

Dude.. what? Yes, you modeled the Deimos, unless you lied to me about being the one who made it upon sending the files, showing me the work in progress screenshots, et cetera. The model, which was exported in milkshape, was re-imported into 3ds max, cleaned up, and exported from 3ds max over the course of the video.

In summary... wtf are you talking about?
What I really wish to see, is that the community members (who are capable and send real good stuff, and make sense regarding the general direction of the mod) to be implemented. I mean, you guys should be in greater numbers and change "shifts" regularly since at a point, FL Is quite daunting to mod and do stuff of finesse detailing, and since it's no paid job. But make it so that if other people are competent enough and are capable enough, let them do something for the progression of the mod. All I'm asking Big Grin
nobody said anything about the quality of your own work here, ironically. What I see in those renders looks quite good, even if I don't have the mesh in front of me. All I'm saying is that I don't have the time to finish it.

In fact, the only one here under fire who people keep citing as this large portion of the community which is apparently making models which aren't accepted into the game is .

If there is actually anyone else out there doing models which aren't being accepted, I honestly don't know about it.
I would be willing to help with the art side of things.

Dude.. what? Yes, you modeled the Deimos, unless you lied to me about being the one who made it upon sending the files, showing me the work in progress screenshots, et cetera. The model, which was exported in milkshape, was re-imported into 3ds max, cleaned up, and exported from 3ds max over the course of the video.

In summary... wtf are you talking about?
[/quote]

I never showed you any progress screens etc... You never replied to any of my queries and instead gave me silence in return. and yes i sent you an obj that was quad not triangulated. Milkshape when it exports obj and it triangulates them. Secondly Milkshape arranges its models into groups based on Textures. Something which you knew very well but never bothered to tell me. i had to figure it out on my own

My point still stands. You used that model to say how you was never gonna accept my models because of so and so reasons... using a model with groups i never created ...

Justify yourself as much as you want, but that never changes the fact you never ever wanted my models in the first place and you kept stalling it. I even offered to do "THOSE" stuff which you said takes time under your supervision, so that it meets "YOUR" Standards... but all I got was Silence.

Ohh and Thanks for including my Coalition BC model without giving me credit....

(01-12-2018, 07:18 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ] nobody said anything about the quality of your own work here, ironically. What I see in those renders looks quite good, even if I don't have the mesh in front of me. All I'm saying is that I don't have the time to finish it.

In fact, the only one here under fire who people keep citing as this large portion of the community which is apparently making models which aren't accepted into the game is .

If there is actually anyone else out there doing models which aren't being accepted, I honestly don't know about it.
Zyliath... and Hellfire comes to my mind. But of course they are too beneath your level of skill to take note.
Pages: 1 2 3