Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Pacifica Shipyard, From Lady Megaera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sender: Lady Megaera
Recipient: Pacifica Shipyard
Origin: Munich
Encryption: Medium
Opening Transmission

[Image: bpZnudi.jpg]

Greetings, Pacifica Shipyard.
I am Lady Megaera, the seeker of the void.
I have a business proposition to you. It involves generous payment if you live up to your reputation. Therefore I request to speak to one who is in charge, so we can discuss this matter.

Transmission Terminated
Incoming Transmission

[Image: sbVYl1Z.png?1]

To: Lady Megaera
From: Stefan Morgenstern, Die Reichsarbeitergesellschaft der Alster Union
Subject: RE: Offier

Guten Tag, frau Megarea

An interesting name you have there. Anyway, let me introduce myself. Oberster Arbeiter und Die Alster Union and the captain of KKS-Kraftwerk Stefan Morgenstern is speaking. At the moment, I am responsible for all operations taking place at our shipyards.

I'm afraid, that we can't proceed your offer right now. The construction of a cruiser is a fairly large and costly project; more than that, only the closest allies have access to this service. Before we announce the price, compile a sheet of materials, drawings and get down to work, I want to ask you to tell more about yourself.

Of course, you called yourself "the seeker of the void.". But, I will be honest, that's not enough. First of all, we are interested in what kind of flags you fly. Please send a gunstamp with your Identification and IFF-system. Next, tell us what goals you are pursuing with this cruiser. Do you understand that it requires tremendous efforts to keep it in order and a well-trained crew as well?

As soon as we receive the answers, we will name our price and proceed to construction.

Auf Wiedersehen

Fur Rheinland,
Stefan Morgenstern,
Oberster Arbeiter, der Alster Union

Transmission Ended
Origin: Omicron Kappa
Opening Transmission

Greetings to you.
Ofcourse as a sign of goodwill i shall disclose this information to you.

As for my objectives. I need a sturdy flagship as my base of operations. My current Scylla of Rogue makings is not what suits my purpose. It needs to be able to survive any environment and a ship that is a mashed together pile of space debris will not. My pursuits will not go against the Unioners' objectives.
My current crew are well capable of keeping the scylla from falling apart, so they will do a fine job with yours.

Transmission Terminated
Incoming Transmission

[Image: MuIiDPi.jpg?1]

To: Jealousy.
From: Sascha Lattke, der Alster Union, leader of the Pacifica Cell and de-jure commander of all Unioner Arbeiters in the Bering and Puerto Rican regions.
Subject: This woman.

Megaera.

One of the Erinyes.

Fitting that a woman whose name is translatable as Jealousy wants that which she does not currently have.

I assume this is a pirate moniker. GEIST will not enquire over any details beyond this point. However, we can make an exception. I hope for everyone's sake that we do not. Not every rabbithole requires an Alice.

Usually we would demand credits, or material compensation for services rendered. However this is the absolute worst time to lay down a ship construction order of any occasion within the last fifty years. We are in the process of recovering from a bloody war that cost us in steel. Blood is replacable – the human body produces four hundred billion platelets per day. The entirety of Sirian history has not produced four hundred billion spacecraft. Iron depends upon the death of stars. Blood merely the death of man. What is a human life compared to a machine? I have myself many men and not enough machines to provide them with roofs, pressure hulls, survival. I must tend to my flock before I do trade with a stranger. Unless that which you offer is more valuable than my family. More than mere credits.

Tell us how your payment is both generous, and, most of all, unique, and we will graft you the first hull that rolls off the production line. Hull Eighty Seven Libra Five. A hull that was intended to be ours. It can yet be yours.

The ball is in your court, strange one. Seduce me. Find me that which I do not yet know I desire, and I will direct you to Vulkan – the master shipwright and finest engineer in the colonies. He will provide you with a chariot that would make Apollo jealous of even you, envious one.

Well?

In solidarity, in peace, I remain yours.
Sascha Lattke
Cell-Lord, Chort's Forge, Westphalia.

Transmission Ended
----WARNING, EXTREME INTERFERENCE--- Channel Remapping.....Channel Remapped.
Origin: Baffin
Opening Recorded Transmission

So if I understand it right.
You made me wait almost two whole weeks for a reply since my last message, even though I showed my good will to you.
And now you dare adres me with this tone?

How dare you! I should cast you into the pits of Tartarus for this insolence. And the audacitiy to compare me to Apollo!
You think gods have eternal patience? You are wrong. I made the offer a long time ago and I never said the offer was eternal.
I think it was wrong of me to extend this offer to someone so careless as to think that they can make me wait for so long.
Do not turn the generosity of the gods into something to take for granted.

Perhaps the Hessians will indulge me better. I will offer them the double of what I was going to offer you.

Transmission End
Incoming Transmission

[Image: MuIiDPi.jpg?1]

To: Jealousy.
From: Sascha Lattke, der Alster Union, leader of the Pacifica Cell and de-jure commander of all Unioner Arbeiters in the Bering and Puerto Rican regions.
Subject: This woman.

If you wish to offer the (highly incompetent) Hesse twice of nothing in return for a vessel which will certainly explode around you whilst looking suspiciously like a pile of outdated mining machinery hammered ignominiously together, then you will simply be back to where you started. The Hessians are in an even worse institutional bedlam than we are, having no fixed figurehead. It may interest you that we are the only population in the underworld who sells our spacecraft to -everyone-. We also manufacture the best. Quality is our assurance. And as master craftsmen we have the ability to pick and choose our customers.

I will make no apologies to attending to my own before a petulant deity behaving like an overly aggressive soccer momma awaiting a ticket at the ship licensing office. The wheels of bureaucracy grind slow. You will operate at the speed of mortality or depart our existential plane for one more befitting your vapidity.

Would you care to personalise your order, Madam? I am intrigued by the subject of us negotiating further. You're rather fun.

In solidarity, in peace, I remain yours.
Sascha Lattke
Cell-Lord, Chort's Forge, Westphalia.

Transmission Ended
Origin: Baffin
Opening Transmission

Your words and deeds mean nothing to the eternal.

Transmission Terminated