Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Confederation of Freeports administration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming transmission

Transmission start

Good morning.

I would like to notify you about abuse of power by Nodoka Hanamura, current administrator designate of Freeport Eleven. Without evidence pointing to violation of Confederation of Freeports' laws, she banned me and all Oracles from ever entering the Freeport's NFZ and station itself.

I will quote her own message:

Quote:AS OF January 31st, 825 AS, at 0000Z, ALL VESSELS SQUAWKING A ORACLE IDENT WILL BE MARKED AS NOT WELCOME AT THE FREEPORT OR IN THE NFZ. THOSE WHO HAVE RESIDENCE, IF ANY, AT THE FREEPORT, ALONG WITH ANY OTHER ASSETS, WILL HAVE SAID ASSETS BE SEIZED BY FREEPORT 11 ADMINISTRATION AND ORACLE PERSONNEL FORCIBLY REMOVED FROM THE FREEPORT.

I shall describe the situation. Piloting my Waran heavy bomber, I performed an attack of opportunity against a Maltese Dreadnought named Cpt.Blackbeard that was fighting against a Nomad, ignoring two other ships that were present - a Zoner fighter and a THP transport.
The fight took place outside the No Fire Zone of Freeport Eleven.
It ended abruptly as Blackbeard managed to destroy the Nomad in question. I immediately retreated, as my target was not viable anymore. The Zoner fighter's pilot apparently reported my actions to Ms. Hanamura, which prompted her to use her position to send Freeport's security after me not long after. Evading contact with them, I left the station immediately, ordering my other ships' automated navigation systems to retreat to a safe location.

Then this communication had happened.
I hereby request the official cancelling of her decree due to lack of the element of the offence.

Thank you for attention.

Transmission end
Transmission pending
[Image: Von_Co_F.png]

Greetings as of yet to be named Communicator

I Am Jerard Voncloud Head of the Confederation of Freeports.

I have looked over the communications made between you and Administrator Designate Hanamura and surprisingly i side with you in this argument that you have not breached any Confederation laws. The attack in question by what i can tell was made outside of the Freeport No Fire Zone.

This however is where the good news ends.

Now i have been Fair to the Oracles i have encountered around Freeport 11 allowing them to remain nearby despite their support of the Nomads they have shown. But this Allowance can only extend so far.

The Nomads as you are well aware frequently attack the Freeport and those who inhabit it and we will defend ourselves as needed, but i cannot in good conscious turn a blind eye to the Oracles when they then rally to the Nomads and attack Zoner ships and those who come to the defense of the Freeport, i would be committed to the padded room if i was to even suggest that this is fine.

As such i will not supersede Administrator Hanamura and instead will be enforcing her statement and will be moving for the Oracles banning and removal from all Zoner installations.

Unless the Oracles agree to stand down and not get involved when Nomads come knocking at the door of Freeport 11 then i will consider continuing to allow the Oracles to use Zoner stations. Im aware that the Oracles MO is communication between Humans and Nomads, i cannot ignore this venture and i have hopes that it may lead to ending this miserable conflict, but i cannot support such a thing if the Oracles end up then Supporting the Nomads against us. There would be new rules of course if we go forward with this choice but i will give you time to consider you options.

Regards
J Voncloud
[Image: i_Xq_Arp_E.gif]
Incoming transmission

Transmission start

Good night, sir.

I admit that it's unfortunate that the initial fight started because the Nomad had attacked the Freeport. I was not present when they conducted bombardment. And as I've already stated, Zoner ship that was present was not my target. Freeport Eleven neither.
I generally avoid conflicts between Zoners and Nomads so your request is not going to hamper my operations. However, I do hope that you will not interfere if any future incident will not involve Zoners at all.
I am less than thrilled about general Outcast and Corsair presence in Delta, for example. I hope it will stay between me and them only similarly to a regular inter-faction conflict.

I assure you that such situation will not repeat in the future. I would prefer to cooperate with you rather than antagonize.

Best wishes,
Israfel.

Transmission end
[Image: Von_Co_F.png]

Israfel

I thank you for replying in a diplomatic tone it is refreshing to see some semblance of understanding out in Delta.

i have no issue with what you have stated but i do need to clarity on what you mean by:
Quote:However, I do hope that you will not interfere if any future incident will not involve Zoners at all.

If the Nomads attack we will engage them and defend ourselves regardless of where we found our self's in Delta so if you can clarify what you mean by this.

if we can engage in more open dialogue so i can get an understanding as to what your movements will be in Delta then we can hopefully figure out a way to avoid such a situation happening again.

J Voncloud

[Image: i_Xq_Arp_E.gif]
Incoming transmission

Transmission start

Mr. Voncloud

Diplomacy is an attitude.
Simple example of such engagement: a skirmish between a Nomad cruiser and a Corsair cruiser near Omicron Kappa jump hole in which I'm taking my opportunity. Zoners aren't losing anything, Nomad returns home satisfied, I continue to mess with Hispania from time to time, nothing terrible happens.
And no, I won't say you suddenly lose your right of self-defence. Nomads are at war, you are at war.
I don't know what else can be done to completely avoid conflict. We do not have any kind of patrols obviously, and our participation in combat in general is not a routine.

To be honest, with your way of non-interference and neutrality Confederation of Freeports seems to be at least... Somewhat realistic choice for peace negotiations. We need to start somewhere.
However, Nodoka mentioned that Commune wants to attack the Freeport. This is not aligning well with our agenda.
Do you mind telling some details? They don't communicate their intentions to us at all.

Sincerely yours,
Israfel.

Transmission end