Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Commonwealth of House Liberty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: FJWFvSf.png]

Friends and neighbors,

The Covenant of Auxo as well as the Inner Phalanx wishes to further invest in the development and security of the Independent Worlds for a better future. With us slowly rebuilding the bridge of friendship between ourselves and the Crayter Republic, we feel now more than ever is the time to capitalize on security.

With this in mind, we would also like to extend a hand of aid to the Commonwealth, and assist in the regulation of traffic within Commonwealth space. What we are proposing is a new form of automated checkpoint based off of sample technologies identified in Kepler and studied at our facilities on board the Temple of Auge. These platforms are an area-based disruption technology, which will be quite effective at disrupting vessels with hostile intent that attempt to breach Commonwealth space.

The deployment of these experimental platforms would allow domestic patrols and assets to better interdict unwanted elements and create choke points, which can serve as security stops and assist in the interdiction of smuggling and pirate operations in the area.

What we'd like to propose is the deployment of two of these assets in areas of your discretion. The devices would be provided by us and programmed to utilize your IFF, to prevent any issues and problems that might occur.

The Inner Phalanx awaits your response.

With sincerity,

Venator Ipaxator & The Inner Phalanx

[Image: hQFZSl6.png]
[Image: QQWKvSj.png]
Name: Christopher V. Dalgaard
Subject: Better safe than sorry

Venator,

I applaud your tactfulness in preemptive security consideration, better to have all the gear required to withstand a war and not need it, than be faced with the grim reality of your people being gunned down and minus the equipment they need. I've had very little faith in our neighbors over yonder in Coronado, they're a conniving bunch, almost reminds me of the Republic on my end, might just be the fact that they both share a naming convention in that regard.

I digress, your offer is immensely appreciated, controlling the flow of traffic in Commonwealth space is inherently difficult given the lack of any intra-system lanes, it's easy to way-lay a hostile target and keep them disrupted if you know their general direction given the nuances of a trade-lane. However, this all goes out the window in the independent worlds, so any strategic improvements you can make to save our patrols the time, fuel and effort, would go a long way.

If we're going by my opinion, I've got an entire colony to protect down on Guadalajara from Royalists and Tree-Huggers alike, therefore I'd like to see one of these platforms deployed in orbit of the Magellan jumphole and the other near the Kansas jumphole.

This will allow us to effectively clamp down on unwanted traffic moving about within Vespucci as well as interdict potential smugglers and hostile scout wings with a single patrol deployment from Monterrey. It might additionally discourage people trying to use Vespucci as a short-stop to smuggle illicit goods into Kansas.

I see this as being most effective if you were able to provide coverage over the Inverness jump corridor, as I'm sure keeping your own backyard regulated is of interest to you. If you have any tactical suggestions related to the bolstering of our borders, feel free to outline them within this channel.

Libera te Ex Infernis,
Dalgaard.