Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: DWR, CC: The Bundschuh Movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: VWA_transbar_Nika.gif]

Opening talks

To Whomever it may concern,
most of you still know me. Some of you cursed me, others cheered when I won the election to be the person to lead you.
Some others betrayed me.
However, I am not contacting you to accuse you, or to unsettle you. On the contrary, I am here to make sure that you don’t stray from the path that the Party was on beforehand.
It is my understanding that there has been tries to reunify the structure, to reestablish the general assembly. There have even been pushes to reform, attempts to make sure that the party moves on to a future where it doesn’t have a place.
Do you not remember what we swore to protect? Are you so lost in the weird and sometimes chaotic ways caused by the HVEB, by treason within our own ranks, that you have decided to return to wishywashy politics, that you have forgotten that we should stand united or else our numerous enemies pick us apart?
Even the Order have strayed from the path of cooperation with you, an indicator of just how inefficient and squabbly you have become.
You see, there is a reason why we were strong before the treason, even when Eistochter and Klugmann were still around, no matter their deeds. We strived for a common goal. That goal was the destruction of the federal republic, and not some personal gains in a party assembly that decided nothing except for when smoking was allowed in what part of Bruchsal.
So now, after almost a year of strife, I offer you a new way. A way out of the despair, a purpose. Because no matter what we think should stand after the FRR, what we agree on is that it needs to end. So my offer is that we can work together. To bring down the Republic, to burn it down to the ground, and afterwards, we can and will decide what to build on the ashes.
I plan to conduct this endeavour, and whether or not you join me will tell a lot about you. If you wish to, feel free to contact me on a frequency that I will have put into Bruchsals and Bielefelds neural net hubs.

Whatever you choose and whatever side you may stand on in the future, consider this a greeting.

Dr. Annika Jana Haupt, Parteivorsitzende der Bundschuhpartei, Generalministerin der Frühlingswache, Oberst der Vereinigten Widerstandsarmee

[Image: JG7K1os.png]
Message Received
Neural Net Access Code 9.472.0018.35

[Image: rW2yS4R.jpg]

[Image: j31VqZ3.png]
Date: 15.02.825 AS
To: Doktor Annika Jana Haupt, Generalministerin der Frühlingswache, Oberst der Vereinigten Widerstandsarmee
From: Emmanuel von Gottschall, designated Oberst and Generalsekretär of Die Weiße Rose
Topic: Lazarus
Origin: Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt System, House of Rheinland
Encryption: High

Hoch geachtete Doktor Haupt,

It truly is you, is it not? Very well. I will have to leave this one to you, you have managed to surprise me. It almost seems as though the Bundschuh people always have one or two additional cards up their sleeves, no matter the circumstances. When one Oberst disappears under most mysterious circumstances, of course one of old times has to reappear inevitably. When you try to plug one hole, another bursts open, it seems. I hope you did not take offence of that little joke.

It however does not mean that the Bundschuh has given up its renown hospitality while you have enjoyed your little hiatus. Even though our first interactions in space – at least the ones I have heard of – sadly seem to tell another story, you can be reassured that Die Weiße Rose is currently not in a pique with you. Do not worry about us being unsettled about your sudden reappearance. It is quite the opposite. I am heartily glad to now have a little guardian angel on my shoulder, showing up every now and then - of course only when they are not currently busy with staying in the dark - and whispering into my ear which path the Party should take.

Yet there are points you have mentioned that disturb me. Surely the goal that is uniting us all is the downfall of the current Government, but what I find humorous about your beliefs is your ludicrous sense of unity. There is no arguing about the fact that the Bundschuh as it currently is stands fragmented, but may I express my wonder about your so called “Frühlingswache”. An organization that does not seem much different to any other sects the Bundschuh is assembled of. So please, Doktor Haupt, explain to me what sets your sect apart from the others, except sugar-coated words that we all have heard so often by now. Talks about unification, talks about our true enemy, talks about putting away our differences - I doubt you can impugn that those always make you seem overly idealistic and altruistic. While such would be laudable in general, I cannot help but harbor doubts about possible ulterior motives. Call it a sound sense of paranoia.

You cannot deny that you have been away for a long time, Doktor. The Bundschuh as a whole has since then moved on. Perhaps not always in the most appropriate kind of ways, I will give you as much. But let alone the fact that it has not collapsed and is actually – yes, I think we can say that – on a good way back to the former strength and might it once held is enough of a proof that the Bundschuh has not failed. We are currently not in the despair you are desperately trying to put us into.

As for the decision you want us to make, I think the time is not yet ripe to arrive at a final decision on what to do with you and the remnants of your loyalists. Any other decision except the decision to not make one as of yet would only bespeak impulsiveness and imprudence, two behavior patterns we cannot allow ourselves right now. We will be open for further talks concerning the possibility of cooperation towards this single goal you have talked about, for we have not forgotten that goal either. But for now I think it is now your turn to put more content behind your words.

Attachments: None.

End of Message

Angels

Herr Gottschall,

It pleases me to see that you have gone through a similar story as most politicians on Bruchsal. Quietly being reestablished after a period of 'voluntary' inactivity is quite the experience, isn't it? Seems that you're no stranger to the 'reappearing Oberst', as you seem to call it. So no, I don't mind the joke, even though the irony of it isn't missed either.

Your offer of hospitality, however, is one that I will gently have to refuse. I have to exercise caution here, and given that the 'interaction' you refer to was with a person that seems to be your equal in rank, it would be a gross misstep for me to actually take you up on it. After all, I was promised that, and I quote, 'unless I am inclined to change my intentions' (which I stated were not hostile in the slightest), Oberst Falkenberg would 'wreck my petty ship'. Now I am not certain what part of my ship she took offense to, but back where I come from, it is generally considered rude to threaten to kill someone just because you disagree with them. Takes all the fun of a good discussion away if you're talking to a corpse, don't you think?

Now I am relatively certain that you are aware of the hypocrisy in your try to ridicule my argument for unity. As someone who is far from the newest member of the Bundschuh, you should be aware that the center of my message was and always has been just that - strength from unity. Certainly the movement is fractured, yes, but at the same time it's not helping that the currently largest one threatens to just shoot disagreeing people out of the sky when they approach Bruchsal. Don't you think that your claim that my 'sect' is contributing to the dissent is a little far-fetched when in fact the first reaction I get from high ranking DWR personnel is not your meager attempt at damage control, but instead the reason why the Bundschuh shattered after I was betrayed and incarcerated?
It's not the fact that there are sects that is making us stand divided. It is people like Oberst Falkenberg that do, people that refuse to see the bigger picture and instead choose to welcome a returning sister, however hurt she may be, with the proverbial gun to her head.
You speak of ulterior motives, when in fact the only thing I hear from you is political jargon. I've been in this job for a while, Oberst, I can see if someone is trying to sweet-talk me by saying nothing with almost six hundred words. You accuse me of harboring ulterior motives, while you don't trust the populace of Bruchsal enough to let them hear the declaration of sympathy and allegiance by Ostara and her commanding officer, becoming no better than the Republic you claim to oppose? You know, I understand you want to try containing the masses aboard, but don't think that we don't know what is going on at home. It's not like you only have friends aboard. So I ask you, Oberst - what is your ulterior motive? Do you want me to appear as a lone survivor, a lone wolf without support? Because believe me, I am not, and the news of my return and Wolf's allegiance is already spreading like wildfire.
And while we are speaking about this, I would like to use this particular instance as an example to rebut your claim that you're not in despair. If you're not desperate to cling to your so-called position of power, tell me, why are you so scared about people hearing about the return of the one faction that once unified them under one banner? Don't bother answering, it's a rhetorical question. We both know why. Because I am right.

I think that I have made my stance clear. I am in no position to need to prove myself to you, Oberst, nor is the rest of the Wache. Our purpose is pretty clear. We exist to bring down the feds, and we will do that. By any means necessary, and with or without you. In fact, it is you who is in need to provide content. It is you who needs to prove that they are not shams just trying to take advantage of a weakened movement.
I have already proven myself as both a commander and a leader. Have you?

Dr. Annika Jana Haupt, Parteivorsitzende der Bundschuhpartei, Generalministerin der Frühlingswache, Oberst der Vereinigten Widerstandsarmee

Message Received

[Image: sQqSK5R.jpg]

Date: 16.02.825 AS
To: Doktor Annika Jana Haupt, Generalministerin der Frühlingswache, Oberst der Vereinigten Widerstandsarmee
From: Emmanuel von Gottschall, designated Oberst and Generalsekretär of Die Weiße Rose
Topic: Messiah
Origin: Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt System, House of Rheinland
Encryption: High

Sehr geehrte Doktor Haupt,

Now, I did not necessarily have to bring this up, but since you are already alluding to it, why not do a slight detour into personal business before anything else. I must confess that you have truly left behind an impression back the day we have occasionally met on Bruchsal. Although back then I did not manage to match the face I was seeing with a person, I manage to do so now. It illustrates in a very beautiful way how in every politician resides a little con artist, wouldn’t you agree?

Before I move on, however, I believe an apology in the name of Oberst von Falkenberg is in order. She is a person known for her hotheadedness, and while such an attribute can be of advantage in many cases, it can also be the source of reopening old sores that were not meant to be opened in the first place. Obviously she must have interpreted your preceding statement differently than you had intended.
I will not defend her actions, since she committed a breach of etiquette here that I am not endorsing. Nonetheless, apparently you did not care to look behind the evident here. Oberst von Falkenberg, even though her response towards you might have been inappropriate, merely did this out of one single wish. Yes, the wish for unity. She feared for the integrity of the Bundschuh as a whole when you announced you had risen from the dead. It is a reaction explicable through paranoia. And I think this paranoia is advisable to a certain degree. You of all people should be able to understand her, for you have made your experiences with paranoia as well already. Am I right?

The news about your sudden reappearance indeed spreads like a wildfire, but what do these news evoke in people’s hearts, I ask you. Are you really so sure that it is only new hope and courage that fills people's heart when they see your transmission, or would you also acknowledge the fact that many, like von Falkenberg, are concerned about it and don't know what to think about any of this?
That you do not only have friends on Bruchsal either is visible through what you already spoke about, if I am not mistaken: the jamming incident. We could not help but take notice of your fellow Wolf’s frequency getting jammed on entire Bruchsal Base. While I can understand that you immediately jump at us and accuse us – after all, what a great hook it is for your further argumentation, yes? -, I must sadly underwhelm you this time. This is someone else’s doing, one’s who must have been even fonder of you and your little propaganda move than we are. Because that is what it boils down to, if we also keep the transmission of your colleague Wolf in mind. Offering a new way, you say - that too much reminds me of your election run, Haupt.

I do not know how you spent your time in exile, but I can tell you how my Kameraden and myself have spent ours: picking up the shards your disappearance had created and making a positive out of a negative as much as humanly possible. If it had not been for our fight for the common goal you like to mention, I go as far as to say that the Bundschuh would not stand anymore as it still does today. It does not stand on steady legs anymore, yes. But we are not to be foisted off the blame for the Bundschuh’s current situation upon. Nor do we have to provide content, as you phrased it.
You said yourself Die Weiße Rose is currently the largest of the movements inside the Bundschuh. Then you must have noticed on which route we are, creating unity for the shattered whole. And now you appear, making it sound as though we merely take advantage of a weakened movement to satisfy our own lusts for power. This is hypocrisy. You know that this accusation can be applied on yourself well enough. What else would motivate you to spread propaganda for a movement under your own leadership again? Come to speak of ulterior motives.

You try to make yourself out to be the Bundschuh’s Messiah, but I can guarantee that you are not. I can still remember that you already once tried to be the One, the one to unify us and lead us to victory against our proclaimed enemy. In theory this sounds like a nice legacy, but I would like to ask you where it is in practice. I have already mentioned the legacy I can see: a legacy of riots and squabbles, murder and chaos you have given us, us who were left behind without a leader when you disappeared. It does not matter if this legacy was desired. For the result it does not matter. You meant well, but the Bundschuh almost collapsed after you disappeared nonetheless.

That is not to say that you have not proven yourself a commander and leader, Haupt. Nobody can possibly deny that. But all those qualities in the world will not matter to the people you fight for if you cannot keep control over the situation. Preventing betrayal first of all means not making yourself prone towards it. A lesson I guess you have learnt during the last year you have spent in exile.
In this context, I can well remember the campaign you held during elections more than a year ago. The words you said back then still ring in my head.
“Eistochter and Klugmann have led us into an abyss that we need to help ourselves out. The evidence provided against them is a maddening amount of intrigues, backstabs and the like.”
Do you remember that? You see, a basic of rhetorics is the so-called rule of three. A perfect argumentation consists out of three examples. Sadly your list yet only consists of two, Eistochter and Klugmann. However, with another year having passed, I believe in the name of my Genossen I can finally add a third name to the list. You can guess which name that is.
Tell me: How would you have treated Eistochter or Klugmann if they had magically made an appearance again? Because it seems as though we are in the same lovely situation again. Talk about History Repeating Itself.
May I voice my opinion, as it is you have not yet broke away from the past. You are still in your election run, are you not? Well guess what, Doktor Haupt, time has moved on, even without you. Time kept on ticking away. Situations have changed. The Bundschuh has changed.

No matter the circumstances and no matter how much I might have made the impression of wishing to fight you and your beliefs, this is not the case. As you said yourself, a buoyant discussion always makes one’s heart beat higher. One point we agree on; the Bundschuh needs to be strengthened again, and no bit of paranoia or lust for power will change that. I merely want to remind you that times have changed.
And thus, I don't want History to repeat itself. If we were to apply the same harsh methods you once did against Eistochter and Klugmann, the outcome would be even more disastrous. We can work together towards a golden future, but only if you let go of the past and your preaching at an instant.

End of Message

Burned bridges

Herr Gottschall,

first of all, let me make myself very clear.
Back in the day, when I was still running for office, I would certainly have enjoyed the banter we are having right now. Frankly though, I have only a thin layer of time for playing mind games, and the layers of my patience are even thinner.

If it is worth anything to you, I would even accept your apology, were it not for the fact that you not only uttered it with a caveat, but with a veiled attempt to jab at me. Do you honestly believe that I would give myself that kind of an opening? That I would forget the fact that she quite literally threatened my life, as well as the life of the people following me, for the mere act of disagreeing with her?
You're running out of excuses, Oberst, and to be quite honest with you I find it a little disappointing that the turn to excuse for someone holding such a position of power being completely unable to not only control herself, but to consider party policy, is not portraying you in a fine light. On the one hand, you apologize, even try to offer me an olive branch, on the other, you insult me with innuendos and carefully placed words trying to make me lose my calm - all while the central 'authority' of your party couldn't be more passive if it were elected into the Bundestag, leaving you, Falkenberg, and whatever other dog there is bickering over the corpse that you claim to be the future for the Bundschuh movement.
You claim you've picked up the shards, but frankly, the only thing I am seeing right now is the try by a headless organization to stay in the position of power that they were maneuvered into by a far smarter mind than them, scrambling to avoid backlash, unable to deal with crises in a proper manner. Hell, even blaming the Adler for downing one specific frequency related to a transmission of a proclaimed favorite of the Eistochterists. The Bundschuh is just as fractured as it was before the rise of the White Rose, and you seem to even continue the legacy of bickering among yourselves that Klugmann and Eistochter began.
It's quite sad, honestly.
Your way is not the way to unity, even though you claim it to be. Your inability to keep the other party members in check, the fact that you don't even know your facts about the sects you are supposed to represent to the outside, and the contradiction in your own very attitude are speaking volumes about your actual aptitude at providing guidance for the people looking for it.

Let me tell you something about the Bundschuh movement from before I stepped out of Eistochter's shadow. It was a movement divided by problems, caught up in political scandal after scandal. Before I took the helm of it, not even the Armee was able to defy that, constantly being caught in the struggle between Eistochterists and Klugmannists. The two used sects, people, enemies and allies as their pawns in a game that kept bringing down the movement, to the degree that at times, we had to rely on the Hessians for protection. The Hessians, a movement that we, the Bundschuh, essentially created in the first place. There was no central authority, no control, people bickered, nobody really was in party line.
And now, to emphasize my point, let me compare this to the White Rose.
One Oberst threatens my life if I dare to return for disagreeing with her, the next talks about open dialogue while he is at the same time implying that I was the problem, the cancer that is causing the decay. Oh, and don't get me started on the fact that there was an information blockade that just so happened to be preventing the communication by another Veteran. A blockade either caused by the controlling group on the station, which would show how much they are unable to control the populace aboard, or even their own men - or was caused by a different sect, only emphasizing the point that the station is nothing more than a bickering ground for them.
To finish this off, Mister 'Generalsekretär', I have a question for you. How exactly does this differ from the Bundschuh before my rise? Exactly. It doesn't.
And that's interesting, don't you think? It lets me only come to one conclusion. The Bundschuh hasn't changed. It has merely been lead back to the state it was in before I took the reigns, and the catalyst for that development is quite evidently you, or rather, the movement you represent.

So no, Oberst. I am not in my election run. I won that election, before being betrayed by the very own people you kept sheltering while you rose. I was democratically elected Chairwoman, and if I recall correctly, neither Helena Wunderbring nor whoever it is now were elected. You think I am still running for office? Against whom? Autocrats who depose of anyone they deem unworthy? Dictators relying on the power of a fractured paramilitary to secure their piece of a pie that is decomposing in front of them? I'm not running for anything. I am intending to do what is necessary to pursue the original goal the Bundschuh was formed for. To bring down the "Federal" Republic of Rheinland. To give liberty to the oppressed, so they can build their new world. I am not occupying myself with the power struggles for an office that I was elected into, because I already hold that office. I am not going to involve myself with the internal strife of a group of people unable to decide on when the airfilters on a station need to be replaced because they don't want to overly prefer a sect over the other. Your petty attempt at using my reappearance for your own political gain has not only been noticed, Oberst, it has been foiled.

The Bundschuh has not moved on, and it never will. As long as you control it, as long as you refuse to acknowledge the reality of the fact that your mixture of corruption, nepotism and futile bickering is cause for the issues it faces, the movement is dead in the water and beyond saving. And as long as you refuse to step down from the high horse that you have built for yourself out of the clay molded by the ones who came before you, I will refuse to talk any further. Other than you apparently, I have a war to fight. And it is because of people like you that we are losing it.

It is not me who is holding on to the past.
It is you.

Message Received

[Image: eUAxXxKm.jpg]

Date: 19.02.825 AS, 16:46
To: Nika Haupt.
Topic: Past. Trouble. Potential corpse.
Origin: House of Rheinland.
Encryption: High.

Sehr geehrte, frau Haupt,

You are a trouble. You are unwanted here. And my warning is still intact. If i ever meet you again - i will blow up your ship and give you out to the Rheinwehr. I will leave it to them to define your destiny.
There can be no open dialogue with a stupid person, the kind you obviously are, only extermination.
Your word means nothing in White Rose. Your opinion means nothing here. And you are not welcome here along with your egoistic ambitions.
So you better stay away.

Best regards - Oberst Tanya von Falkenberg.

End of Message