Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Kusari Government; Subject: Trade relations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To: Kusari Government, Ministry of economy and trade
From: Secretary Elton McKenna, Guadalajara, Vespucci System
Subject: Trade relations

[Image: 549dbd3890fc6_-_this-year-s-model-lg.jpg]

I am not entirely sure whom this will reach considering the shifting political situation in Kusari, yet, with utmost respect, I will ask for your attention on a matter we would like to discuss.

The Commonwealth wishes to open talks about trade relations between our organisation and the great house of Kusari.

To be more precise, we ask for trade vessels under Commonwealth banner and in extention the Hellfire Legions logistics division to be allowed to trade within your borders.

I am certain both sides can profit from such an agreement as the Commonwealth, quite possibly slipping the attention of the big markets, has developed an export market for leather wares, regional ores and some luxury foods we wish to expand.

I will await your answer and hope we can find a common ground on this matter.

With respect,

Elton McKenna, Secretary of Foreign Affairs.

[Image: Mickiko_8.jpg]

Akemi Arai

Esteemed Secretary McKenna, we thank you for your message and would like to apology for the delay of this response. Yet, I'm afraid House Kusari current elected government isn't at liberty to begin a negotiation process, given the current political climate on New Tokyo, especially when said negotiations could last beyond our elected representatives time mandate.

As you know, House Kusari is in the middle of a rather uneasy reconciliation process. Everyone expects a final consensus to be reached within the next weeks. Elections would naturally follow to form a new government, responsible for House Kusari politics.

I will make sure to leave a note for my successor regarding your organization wishes.

There is however a few preliminary observations I can make regarding your request:
1) From my knowledge, you belong to an organization wishing to overthrow House Liberty current government. House Kusari has no desire to interfere in a foreign House internal affairs and is enjoying good relations with its neighbor.
2) House Kusari has strong economic ties with House Liberty. Our Jump-gates originate from House Liberty, so do our trade lanes network; most of the H-Fuel used in House Liberty is shipped by Kishiro Keiretsu, to give a few examples.
3) Given those ties, it wouldn't take long for House Liberty corporations to relay having observed Hellfire Legion or Commonwealth trading ships in House Kusari sovereign space. It is quite certain House Liberty government would not appreciate that news, which may cause diplomatic difficulties.
4) I can see the advantage your organization would gain by being granted access to House Kusari market. I am however uncertain about whether the advantage gained by House Kusari for gaining access to Commonwealth market would be of an equal magnitude.
5) Given points enumerated above, perhaps your organization would have something truly valuable to offer, outweighing the risks of worsened relations with a close neighbor.

Those are of course mere personal observations regarding your request, which was rather unexpected. I do hope they will help you reach a consensus with House Kusari next elected government.

Respectfully,

Akemi Arai
Minister for Kusari Foreign Affairs
[Image: X04Ng2q.png]
New Tokyo system, House Kusari, 825 A.S

Automated message

Case archived and forwarded to:
+ Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
+ Ministry of Trade and Economy.

[Image: X04Ng2q.png]
New Tokyo system, House Kusari, 825 A.S

Secretary McKenna Elton, Commonwealth

My name is Satomi Motoyasu, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kusari Empire.

The cabinet has been reviewing this opening made by the commonwealth. Quite intriguing, to say the least.
I have to admit my predecessor did an excellent job when she presented House Kusari's first stance regarding those negotiations. I believe those points are still valid.

Minister Akemi Arai

1) From my knowledge, you belong to an organization wishing to overthrow House Liberty current government. House Kusari has no desire to interfere in a foreign House internal affairs and is enjoying good relations with its neighbor.
2) House Kusari has strong economic ties with House Liberty. Our Jump-gates originate from House Liberty, so do our trade lanes network; most of the H-Fuel used in House Liberty is shipped by Kishiro Keiretsu, to give a few examples.
3) Given those ties, it wouldn't take long for House Liberty corporations to relay having observed Hellfire Legion or Commonwealth trading ships in House Kusari sovereign space. It is quite certain House Liberty government would not appreciate that news, which may cause diplomatic difficulties.
4) I can see the advantage your organization would gain by being granted access to House Kusari market. I am however uncertain about whether the advantage gained by House Kusari for gaining access to Commonwealth market would be of an equal magnitude.
5) Given points enumerated above, perhaps your organization would have something truly valuable to offer, outweighing the risks of worsened relations with a close neighbor.

Perhaps we could start from there. Please let me know your ministry's expectations and wishes regarding these negotiations.

Respectfully,
Satomi Motoyasu
Minister of Foreign Affairs