Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Rogue Torpedoes 2018: The Electric Boogaloo [Recruitment/Feedback]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now competing with for the "most times returned" title.
[Image: 3joXgT1.png]

Introduction

The Liberty Rogue Torpedoes is a reoccurring fun-centric pvp-focused faction designed to operate in the borders of Liberty. The faction is built around the notion that losing is Fun and is geared towards community members who are interested in a chance to enjoy PvP-focused gameplay, while fully abandoning any sense of under-performance.
Most pvp-centric factions tend to highly value a member's personal PvP skills, but in the Torpedoes - things cannot be more different. In this group, you revel in the fact that you are an easy target and that, once you undock from a base, you will most likely not dock on another before becoming someone's blue message.

A much more campy, relaxed, casual attitude towards PvP has always been and still is the hallmark of the Torpedoes.

Abandon any sense of effort or the feel that you must prove yourself to someone. If you are a player who feels as though their PvP skills are far too gone to be of any use for a non-trading faction, feel free to revel in this statement and go out with others and have a (literal) blast anyway. If you are looking to chug an alcoholic beverage of your choice, put your feet up and go into a fight without any sense of duty or effort - this group is for you.

Technicals

IFF: Liberty Rogues
ID: Liberty Rogues
Allowed Ships: Any ship that allows you to mount at least two pieces of explosive ordinance (Dual-Nova bombers, Dual-Missile SHFs, etc)
Faction Specific Diplomacy: TBD
Naming convention: NAME.Torpedo

Roleplay Specifics

Saying that the Torpedoes are not a RP-centric group would be a large understatement. The roots of the group lay in an oorp-driven approach to pvp on the server, so the backstory or roleplay-related information regarding the Torpedoes may simply be summarized as a bunch of (possibly religious) fanatics within the boiling pot that are the Rogues. Members of the Torpedoes are encouraged to choose their own level of roleplay immersion and the effort they put in their individual characters, within reason. There are no guidelines or limitations outside of adhering to the server rules.

Joining the Torpedoes and Requirements

As expected, the membership requirements for the Torpedoes are very lax and anyone is allowed to join. The name tag is not password protected and you are not required by the faction's rules to be in any Discord or Skype chat to partake in the fun. There are, however, some guidelines.

*All Torpedoes members must create their ships with the faction writeup in mind. Dual-Nova bombers and Dual-Missile SHFs only, regardless of the tech cell.
*Once you undock from a base, you must end your flying session with a Respawn Screen - self inflicted or otherwise. You are only allowed to dock your ship on a base in order to restock on ammo.
*The point of the group is to relax and not worry about PvP standards. Do not care about unfair fights or stupid deaths. Just laugh and hit Respawn.
*Flying in a group is encouraged. Members are encouraged to organize their own raids without relying on the faction creator to do so in their stead.
*Friendly fire happens. A lot. By joining the Torpedoes, you understand that your own teammates might unintentionally dismantle your ship. Or not so unintentionally, for that matter.
*Exercise restraint, especially when dealing with inexperienced players and adhere to the server rules, especially regarding engagement rules in group fights.

JOIN LINKS FOR DISCORD AND SKYPE CHANNELS
https://discord.gg/ActxEaF
https://join.skype.com/SI69kh1v7F8X

[Image: NwvrpiX.gif]
Still hiring.
Care to fix the discord link?
Your Discord invite is invalid/expired.
Effort though.
Quote:[Image: rpH8VV1.png]
https://i.imgur.com/Gx9m8p3.png
After a good day of hunting, the Torpedoes return to base.
oh oh oh oh oh oh!
I remember old days, when nomads become playable for everyone, then we create similar LR group with fighters equipped full of rockets Big Grin !
I like this idea
//"The recruitment is here?

Then:"

Lad, me applyin' fo' thad fun.

Roger Draiman is me name, the Barghest 's Disturbing.Torpedo.

I'll warm up me recue capsule, seeya in space.

Those xeeners will suffer some losses, the navy aswell.