Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Jack Daniels || From: That one Merc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Private Network

[Image: XCjtKGO.gif]

:::ACCESS GRANTED:::
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Nyx Cockpit in Omicron Minor
  • »»» Sender ID: Nick Stenn
  • »»» Recipient ID: Jack Daniels
  • »»» Subject: Coalition Installation

Guildkeeper Daniels,

Found something you probably wanna take a look at.

Click to be amazed.

It's in Omega-55. Pay goes to Forlorn|-Bank

It's been a pleasure.

Attachments:
-none-

[Image: bdPNNCO.gif]

Knight Commander Stenn
Forlorn Hope Command

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
[Image: gabrielledisco.gif]

Incoming Video Feed
Source: Battleship Anseris Mons, Alabama Shipyards
Comm ID: Gabrielle "Subject 19" Daniels
Encryption: B.S.S. Ver 6.9 rev.4
Core ID Confirmed, message decrypted.
Displaying Contents

Mr. Daniels is not available at this time. He had a... change of heart and decided to take a vacation to a rather... interesting place. Either way, we don't usually pay people for this kind of stuff, but I kinda like you. And since I am operating on behalf of Fa... Jack, well... let's just say you'll find a considerable sum of credits transferred to your bank. Do have a wonderful day, Mr. Stenn and keep up the good work.

~19.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH

• »»» Location: Glendalough Orbital
  • »»» Recipient ID: Gabrielle Daniels
  • »»» Subject: Coalition Installation

Miss Daniels.

I was unaware that Jack had a daughter.

Well, I hope its nothing too life threatening for your father, we've both chosen a rather dangerous line of work. I'll have my people step up patrols in the area, in an effort to soften the resistance for what is sure to come.

Have a fantastic day.

Attachments:
-none-

Knight Commander Stenn
Forlorn Hope Command

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

• »»» Subject: Information Request

Miss Daniels.

We had a nice little showdown in Lost. My men have already filed their claims, so don't worry about that.

No, I'm merely requesting detailed information on the nomads. Anything you have really.

Have a fantastic day.

Attachments:
[X]

Knight Commander Stenn
Forlorn Hope Command

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

Incoming Video Feed
Displaying Contents

Lost is a lost cause indeed. The place is crawling with those cyan bastards. As for detailed information, I can't really tell you more than you already know. The nomads were and still are biological killing machines with a never ending hunger for destruction. Originally, there was one "major" organization and people referred to them as "K'Hara". Nowdays, they are a very rare sight. Perhaps they completed their short term goals and went back to whatever it is they call home down in Iota and Major. Alternatively, the one you fought, Vagrants, could have wiped them out. Although, the former is nothing but an alien conspiracy theory.

Anyhow, we do know they are all connected. Call it a hive mind, if you would. They communicate with humans via "telepathy". Such a crude word, but it's easy to understand. They are exceptionally well organized, but every once in a while, there's the occasional rogue. Perhaps a result of a unusual mutation, much like rare genetic diseases in humans, or maybe a result of something else entirely, I've no clue. We haven't been able to capture a live specimen so far. When I think about, we haven't been able to capture a live specimen at all. That's what the official records state anyways.

Furthermore, they are supported by a number of... infected humans. You might've heard about "Das Wilde". The rumors are true man. Or most of it anyways. Thing is, sometimes, those who support them are not infected or they try to conceal it. We have advanced screening equipment installed in almost all of our facilities and warships. It's really not that hard to detect them. Abnormal body temp, messed up chemicals in the system, unusual brain activity, arrhythmia. Of course, the tech is not 100% fool proof. In some cases, it can fail to detect the parasite in the host. Or in other cases, there is no parasite.

Believe or not, there are people ready to betray the human kind. People that will work for and support the nomads. Some do it for technological advancements, others for their next dose of liquid cardamine. Then there's the homicidal psychos who do it for chips and giggles. I hate them the most. I have a very, very long list of possible infectees and nomad collaborators and some of them are really high in the ranks of multiple organizations, including my own.

Well, that about sums it up. As I said, nothing new but it's all I can give you without having my head separated from my body and vented into space. It'd be a really unpleasant experience.

Do have a nice day, Mr. Stenn and if you need anything else, you know how to find me.

~19.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Miss Daniels.

The official records often differ from real events in certain fields.

Unofficially of course, it would be exceptionally useful for me to know about past situations with attempted captures of the Nomads. I have a situation on my hands that is rather unique, and any information the Core has on the biology and anatomy of the nomads would be exceptionally useful, if accurate.

While the Forlorn are not experts, in a way, on the topic of aliens and their flunkies, we are certainly no strangers to dealing with them, as plasma fire is a universal solution. Try and keep your head attached, because I might need your help in changing everything soon.

Attachments:
-none-

Knight Commander Stenn
Forlorn Hope Command

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

Incoming Video Feed
Displaying Contents

Oh, what the hell. I'll tell you all I know. But, please don't say who your source was if someone asks. It will be very beneficial for my general well-being.

Some years ago, we had this plan in motion. We were literally going to detonate a bomb in the Iridium field around Dabadoru. Technically, it was a reverse bomb. One of the most advanced and dangerous devices we ever designed. It was meant to create a massive implosion, enhanced by the iridium asteroids in order to suck all the energy away. In return that would effectively knock the nomad out, so to say. After that we would contain it in a "Golden Cage" that would block any attempts of mind control. And that's what we did. Every part of it worked flawlessly except one. The human factor. The chief scientist disappeared and took the specimen with her. She did leave a message and it was very, very disturbing.

She claimed to "have fallen in love with it". Either way, they are both gone and the only person who has all the blueprints is my father, which means I have them as well. I've reviewed the project logs and they end right before the bomb was detonated. I can give you the tech, I can give you the data we collected, but I cannot tell you what's going to happen if you use them. Hell, for all I know, the cage failed and the nomad brainwashed our scientist. Either that, or they genuinely fell in love with each other. Yeeaaah, let's stick with the failed containment theory.

That is all I have for now, but I will keep digging. If you need anything, don't be shy and ask. I will provide. If indeed you can "change everything" then I'd be more than happy to help.
~19.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Miss Daniels.

I'm back, and looking for more information once more.

The Forlorn Hope has successfully captured and removed a nomad morph from the Hivemind. It's being held in its inert state in deep space. We're looking to reprogram the creature, and discover if they can be harnessed by others. After all, they are just living weapons. If we can figure out how to crack the source code, we win.

Attachments:
-none-

Knight Commander Stenn
Forlorn Hope Command

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

Incoming Video Feed
Displaying Contents

You have went and done the impossible. But it's too early to celebrate, this is only the first step. There's a whole lot more that needs to be done.
For the past few years, I've had a small team of scientist tasked with a similar project. However, their work was solely theoretical. We never did manage to capture a live specimen to experiment on. How you pulled this off is still beyond me. But, back to the matter at hand.

Nomads don't experience the world like you and I do. They rely on EM radiation to "see". From what I've seen, they are also obsessed with light, which leads me believe it's a major part of the way they communicate. For lack of a better term, it's like fiber optic. But without the fiber, or the optic. It's just the light. Again, I lack a better term, so imagine that's their sign language and it only works when they are in close proximity to eachother. This, however, doesn't cover long-range communication. I believe they have their own equivalent of "comm relays" , but the lack of such structures means they are fewer and much more powerful that we can possibly comprehend at this point.

If we can find a way to manipulate those factors, we can effectively control, or at the very least, pacify a nomad. As you have undoubtedly noticed, there are different factions within the nomads. The K'Hara are by far the largest, so I doubt we'll be able to influence them at the beginning. But in isolated cases and with the right equipment, we should be able to at least mask ourselves from the lesser ones.

It's too early to speak about assuming direct control at this point. Field ops and experiments must be conducted and readings must be taken. I'll also give you all the data we've stored on this topic. It will be embedded in this message. Honestly, I have faith that this might just work. If I haven't said this already, having a live specimen is a game changer. I'll be able to pool a whole lot of resources in this. All you need to do is say the word. I'll be by my comm unit if you need me. This is simply too big to miss.
~19.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection