Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Project "OLYMPIA"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #001

The project OLYMPIA started just after the first prototype of Deimos-Class Dreadnought, codenamed DRD-00 "Ganymede", passed material and plating tests in order to enhance the second prototype and first functional Deimos, DRD-01 "Olympia" beyond standard projected capabilities of the Dreadnoughts. The project mainly aimed at acquiring experimental tech and specialty equipment such as Mark II-A Cloaking device and Mark III Jump Drive. Just after Olympia achieved operational status at 825 A.S. The cloaking device from former flagship CV-11 "Phobos" made compatible with Olympia. Mark III Jump Drive purchased from gray market and installed just to be realized by Admirality that it could not offer much needed utility to the Fleet as it lacked Mark IV s "Warp Field". After some skirmishes with GRN forces it was realised that Olympia needed much more sustained pressure than its Mortar cannon could offer. Olympia's CO, FAdm. Richard made a deal with renowned independant captain Ezreal Vertiga to acquire the Corsair-origin "GALE" Long Range Artillery cannon.
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #002

"Analysis shows the newly installed Gale Cannon increased ship's engagement capabilities at long ranges up to 5 kilometers from 3 kilometers. Now we can put pressure more on distant targets instead of waiting 10-20 seconds for Mortar to cool down. In the simulated test enviroment we could even put down our lighter Zephyr-Class effortlessly despite its evasion capabilities at longer ranges." - Olympia Chief Engineer, Adam Bourke
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #003

"We acquired the Blueprints of 'Volee' Dispersion Cannon just now. As the Admiral shared them with us, i must say my jaw dropped to ground. The effectiveness of those cannons cannot be denied by any means. They could easily replace our 'Cerberus' Repeater Cannons in terms of damage output, range and speed at cost of power efficiency. But who cares about efficiency when you can mow those gauls down faster than before? We should be able to construct them shortly. Gods i cant wait." -Project Olympia Director Serena Anders
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #004

"We constructed one of those Volee Dispersion Cannons and analysis shows that they are somewhat unreliable at longer ranges due to spreading shots. However at closer range it is devastating. Although there are several power management issues due to mixing and matching several Technologies at once, we should sort it out once we construct the other two cannons.

I wonder where is the damned Jump Drive Series IV we ordered..." - Project Olympia Director Serena Anders
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #005

"I ordered those fancy Dual Gatling Laser blueprints from Captain Vertiga. From what i have seen and heard, those are capable of disposing of smaller craft with little to no issue. I just hope we aren't gimping Olympia's capital engagement capabilities too much. Hopefully the Volee cannons will be enough to win other kinds of engagements." - Fleet Admiral Michael Richard
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #006

The Olympia, now having its weapons completed, evolved into something deadly to both capital ships and snubcraft alike, posessing Coalition, Corsair and Gallic tech on board, it is now an amalgamation of sorts, miraculously working with full efficiency. Small decrease in capital ship engagement capabilities by installing the 'Kreisky' Dual Gatling Laser Cannons were worth the sacrifice. Tests showed that Solaris Turrets combined with those laser turrets, it could straight out murder snubs tp pieces and somewhat considered overkill by the Admirality. However the Fleet Admiral known for having no bounds when it comes to destructive tools. The Fleet Admiral Michael Richard contacted Ingenuus Research Group for a specially constructed Jump Drive in order to increase operational range and response times of Olympia.
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #007

"Finally the bloody Jump Drive Mark IV is finished and installed to Olympia. That device will allow us to move task forces easily from one system to another. The only downside is we cannot have accurate jumps, so far we did not end up near a solar object thank gods. I hope that we can improve it with IRG's help to move away from those clumsy batteries and have the powercore directly power it.

That Ingenuus' powercore seems vastly superior to our Xiphos Mark III s. Like...they [CENSORED] put restrictors on their cores! If ı were them, i would unleash full potential of the core, but i am not a scientist after all. Perhaps they have a gods damn reason to put restrictions into their cores. I must ask that in our next conversation..." - Fleet Admiral Michael Richard
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #008

"No, no, no, No! We sacrificed too much anti-capital warfare capability by installing those damned DGLs. They are not THAT useful like Admiral envisioned! Just no. We need to get better things, we need to have more firepower to absolutely decimate capital ships, Just volleys are... just enough. We need more than just enough! I must press to the Admiral and goverment for more funds into this Project. The Olympia should not just beat the Valor-Class. It must utterly decimate them to pieces!

We must either return to standard Crayter HKEW-73 s or get Rheinland-origin Sledge turrets." - Olympia Chief Engineer, Adam Bourke
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #009

"After Adam spoke to me i realized that Kreiskys arent fulfilling much more purpose. However instead of returning HKEW-73 s, why not contact Council and hopefully purchase some of their guns? I believe their guns are superior to ours. They would definitely fill a gap. If we cannot purchase some of those, we will have to find and salvage a Valor's turrets." - Fleet Admiral Michael Richard
Crayter Military Database - Project OLYMPIA - FILE #010

"Finally we secured a deal with the Council about their guns. While they are not the most efficient guns around unlike IMG T3B Guns, i am certain they will fill the need for extra damage well." - Fleet Admiral Michael Richard
Pages: 1 2