Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greyhound replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
' Wrote:is it still getting implemented in 4.85?
Auto-update FTW
no...it still has texture issues...in some ways even worse then first model...despite model may look nice here on pictures when checked it doesnt meet minimum standards from technical side

naturally, one of modelers could fix it one finds time...but my opinion is that it would be easier to make model from scratch...
mmk, work has started on the Greyhound mkIV. This time I'm using Metasequoia, it's certainly a lot simpler and faster to use than Gmax or 3DS max. I've decided that the old model has a rather boring shape, and Rogue ships do tend to be rather quirky, so I'm trying out some more stuff. I quite like this one, it's rather remenicent of the current Greyhounds' hunch.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3996/model01.png

The fuselage is pretty much done, took around 200~ polys. I'll start working on the rest of the model tomorrow, but it's too late to do too much more now, and I got work tomorrow.

EDIT: Since the model is still in the early stages, now is a good time to voice suggestions.
maybe make the big chunk out of the bottom a bit smaller, you don't want to lose the cockpit in a dogfight
This version could have potential. Remember that Rogue ships tend to have somewhat triangular angles, in one way or another... They are rather quirky.

The model on page 9 of this thread looks like a sparrow, by the way. Glad you didn't go with it.
Nice model, though if you ask me, try to keep that smallness that the original greyhound has, would hate to lose that slimness after a whole year of fighting with it.
' Wrote:Nice model, though if you ask me, try to keep that smallness that the original greyhound has, would hate to lose that slimness after a whole year of fighting with it.

Don't worry, the model may look bigger than the old one (and probably will be slightly) but when you look at it to scale, next to a Werewolf, it is still tiny. Look back a page or so at the size comparison sheet I posted, this model will still be about the same size as that one.
Although I have nothing against the current Greyhound this model looks great. Keep up the good work!
Yes, I love the current Greyhound model too. But it just looks out of place unfortunately.

Here's another update.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/764/model02.png

Still got to add the engines, cockpit and fins, but the model is mostly done, and still only around 300 polys so far.
Thats sexy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14