Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: JM|, .:j:., Reys || From: Ian Howler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Transmission incoming. Establishing uplink.
Encryption: Standard.
Subject: Intrusion?

Hello! I am Ian "Wolf" Howler. Though I am not a member of groups such as your own, I am none-the-less a Junker through and through.
Today, I came across something peculiar.

Was drifting around the Pequena, filling my hold when I came across >>this here<< base that seems most disadvantageous for Junkers.
Appears it denies docking rights to Junker ships. Seems suspect.
It is located at the bottom center portion of sector C3, just outside of the mining zone. Well hidden, even more suspect.
It would seem that what appears to be an outside entity is setting up shop right on our doorstep, and intending to mine the Pequena.
I say this, because I quietly watched what was definitely not a Junker ship - full of scrap - dock, I don't think the pilot was even aware of me!

You may or may not share my concern that the scrap field in the Pequena would be mined out by such an operation on top of Junker operations within the field.
I couldn't just overlook this, in case it wasn't known of and isn't wanted. If this is known of, or otherwise wanted, I am sorry for wasting your time.

Transmission ended, link terminated.
Incoming transmission
Loading heading...

To: Ian "Wolf" Howler
Re: About Velter Smelter

Loading encrypted video data...
[Image: 7z_-VkTlXRU.jpg]

Greeting with respect, mr. Howler. Family Reys already know about this DSE installation, and some of ours juniors work with DSE now. I'm ensure - much part of scrap from this depot still distributed through Port Reys, and this market still in Junkers hands. DSE contractors say me, their goal only clear Texas from their industrial waste. We not see any sense in preventing them do it, while scrap is flow through Junkers. And we hope, Junkers can grab more influence from contacts with Liberty corporations.

But, I'm completely sure in that - Congress should know about it and do what they think would better for Junkers society in Texas. DSE should not envolve any liberty law-enforcers into this area, if they want work with us further.

I don't see how JMs can be interested in it, they will do their salvage operations despite any stations and anything, while it not shooting them. And i completely sure, Junker's prefered market dont cross with DSE market, so why we should bother about it, if they dont will bother our deals.

End of transmission

Subject: Thank you for clearing that up.

Ah, well when you put things that way, I suppose it won't really be a problem for us.
But I must say that I do agree with you about law-enforcers.
So long as that element is kept away, I suppose it could be interesting for Junkers to have some neighbors.
But - I'm a bit worried what a Congressman will think of it.
Thank you for clearing this up for me, because I wasn't sure what it was all about.
I shall continue to collect scrap like always.

-Ian

Incoming transmission
Loading heading...

To: Ian "Wolf" Howler
Re: About Velter Smelter

Greetings again. My juniors, who work with DSE, tell me some information about i'm didn't aware. While Veltman Smelter themselves not do danger for Junkers business, DSE bought Scrap Palace station near of Huston. This is full-scale economic plan, and this is can be a really threat for Junkers society in Texas, if we lost control of prices on salvaging operations, and our salvagers will become low-price workers.

Even if Reys will stop contracts with DSE, this is still be a problem, because how i can see, their franchise company work successful now and bring more laborers. Yes. I'm feel we literally would be ****ed.

End of transmission

Subject: Well then....

Well, what should we do about this?
If that really is the case, them buying out Scrap Palace, we really could see ourselves squeezed out of operations in Texas.
That would mean less food in our stomachs, and less money for our families.
A threat to our society as large as this shouldn't be taken lightly...
With them being a corporation, is there any action we can take without drawing unwanted attention?

-Ian

**Automatic re-transmission. Target recipient: Junkers Congress.**
*Airing Voice Broadcast. . .*
*Signal Origination: Planet Houston*
*Correspondence from Sandra Carter*

Howdy there, Junkers! I'm hopin' ya'll's day is goin' swell.

My name's Sandra Carter, an' I'm a relatively fresh face amongst the Junker's Congress. I've taken some time 'ta go over yer conversation, Misters Ian an' Anthony, an' I can see where ya'll are comin' from.

While I can't exactly speak fer the Congress as a whole (bein' that I'm new to Junker politics), what I can speak for is my own personal take on the situation.

Texas as a system is a part of House Liberty. The scrap fields of the Pequeña Negra are, as many know, a result of the Texas Disaster, the cause of which was due to the malfunction of an experimental jump gate constructed a few hundred years ago. The way I see it, is that the resulting scrap fields technically belong to House Liberty.

Now, of course, Junkers are by and large considered the experts in salvaging hazardous materials, which is why I figure Liberty has mostly left us 'ta be the ones 'ta clean up their mess. But bless Deep Space Engineerin's hearts fer finally gettin' their hands dirty with us! Seriously though, I'm surprised it took this long for one of Liberty's companies to step up an' assist with the clean up. While the concerns of monopolization are valid, I reckon that we can't jus' go shootin' up DSE's miners, neither.

Mister Anthony Reys, have 'ya considered openin' up yer Port 'ta select trusted individuals? I'd be willin' 'ta help pitch in with the salvage ops in the Pequeña Negra, myself. I ain't much've one 'ta haul the stuff to foreign processin' plants, but I can at least help keep Port Reys supplied with scrap. I'd stick with Beaumont Spire, but the darn place hasn't been open 'ta imports of Premium Scrap fer about a week now, an' I'll admit that hawkin' the stuff off at the Scrap Palace ain't exactly a time-worthy endeavor.

I'd honestly consider openin' yer Port 'ta all Junkers, Mister Reys, 'ta maybe help combat the concerns of Deep Space's monopoly of Premium Scrap. That's ultimately yer call, an' regardless of what'cha decide, my offer 'ta lend a hand stands. ... Not, hand stands, like standing on yer hands, but like a standin' offer. *Ahem*

If 'ya need the names of my vessels fer dockin' authorization, those'd be the .:j:.Sandra's.Bunkhouse , as well as my personal Combat Service Freighter, marked simply with my name: .:j:.Sandra.Carter . If 'ya deem it appropriate Anthony, I'd also appreciate it if 'ya granted access 'ta my sister's vessel, tagged as Becky.Carter. She ain't a Junker herself, but she's family. Right now she's mostly a Freelance explorer, but that Ahoudori of hers packs a punch that'll make any stray pirates think twice about messin' with her or anyone she's overwatchin'. Becky ain't one fer minin' or salvagin' - In fact, she'll yell at'cha if 'ya try to sneak in excess salvage aboard her gunboat - but she's worth havin' around, all the same.

Misters Ian Howler; Anthony Reys - I wish ya'll well! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist. I might not be able to salvage scrap on a daily basis in Texas, but I figure that every little bit helps, right? Again - I ain't speakin' fer the Congress as a whole here, but if ya'll want me to pass a message along, I can do so, fer certain sure!

Have a wonderful day, and happy trails, gentlemen!

~~Congresswoman Sandra Carter
Incoming transmission
Loading heading...

To: Miss Carter

Greetings, miss Sandra. Yes, when i saw DSE will join to us in clearing Pequena Negra i was really glad. Liberty corporation which want work with us and dont think we are people of second sort - this is new and encouraging. This is why i in impasse now. This situation require more diplomacy game then i'm whenever can.

About Port Reys, miss Carter - this is open for all who want work with it, except of some groups, mentioned in Reys-Hellfire neutrality agreement. I'm especially did all to save it open for all Junkers. This is just my fault, we forgot add Congress and Marauders to dock-clearance list. I personally can guarantee to you now, we checked this system and fix mistake. And of course, your sister's vessel added in it. Good luck in salvaging, miss Carter, and fly safe.

End of transmission

Subject: I see.

When you put it that way, Congressman...It makes a lot of sense.

I just hope these newbies know what they're doing.
The Pequeña is a dangerous place and I'm not the only one who's had a close call with the cloud.
Even a Salvager Frigate wants to buckle under these conditions.
I sincerely hope they aren't foolish enough to stay out in it too long...

I was also thinking that if they're gonna be operating where we operate...
We could see if they'd be willing to work with us in a sort of way.
Perhaps not side by side, but they seem to have the facilities for material storage, perhaps more.
I'm hoping we can get them to allow us to dock on their "Veltman Smelter" there on the edge of the scrappin' zone.
That may be stretching it, though.

Only time can tell what happens in the end.

-Ian

*Airing Voice Broadcast. . .*
*Signal Origination: Planet Houston*
*Correspondence from Sandra Carter*

Thank 'ye kindly fer ensurin' that Congress an' Marauder vessels alike are able to access your Port, Mister Anthony! I'm obliged to extend my gratitude fer allowin' my sister dockin' rights, as well.

Since I'm pretty new 'ta the political game, d'you mind fillin' me in on the details of the Reys-Hellfire neutrality agreement? I can't say I've heard of it, but from personal experience, the fine folks of the Legion treated me right nicely in the past, back when I was haulin' Copper Ore fer Universal Shippin'. If I'm gonna be makin' use've yer fine facilities, I reckon it'd be right proper of me 'ta brush up on any political agreements affecting Port Reys.

As fer DSE, I'm sure we can get along with them folks right fine. I personally wouldn'tve constructed a base inside of a dark matter nebula, but eh - If they're willin' to accept the hazards, an' Liberty Law lets 'em get away with it, more power to 'em!

I appreciate the assistance so far, Mister Reys. Keep on keepin' on, an' maybe we'll bump into each other in space!

As fer yer inputs Mister Ian, if DSE's willin' to help fill up our own salvage vessels, that'd mean less exposure fer us 'ta the nasty exposures of dark matter. I dunno if they'd be willin' 'ta allow Junker vessels access to Veltman Smelter, but 'ye can always reach out 'ta them an' see if they're willin' to give ya'll access. As fer me? I'll probably stick with supplyin' Port Reys, when it comes 'ta combin' the fields of Texas.

~~Happy Trails
~Congresswoman Sandra Carter
Pages: 1 2