Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Kusari Naval Forces || From: The Custodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: KoOp0W8.png]

Καλημέρα,

It's time to talk about the future of Sigma-21 and Saigon. Overdue as it may be, the playing field has been swept clean and I would prefer to forestall anymore needless loss of life. We've both lost hundreds of our own in the sieges, and unless we work to a compromise, many more will die. I'm sure you can appreciate the need to at least try a diplomatic outcome before we take such destructive paths further.

With both Constantinople and Kazuno gone, there exists a problem that we realized during the defense of Constantinople, and one that was further reinforced during the siege of Kazuno. The Rheinland Military was more than willing to aid you in the destruction of the Custodi station, but was suspiciously absent from defending your own. And now the only organization with a direct military presence in the system is Rheinland.

It is clear to me that they were merely using you to help them clear the path to Saigon, and once you had fulfilled that use you were just another obstruction, and were subsequently discarded. I offer the uneasy hand of cooperation to you now. Saigon is a rich and fertile world, and the salvation of my people, and all Corsairs. However I would be foolish to claim that we would be able to hold it in the face of so many who desire it as well.

No, instead I bring terms. The Custodi do not need the entire planet, nor do we wish to do more than supply the food Crete needs using its fertile grounds. Constantinople was our attempt to begin paving the way, and while it is a deeply felt loss, it is possible that the brief clashes over the planet may bring us together in ways that peace never could.

So here is what I wish to achieve. A truce, in which the KNF and Corsairs can agree to set their differences aside. Planet Saigon would not be claimed by any one of our two demographics, but rather shared. The Custodi, and by extension the rest of the Corsairs, would take only enough land to be developed as required to support Crete, the rest would fall under Kusari control. Our groups would be held separately from each other, to prevent cultural clashes, and to ward off any incidents that may occur. Finally, the Custodi would be willing to assist the KNF in keeping Saigon, and the rest of Sigma 21 firmly out of the control of Rheinland.

I've come forward in the hopes of peace, I hope that you do as well.

Yours sincerely,
Άργος Νικήτας
Argus Nikitas
[Image: xkNs6Fw.png]

Transmission forwarded to Kusari Empire governing Body.

Office of the Admiralty,
Kusari Naval Forces.

[Image: JCMMxNU.png]

Καλημέρα,

The general is growing impatient, and I can only stall for so long. Please hurry with an answer if you wish for a peaceful resolution.

Yours sincerely,
Άργος Νικήτας
Argus Nikitas
[Image: X04Ng2q.png]
New Tokyo system, House Kusari, 825 A.S

[Image: OAI87Dq.jpg]

To Argus Nikitas, representative of the Custodi community

Your view on the matter is an interesting one, speaking of cooperation after the damage is done. This outpost of yours intruded in the most grave form on the security space overseen by the Kusari Naval Forces, of which Kazuno outpost served as a central bastion to ensure the unhindered flow of civilian and commercial development in the region, beset by various forms of piracy and inter-faction disputes.

Rheinland Military was requested assistance in the withdrawal of the raiders you represent. Their assistance was not requested in regard of the defense of Kazuno, by the Shogunate discretion. That is our view on the events that transpired.

Let our stance be clear regarding Saigon, and the system commonly known as Sigma-21: Kusari will move ahead with the development of civilian settlements in the system, and enforce the establishment of our culture and law in these territories. Kusari has the means, and will enforce their rights to do so. Alone, if must be.

Upon consultation with the Prime Minister and his Imperial Highness, it has been agreed that we are not interested in anything less than a long lasting solution for any matters in the Sigmas. No use to make pacts of convenience to deal with a small matter, so that one of the sides comes back demanding "renegotiations" just 6 months after the ink has be set upon the document. You might have had received more tolerance during the Republican interregnum, but it will not be so anymore.

Should the elements of the Corsair nation desire to negotiate with the Empire of Kusari, they must do so as a whole, and willing to negotiate for a long future.

Kusari will prosper. If you wish a peaceful involvement in such prosperity, may all Corsairs be ready to negotiate for it.
The Empire will advance with those who have earned his respect, or will do so alone. Kusari shall fear no war.

Respectfully,
Satomi Motoyasu
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Καλημέρα,

I come forward, offering a long lasting solution as the current representative of the Council of Elders from the Custodi, and clearly lay out my exact wishes, in an attempt to reach a diplomatic solution to the looming conflict over the Sigmas. You claim this to be a small matter, but you've never had your entire nation risk death because of starvation.

Kusari believes that it can hold Sigma 21 alone, and maybe it can, but it will not be an easy life if it chooses to discard any offered hands of friendship in a bid to look unified and strong. You claim that you wish for a long term solution without a risk of renegotiation, and that it must be the unified will of all Corsairs, Custodi and Dorian, but fail to see that that is what was approached you and made this offer.

Respect and tolerance. When your people fight over scraps to feed their children, and are forced into piracy in the hopes of keeping their families alive, then you will understand how little those ideals matter.

But I did not come here to beg, nor to threaten, but to change the course of history, peacefully if I can. My offer is simple, the terms are plain. They do not even leave Kusari as underrepresented. Saigon will be split between the Custodi and the Kusari population. We need only one third of the planet, the rest would be yours. We insist that our different populations remain separate, and we require that our forces would not be fired upon, just as they would not fire upon yours.

These are it. There are no hidden terms, no carefully worded loopholes. I offer peace, do not spurn that which will save countless lives of your own.

Yours sincerely,
Άργος Νικήτας
Argus Nikitas
[Image: X04Ng2q.png]
New Tokyo system, House Kusari, 825 A.S

[Image: OAI87Dq.jpg]

To Argus Nikitas, representative of the Custodi community

Your terms are filled with nuances and naivety, contrary to your claims, Mr. Nikitas. I have requested negotiations with the Corsairs, and yet I see a deal mentioning only "Custodi", which can either mean a large community, the band of raiders that was lodged in this Constatinopole installation we destroyed, or just a name to hide one man agenda. What good would we do if we promised "one third" of a planet habitable surface, if the next community of Corsairs wasn't welcomed by the Custodi in their lands, and was forced to pirate Kusari shipping or demand more land concessions. You might want Just a parcel of land, but it seems it's not just "you" who is going to be involved.

Either way, words within the Cabinet mention that an understanding for a Corsair colony can be achieved, autonomous of the major Kusari colonization of the planet. Surveys have begun for determining viable areas for first settlement, and instructions to the mission commission to earmark arable areas suitable for Corsair independent development have been issued. Heavy cloud presence have masked most of Saigon geographical features from optical scans, but one thing is for sure, there is lots of terrain to cover.

Equator level surveys:
1 2 3 4 5 6

Upper Pole Survey
Lower Pole Survey

The Mission Commission has not yet announced any names for the geographical features, but there features lots of areas with apparent access to water and without excessive mountainous terrain, suitable for crops and habitation. Small coastal sections will be considered for the Corsair reserve so they can engage in maritime activities in some manner.

------------

Settlement of a planet is a costly affair, and trying to support parallel settlements at the same time from space is unproductive. Kusari proposes that the Custodi join efforts with us and base their development at an initial stage alongside the Kusari colony and spaceport. Separate sector of the initial colony would be arranged for the Corsair settlers, and such ward would still be in place even after borders were set, and the Corsair autonomous colony was ready to start on it's own feet.

Additionally, the Kusari government would be willing to permit that the Corsairs established a space based outpost in the System, that the Corsairs could use to ferry goods and settlers from their Homeworld to the planetside settlements to be developed. Said base would reside within Kusari sovereign space, but it's internal administration would fall under Corsair complete control, and it's residents and business protected by Kusari law, much like the access to the new settlement.

We may consider allowing the outpost to be placed in Saigon vicinity, but it must not be used, in any circumstance, to impede or obstruct Kusari and civilian access to the planet in question.

Likewise, Corsair security of their assets is to be moderate, and refrain from heavy military deployment.
----------

In conclusion, a Corsair settlement and independent development is not out of the question, but the ambitious aims of the Custodi (and the Corsairs?) require a greater deal of cooperation and understanding, which would need to be built up. If it is of interest, we may resume discussions.

Respectfully,
Satomi Motoyasu
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Καλημέρα,

I see that my freshness to life off the ground of Crete has given me away. I speak for the Custodi people, the owners of the only fertile land on our homeworld, and a subset of the Dorians, the people you call Corsairs. I am also currently the Custodi representative of the Council of Elders, the governing body of the Dorian nation as a whole. As such I have considerable influence, as not only can I speak for my own people, but I also have access and influence on the greater nation of Dorians to a degree.

The Custodi, as the only "Corsairs" with experience in sustainable farming and arable land, would be the holders of the settlement on Saigon. Regardless of this, it would still be a corsair settlement, and would be the first steps to ensuring that the food crisis on Crete, and across our empire as a whole is addressed and finally brought to an end.

We would be willing to work alongside Kusari colonists and corporations, to ensure cooperation and understanding. Obviously, I am tentative about culture clashes, and would prefer that these are avoided as far as possible, but exposure to each others cultures and people, in a controlled environment is hardly a bad idea. As such I propose that as an initial stage for cementing the future, both in terms of our politics and the settlements on Saigon, that a joint depot be constructed to serve as a way-station for supplies bound for the planets surface.

On this way-station, our people would begin to work alongside each other as they begin to prepare their new homes on the surface, and it would allow us to measure the reactions of our different nations civilians coming into contact with each other.

The Custodi additionally would like to extend an offer of support, in the form of its pilots. We can ensure a wing of our more veteran combat pilots is on station and ready to assist Kusari Naval Forces in and around the locale of Saigon, with our own heavier ships held in reserve. As such, we could already begin joint operations to ensure the security of the system, while pairing the best fighter pilots that Sirius has ever seen with some of the most tenacious capital ships and their crews.

Yours sincerely,
Άργος Νικήτας
Argus Nikitas
[Image: bPtu7KB.png]

Kalhmera,

Custodi have been experiencing setbacks of political nature over the course of the last month, and as the new leader of our nation it saddens me that this channel has been dormant for that time.

Now, kyrios Nikitas has done his due diligence in terms of introductions and proposals, however I'm of the opinion that just words, without a formalised agreement, aren't much of a help in the delicate matter that is Planet Nicosia (or Saigon). Thus, I would like to ask if Kusari is willing to accept our invitation to negotiate a treaty confirming our cooperation regarding the planet and, perhaps, our friendship in the future.

Yours faithfully,
Ίκαρος Α' Αυγουστόπουλος
Icarus I Augustopolos
Archon of the Custodi

Pages: 1 2 3