Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: =LSF=, Agency 404
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
| ID: 'Zero'
| Location: New York
| Subject: Alien crash-site
Independent auxiliary division, junior agent Zero, reporting. During a routine sweep in the Pennsylvania system, I discovered an alien warship idling by the lanes. After establishing that its intent wasn't outright hostile, I issued a demand that it leave Liberty space. A demand with which it seemed to comply at first. Having no capital support, I wasn't intent on antagonizing or interrogating it in any way. It expressed a desire to learn about the Laws of the Republic of Liberty, and I advised it access the public version on the neural net. However, upon doing so, its system seemed to suffer a fatal failure. It attempted to reboot, and failing to do so, it initiated a self-destruct sequence, diving into Planet Bruin's atmosphere. The explosion was visible from orbit. Yeah...someone should look into that, just saying.

[Image: 3WLlzhs.gif]

Agency 404

Transmission; Start
Identification: Director Avery Reeves
Encryption: Secure

initializing image feed...
image feed available...

[--------------------------------------------------------------]
[Image: upK8NWw.jpg]

Agent,

I'm not sure what you want me to look into here, you've clearly shown us that the ship more or less put an end to itself and out of its own accord to top it all off. So unless you want us to sieve through scrap on that dust-ball of a planet for the wreckage of a ship that may not contain a black-box whatsoever, given its alien nature. It's also worth noting that with how atmospheres generally work, I doubt there's much left apart from burned metal for us to scoop up and take back for analysis, which I'm ready to do merely for the sake of understanding how to break defective machines such as this one in the future.

Besides this, I'm not sure what you really want looked into. Though I will inform my Operatives and Marshals to be more wary of similar occurrences, should this get out of hand, we will have no choice but to mobilize the Revenant to assist you and provide heavy support.

I hope this is a reasonable enough response to the incident you've brought up before us.

| ID: 'Zero'
| Location: New York
| Subject: Alien crash-site
Director Reeves. With all due respect, I only presumed that a case of alien intrusion and possible technological contamination such as this, was a national security issue. I am not familiar with the durability of the materials that these alien warships are made of, so I did what I assumed was my duty, and reported this before the technology could fall into the wrong hands. I didn't mean to take away from your valuable time. Unless instructed otherwise, I will return to my normal duties.

[Image: 3WLlzhs.gif]

Agency 404

Transmission; Start
Identification: Director Avery Reeves
Encryption: Secure

initializing image feed...
image feed available...

[Image: upK8NWw.jpg]

Agent,

What you encountered was a capital class vessel of what can only be assumed is some new reiteration of the Gammu Artificial Intelligence. Historically they have seldom been a problem to dispatch by force or kick out should they prove compliant. There has been no recorded evidence of the materials these ships are constructed out of being classified as a source of contamination.

Encounters with such ships in the past have at their worst proved to be a nuisance. But it shouldn't be hard to solve with the firepower available to the Republic if such incidents were to grow more frequent and less convenient.

How these machines get here is as much of a mystery as to why they come here to begin with. Though it's been observed that these strays tend to be rather glitchy in their conduct and not much cause for concern. They don't seem to be able to properly function in systems that contain sizeable infrastructure.

If you see more of these AI constructs, please relay the details to us and we will act accordingly with the force that is deemed appropriate by the threat the subject poses.

Consider the crash site completely safe and the scrap that wasn't recovered should now be nothing other than a crater.