Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(04-12-2018, 07:36 PM)Remnant Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I have been following the rewrite for the docking mods for some time
Even though I’m relatively new to the game

I am wondering ....... once the docking mods get fixed

If it is possible to jump a carrier or ship with other ships inside

Just interested

But........ maybe it could be implemented in some way don’t know whether it’s difficult to do but it would be interesting to be able to jump with fighters on board

Might make for some epic gameplay

Thanks
There's nothing in the plugin defining what you described as impossible. If you have someone docked with you, and the carrier jumps, anyone docked will simply leave the carrier in the new system.
So yeah, that's completely possible.
That was a feature in the old plugin. The rewrite can do anything the old one could.
On another note, the plugin is fixed and is ready to go into live testing, however it's still waiting on @Alex. to give it his approval. Soon, hopefully!
I am happy to see that your still working on Docking Modules, keep up a good work!
Was hoping you would say yes ....... but if it’s a no

That’s fine

Seeing as I’m quite new to the game

Just thought I would ask

Cheers
(04-14-2018, 10:29 AM)Nerva Regis Wrote: [ -> ]I think the biggest thing that could dock was a GB. But you needed to have Docking Modules in the Heavy Docking Modules slots. I think the Bustard has 2 of those slots.

As far i know, Gunboats was never able to dock on ship with docking module.
Only fighters, bombers and some freighters.
(04-14-2018, 06:26 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2018, 10:29 AM)Nerva Regis Wrote: [ -> ]I think the biggest thing that could dock was a GB. But you needed to have Docking Modules in the Heavy Docking Modules slots. I think the Bustard has 2 of those slots.

As far i know, Gunboats was never able to dock on ship with docking module.
Only fighters, bombers and some freighters.

Some gunships were able to because of their small cargohold, such as the bottlenose.
(04-14-2018, 01:33 PM)Freeport 12 Wrote: [ -> ]Was hoping you would say yes ....... but if it’s a no

That was a yes. You can dock, jump, and undock just fine.

Quote:I think the biggest thing that could dock was a GB. But you needed to have Docking Modules in the Heavy Docking Modules slots. I think the Bustard has 2 of those slots.

The plugin isn't limited by ship type, but cargo hold capacity

Code:
if (cship->shiparch()->fHoldSize > 275)

If you have more than 275 cargospace, you're denied. Otherwise, you're set to dock

Quote:Hope this one lets us config limit that (Cargospace allowed).
I mean. Sure. I'll make that adjustment later today.
Edit: Done and implemented
Staff is more than welcome to talk to me regarding what they want. Otherwise I'm simply going to do as I please.
Just another enquiry

How are the docking modules coming along

Any idea when they will be ready to be activated into the game

Many thanks
FREEPORT 12
The plugin has been done, tested, and ready to ship for about 3 weeks now, although Alex has been busy with other matters, and has been unable to review it yet.
I can't exactly give an ETA for implementation. Although I too hope that it happens soon. Stay tuned.
Well, is it dead or alive still?
Yes I would also like to find out exactly when the docking modules are going to be working again

Or are they already working ? ?
I never give such information out.

(05-29-2018, 04:48 PM)bakugandenis2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, is it dead or alive still?
I have no update to give. There's code but I have barely looked at it and certainly not tested it yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6