Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(03-26-2018, 02:55 AM)Remnant Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: What about "Connecticut" ? If you enter "conn" from Manhattan, then dock on carrier there, logoff, carrier returns to its previous base Planet Erie and logs off. Where it spits you out, when you undock, while carrier is offline?

The plugin rejects docking requests if the carrier is in conn. Thus your last base as someone being carried, is never going to be a base inside of that system.
Could you make it show a message, explaining, that docking does not work in conn specifically? People tend to test stuff in conn, so this might be good way to prevent false alarms.

Quote:Also, you are not allowed with commodities into conn, how that will be handled?

In the previous plugin, there was code making sure that this wouldn't happen. I've ported it over to this version. Basically it bans you, as someone else mentioned previously. It's then up to the admins to deal with you.
Does it ban you when you login or when you undock in conn? Again, a message warning that you are now in conn, where commodities are not allowed could be a good idea. Snubs returning from a fight are bound to have some loot in their cargo.

(03-26-2018, 02:55 AM)Remnant Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate Alex's gesture. Bugtesting on an environment identical to the one it's to be installed on, is most definitely ideal.
In fact, live bugtesting is probably more effective than code-hunting anyways.
For sure, live is the way to go (happy) Thanks if all goes like this, we will have those modules working in no time. Do not forget about me when testing VM is available.

Quote:Is it possible to teleport fighter to a carrier? Would be nice actually and it will look like carrier deploying fighters and bombers

Like a fighter docked somewhere in omega 52
And the carrier is in new london and under attack by teasuckers baf fleet

Then fighter joins the carrier group and writes this command
/jumptocarrier nameofthecarrier
Etc
And fighter undocks from the carrier thats in new london

Dont know that possible or not but i think it will take lots of time for sure
Just an idea though

Actually, that's extremely easy to write in. ~10 lines, if not less. Although I don't think that it's a good idea to implement, given that it allows snubs to teleport around Sirius. If the other devs ask for it to be implemented, sure. I'll do it. But for this build, that's not an intended feature.
You can call for help with https://discoverygc.com/wiki/Hyperspace_Matrix_MK1 (not sure if it works on all ships, that can mount Docking module, but that might not be a flaw) but due to JD limitations, only battleships can jump to you. I imagine a new type of JD for snubs, that would not allow jumping to coordinates, but to Matrix Beacon only. That way we could slap a price on teleporting in the form of JD batteries.
If snub had commodity and is in Carrier in conn, nothing will happen as long it stay in Carrier.
As soon snub take off (or be jettisoned, as i have done in mentioned tests), snub will be insta banned for cheating.
Therefore, Best way to prevent all issues with docking modules in conn is to prevent Carriers to use /conn command if they have snubs on board, in same way now it is prevented to go in conn with commodity.
(03-26-2018, 01:10 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]If snub had commodity and is in Carrier in conn, nothing will happen as long it stay in Carrier.
As soon snub take off (or be jettisoned, as i have done in mentioned tests), snub will be insta banned for cheating.
Therefore, Best way to prevent all issues with docking modules in conn is to prevent Carriers to use /conn command if they have snubs on board, in same way now it is prevented to go in conn with commodity.

I agree, this will work. With also preventing the use of docking modules in conn, it ensures, that no carrier in conn will have snub docked in them.
(03-26-2018, 01:10 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]If snub had commodity and is in Carrier in conn, nothing will happen as long it stay in Carrier.

Alright. While this is definitely feasible, I was trying to avoid taking this route. FLhook has a way where one plugin can safely override other plugins, although it's a feature which I've not experimented very much with.

Basically how this would work, is that the mobiledock plugin will have to have a higher priority than conn. From there, I could use a special return code making it so that it'd skip the other plugin if certain conditions are met.

I don't want to mess with priorities really, to be honest. Although I can see the reasoning behind the suggestion. It'd prevent players from accidentally causing that case bringing a ban to happen.

I'll consider it, and do some testing regarding it when I get home. Theoretically it should be easy to implement. It's simply something I haven't touched on yet.

Edit: Priority functions work great. Feature is implemented.
I have been following the rewrite for the docking mods for some time
Even though I’m relatively new to the game

I am wondering ....... once the docking mods get fixed

If it is possible to jump a carrier or ship with other ships inside

Just interested

But........ maybe it could be implemented in some way don’t know whether it’s difficult to do but it would be interesting to be able to jump with fighters on board

Might make for some epic gameplay

Thanks
(04-12-2018, 07:25 PM)Freeport 12 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been following the rewrite for the docking mods for some time
Even though I’m relatively new to the game

I am wondering ....... once the docking mods get fixed

If it is possible to jump a carrier or ship with other ships inside

Just interested

But........ maybe it could be implemented in some way don’t know whether it’s difficult to do but it would be interesting to be able to jump with fighters on board

Might make for some epic gameplay

Thanks

There's nothing in the plugin defining what you described as impossible. If you have someone docked with you, and the carrier jumps, anyone docked will simply leave the carrier in the new system.
So yeah, that's completely possible.
That was a feature in the old plugin. The rewrite can do anything the old one could.
On another note, the plugin is fixed and is ready to go into live testing, however it's still waiting on to give it his approval. Soon, hopefully!
Few months ago , when docking modules were accidentally get back on line for a day , i did all sort of testing .
One of tests was Blind jumping with snub on board , we jump from New York to Coronado , then snub undock from me and we separately get back to New York , all went well , no bugs or glitches , it is perfectly safe to Jump with snub on board .
Only thing we DINT do is enter jump hole/gate WITH snub on board on my ship , i was told that cause infinite jump bug , so we dint do it .
Hope they r back on soon and thanks for the heads up remnant

The docking mods will be a marvellous thing to bring back

But ........ one more question

Can u jump with a transport inside if the hold is empty

Many thanks
Transports could never dock on carriers. It used to be cargo limited to small freighters. Hope this one lets us config limit that.
I think the biggest thing that could dock was a GB. But you needed to have Docking Modules in the Heavy Docking Modules slots. I think the Bustard has 2 of those slots.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6