Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Flogging of Adamo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gentle opened the casket and his metal hand closed around the hilt of the weapon that had seen daylight on many occasions. The weapon was a whip with nine lashes constructed from the pliable cartiledge from the giant squid that inhabited pplanet Kurile. Woven into a handle 9 strands spread from about a foot up into an evil looking collection of weighted whip ends. The 'Hydra' had been taken from teh dying hands of the last person to try to wield it on Gentle. The man who had enslaved the young boy and his mother had whipped them both to within an inch of their lives on many occasions. The slaver died a with his throat cut in his sleep and Gentle had murdered the first person in a line of bloodshed that ended many years later when he took controll of the OPG.

Gentle snapped out of his reverie and tested the lash. His inhuman cybernetic strength bent the whip into a fearfull compression and part of the table the lashes fell across became deeply scarred while the Hydra ramained untouched.

Gentle looked into the chamber through the view hole and watched Adamo enter. Gentles compassion for the man and his cause ran deep but his resolve to retain discipline within his ranks was the core of the OPG. Adamo's decision to buy the part wrecked Battlestar was against the wishes of the council of elders and the personal advice of Gentle and the resulting backlash from the council had caused Gentle much embarrasment. Despite that Gentle felt the aquisition could be of use to the operation in the sigmas where outcast activity had become commonplace.

Adamo approached the centre of the chamber accompanied by Asno, Gentle's right arm. gentle opened the door to the ante-chamber and walked toward the pair. "Hola hermanos. Adamo, this is what you must face. You need to appreciate that your actions are the cause of the pain you are about to feel is a direct consequence of those actions. Before we begin I want to show you something"

Gentle removed the leather coat he commonly wore to cover his cybernetic arms and turned to show Adamo and Asno his back. Some human flesh remained either side of the Hyper alloy Spine that had kept gentle alive for the last 30 years and it was that flesh that bore the marks of the Hydra. "Look closely lad. Ive felt the agony of the Hydra more times than you can know. Ill tell you this your in for a rough time but if you are strong you will survive. Now prepare yourself" Ugly white scars criss crossed the flesh and ruffled skin was clear to both Asno and Adamo. Gentle pulled on his coat and picked up the hydra.

"Gentle i am sorry for defying you but you know my reasons and Ill stand by them. Ill take the punishement like a true corsair. If I die I have acheived the goal and my desires and I will die knowing that. if I live then I will become an honour to the OPG." Adamo's genuine honesty appealed to Gentle and the task before him seemed harder as the time approached.

Give him your belt to bite down on Asno and tie up his feet. Asno removed the thick belt he used to carry his blaster and folded it tripple. Asno moved arounf to the back and bound Adamos feet with plas rope. "Ok Gentle its done now what?" Asked the Overpirate. "hoist him up by his feet and stand back. Ill need you to count off the strokes. Is the medical team ready?" Asked The leader of the OPG. "Si Hermano they are ready. Will he lose much blood?", "Yes hes going to need a transfusion. Ive already provided several pints of my own blood."

"YOU HEAR ME ADAMO MY OWN BLOOD FOR YOURS!" Shouted Gentle. "Now prepare yourself this is going to hurt like seven kinds of hell. Asno.....count."

"ONE" the whip fell and rivers of blood appeared across the back of the upended Scourges Mate and a muffled cry came as Adamo bit down on the belt. The second and third blow fell and blood began to run down across the face of Adamo and began to pool on the floor.

Three minutes later with sweat heaving from the face of the Pirate King the unconcious body of Adamo was lowered into apool of blood and his feet were untied. His back, arms and chest looked like he had been through a harvesting machine and flesh hung in strips from the carcass on the floor.

"Get the medicals in here Asno... HURRY!" Hes not got long. If his heart is strong he will survive.

Gentle sank to the floor with tears mixed with sweat and blood covering his own body. As the medical team arrived Gentle left the room and stepped into the shower in his quarters. Removing the blood from his hands wouldnt remove it from his mind. The agaony he had caused on one of his trusted comrades would burn his soul along with the myriad other atrocities he had commited throughout the course of his life. None of them ever washed away with the blood. They remained like the scars on his back.

Gentle muttered a brief prayer of hope for Adamo to any gods who still took an interest in him..
Desert, who had been watching the scene unfold on the closed circuit security feed, zipped up his pants and headed out of the security station.
He couldn't suppress the tinge of jealousy he felt towards Adamo.