Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rageborne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planet Manhattan, Unspecified Location
April 1st, 825 AS, 2330 Hours Sirius Time

[Image: g-host-lee-03-fin.jpg]

"Subject 48116800. Step forward and prepare for transfer" announced the monotone voice. "Keep your hands where we can see them until we have them secured in your restraints. Any funny business this time, Rageborne, and I'll personally put you down."

"I'd like to see you try, ugly." said a man standing up slowly within a sealed room. The man, however, obeyed the prompts from the speaker overhead his cell.

"Try me Keller. I dare you." came the reply before the microphone clicked off. The man snarled slightly at the reply from the speaker. He'd been in here too damned long. Just last week he'd gotten the notification that his stay at this facility was at an end. He had a feeling he knew who it was from...he was certainly going to have a long discussion with him as to why it took so long for them to break him out of this hell.

Keller was indeed going to try something and that guard that talked smack was going to have a very bad day because of it.

"Subject 48116800. Stand clear of the door and remain still. Any sudden movement will result in your termination. Ascent your confirmation of these commands once you are in position." came the sound of the guard just outside his door. He assumed the position he had taken so many times in the past few months in the center of the room with his hands behind his head. He knelt down on both knees and spoke.

"I'm ready, are you?"

"We're more than ready, Rageborne." came the terse reply. From the sound of his voice, he was in powered armor. They weren't taking any chances. Keller's face flashed a look of annoyance shortly before the door swung open. Just as he suspected, there were two guards, both in powered armor, to take him to where ever they thought he was being transferred.

The two men hesitated upon seeing his prone form. Keller grinned at the guards like a predator looking at his prey.

"Well, boys? We gonna do this?"

The two men entered the cell and began the process of restricting his movements. First they placed a collar around his neck that extended over the top of his shoulders, preventing him from being able to move his head in any particular direction, as well as his arms. On the back of the collar, a large metal brace extended downwards over his spine and into a belt. The belt wrapped around the the front, where his arms were braced. This effectively restricted his movement in such a way that he was at the mercy of the guards.

Once the two guards were done securing his hands to the belt, they hauled him up to his feet and shoved him forward out of the cell to a third guard holding a scanner. He brought the scanner to the top of Keller's hand and a beep sounded. The guard looked to the scanner to confirm his name and status.

Subject Name: Jacob "Rageborne" Keller
Subject Number: 48116800
Danger Level: S
Subject Age: 34
Subject Hair: Black
Subject Eyes: Blue
Subject Build: Athletic
Subject Implants: Description Below
Subject Information: Jacob "Rageborne" Keller is an effective bounty hunter and assassin wanted in connection with several high level killings of top executives in different corporate companies and militaries. Subjects biology displays an unusual tendency to advance and even change implants that are installed into his body. Current implants listed in subject are growing at an exponential rate. Subject is highly dangerous and volatile, earning him the codename "Rageborne". Approach with extreme caution. Protocol Alpha Seven Nine Bravo is in effect when transporting subject from one location to another.

"Just another freak." the guard snorted dismissively. "Get him to the transport. It's waiting on the pad."

"Awww, you're not coming?" Jacob asked with a grin.

"Get moving, freak." said the guard behind him and gave him a shove in the direction of a door at the end of a long white hallway.

Keller obeyed and began walking towards the door at the end of the hallway. If there had been anyone in the adjoining cells, he'd never bothered to notice or care. All that mattered was getting out of this facility and back out in to Sirius to do his work. The first thing he intended on doing was finding who was responsible for locking him in this facility, and others like it, for months. He'd been setup during one of his bounties and captured by a strike team from Liberty. It wasn't long after that he came to be a guest of this mysterious corporation. These bastards were interrupting his livelihood, and that was something he took very seriously.

Keller had noticed the air of relaxation these guards were displaying. After all, the restraints they had put him in were specially designed for someone with his implants. Ordinarly, he wouldn't be able to move unless one of them unlocked his restraints. He was pretty sure the two men weren't suicidal. Armored suits or not, they were still only men.

The trio made it to the door as it opened and the three stood in a decompression room before the door to the landing pad opened. That was when all hell broke loose...well, for the guards at any rate.

A buzzing sound interrupted his train of thoughts and two things happened simultaneously. One, the linkage that went from the collar to his back unlocked and two, his arm locks unlocked from his waist. Keller didn't waste any time. With his right arm, he used the chain still on his wrist and wrapped it around the neck and right arm of the guard to his right just as he was reaching up to respond to a call coming through his ear piece. The man made a surprised "hurk" sound as Keller reached to his left and grabbed the other guards weapon still in the holster on his chest. The guard on his right was pulling backwards on the chain around his throat trying to dislodge it so he could move freely. It wasn't doing anything to the weak flesh around his throat due to the armor but it must have been a pretty annoying thing having an augmented individual hold you in place with it.

Using the force the guard on his right was exerting on the chain, Keller was able to rip the gun free from the other guards holster. That combined with his augmented strength, shredded the material the holster was made of. With that, he brought the pistol to bare directly into it's owners face and fired. It wouldn't would him due to the armor, but it certainly fried the neuroptics in his suits helmet and probably blinded him for a few moments while the armor attempted to compensate. The man screamed and stumbled backwards, nearly falling off the catwalk that rose so high above the city below.

At this point the other guard was frantically trying to dislodge the chain from his neck and arm to reach for his weapon in the holster. In his panic, he actually did fall off the catwalk, dragging Keller with him. As he was sliding, the other guard was able to recover and reached for his backup weapon. As he was pointing it at Keller, he let loose one more shot, hitting the guard square in the same spot as last time. Unlike the time before, however, the armor was weakened from the previous shot and the bullet entered the guards brain, sending him to whatever afterlife he believed in most. With his lightning reflexes, Keller turned the gun to the chain on his right arm and fired the last shot. Thankfully, the chain broke.

No time to waste.

Keller sprung to his feet and broke into a sprint towards the ship resting on the landing pad. Alarms sounded from the facility as other individuals in powered suits swarmed out of the doors. Keller made it to the ship just as the door opened and saw a familiar face. His old friend and confidant, James Killian.

You done playing grab ass with the guards?!" he yelled over the sound of the alarms and ship engines. He extended his arm as Keller grabbed it and hauled himself into the ship. The door slammed shut soon thereafter and the ship lifted into the sky.

"Well, without you there I had to have someone to play grab ass with. What the hell took you guys so long to find me?"

"They had you hidden well, Rage. Took us longer than we liked finding you. I've been riding them for months."

"Any indication of who it was?"

"Nada. We're not out of the woods yet though, we still have to escape Manhattan."

"Don't worry about that, Killian." Keller said while removing what pieces of his harness as he could. "I know a place."
Mactan Base, Magellan System
April 2st, 825 AS, 0243 Hours Sirius Time

"I hate Hacker bases." Killian mumbled under his breath as he maneuvered the ship into the docking lane.

"I don't care, we need to find Petrov." Rageborne responded eyeing a communicator.

"Oh, sorry, right, the guy who abandoned you. Right."

Rageborne looked up from his communicator to glare at Killian.

"He didn't abandon me, the guy literally vanished. He was probably laying low."

"What about the other guy?"

"What other guy?" Rageborne asked returning his attention to the communicator in his hands. "Schneider?" he scoffed and shook his head. "Probably dead somewhere, or drunk...or both. The man wasn't known for his sobriety."

The ship reached the front of the queue to enter the station and slowly docked. The ship came to a rest in one of the bays. Killian reached up and hit the switches that powered down the engines and APU as the deck workers around the ship plugged it into the ships power systems. The two exited the ship as the deck workers were replenishing the ammo stores and fuel. Rageborne looked around and took in the sights. It had been a long time since he visited Mactan...and nothing had changed at all. He looked to Killian who was approaching after speaking to the workers.

"Go find yourself a girl, Killian and relax a little bit. I'm going to see if any of my contacts are still around after all these months being locked up. Once I find Petrov then we can start figuring out who the hell has been after me."

"Or.." Killian said slowly looking at Rageborne. "We could forget about finding Petrov and use your contacts to find out who has been after you."

Rageborne looked up at Killian and glared at him for a good 15 seconds. Killian didn't flinch.

"I'm not one of your men in the Children of Conviction, Rage. You can't make me do something with a glare. Forget it, I'm going to find me that girl." he said throwing up his hands in exasperation.

The Children of Conviction. That name brought back memories. The old mercenary outfit that he lead with Petrov and Schneider that catered to pirates. Back when he still went by Keller. Even now, years later, he still held contacts and had some clout with members of the shady underbelly of Sirius leftover from those days. He would never actively admit it, but he missed those days running with Petrov and Schneider, running often obscene missions for the pirates that often times resulted in his near death on many occasions.

Even before his memories of Leo came flooding back and he nearly lost his damn mind. Even as he thought of those memories, he wasn't sure if they were actually his to begin with or some other poor soul that died at the end of the universe. Either way, he would carry on his ideals for him. If he was real or not.

He entered one of the three bars on the station and sat down. A waitress who looked like she might have been beautiful once shuffled over to his table asking if he wanted a drink. Rage held up his hand and asked for a classic. A Jack and Coke, double, neat. The girl shuffled away, eyes downcast as she placed the order with the bartender.

Rageborne saw everything going on in the bar, a sublime curse and advantage all at once. The implants took in all data his eyes saw and stored it for him. The drunkard who was passed out in one of the booths, his face against the window and a line of drool running down the glass. The bounty hunter, not of the guild, but an independent hunter sitting by himself in an obscure and dark part of the bar, eyeing all the patrons as they came in. No doubt looking for his mark. The Outcast, no doubt on a Cardamine run to New York, refilling his breather.

Even as he was looking at all the patrons in the bar a shadow passed in front of him and sat down opposite from him. Without looking over, Keller smiled to himself.

"Well hello there, Petrov."