Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Bretonia Mining and Fabrication | Subject: Request for Quote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
=== Incoming Transmission ===
== Encryption: Encryption keys expired. Updating... Good enough. ==

[Image: Harold-Kane.png]

To whomever this missive finds,

I am Taskmaster Harold Kane, one of the representatives of the nation-state of Natio Octavarium. In the interest of not wasting your time, I will be brief in description of our history and get to the point. We are the remains of what was, before the treaties were drawn up and signed between our government and those of Bretonia and Liberty, the Vagrant Raiders. For the past few years we have been in the Independent Worlds in various locations, hopping from rock to rock and void to void in hiding from the onslaught of Gallia against our people, and have most recently found ourselves with new benefactors in the form of the Crayter Republic. And while we are grateful for what they have offered us, we cannot source everything from them. We have a few needs, one of which we believe you can fulfill.

You see, our new home is deep in the Taus, where there are asteroids and Gauls both in numbers too thick to comprehend and for our severely outdated communications systems to cope with. And as you can tell by the appearance of this message, it's not particularly aesthetically pleasing. But we know you operate in thick minefields and have had to evade the Gauls -- and presumably they're not as daft with modern communications as they are with the common tongue, so you can probably defeat whatever nonsense the baguette brigade uses to mess with your transmission and reception.

In short, madams and/or sirs, we are interested in purchasing some communications equipment from you. Example equipment, software, blueprints, whatever you can legally get us so our comms work out in the middle of nowhere and won't look like they were sent on a comm box from...

...wait, does that copyright date say 784 A.S.?

Let us know what your thoughts are.

Best regards,
Taskmaster Harold Kane
Natio Octavarium, Fourth Fleet

=== Transmission Ended ===
== Trace Failed ==

Acknowledgement TTL exceeded. Boosting priororororororERRORERRORERRORity.

Re-sending transmission... Done, with warnings.

Warning: latency to transciever peaked beyond acceptable limits.

Warning: Software is out of date. Current software is version 792.04.16. Most recent software available is 792.04.16.[/i]

== Trace Failed ==
[Image: i8UfAwr.png]

Communication channel opened...
Encryption: High
Origin:Isle of Skye, New London
ID:Operations Manager
Subject:Request for Quote
To:Natio Octavarium, Fourth Fleet

Greetings Taskmaster Harold Kane,

My name is Scarlett Hastings and i'm Operations Manager at Bretonia Mining and Fabrication.

I don't have any knowledge of your organization, so i must ask you to what government your organization belong to.

I apologize for this inquiry but these are troubled times with the Galics right on our doorstep, even with you stating to have good relations with our allies the Crayterians, you must understand we cannot supply any kind of equipment until all checks out.

Best Regards,
Scarlett Hastings
Operations Manager

Good afternoon, Ms. Hastings.

I apologize for my... obscurity. The full details of our affiliation with the Republic have not yet formally been announced. Natio Octavarium is an autonomous member state of the Crayter Republic. Their allies are our allies. We are no friend to the Gallic royalists -- they have sieged us, driven us from our home, and forced us into hiding in recent memory, an act which will not soon be forgiven or forgotten.

If there is any kind of good faith deposit or service we can offer, please let me know.

Oh, and for what it's worth, a previous incarnation of the organization that served as my government and fleet's predecessor served alongside Bretonian interests against the Corsairs during the Battle of Freeport 1 eight years ago, an allegiance that we have never once regretted.

Best regards,
Taskmaster Harold Kane

== Trace Failed ==

Taskmaster Harold Kane,

Sorry for any delay, but we had to make diligencies to ensure your claims.

Having been satisfied with the results of said diligencies, our communications arrays in our mining vessels work fairly well in the most thick mining fields.

That said, we can upgrade your vessels communication arrays to the most advanced systems avaiable for civilian aircraft at the present time.

How many ships you want to upgrade?

Best Regards,
Scarlett Hastings
Operations Manager

Good day, Ms. Hastings.

We are looking to purchase two complete communications routing systems specimens. One to retrofit Aquila Defense Systems' mobile factory ship, ADSV Fort Resolute, and the other to install in our fleet's command vessel, OCS Repentance. Those two core nodes will serve as an effective enough central routing system for our communications network. If we desire to significantly expand our network, we will reach out with further orders.

Please let us know the costs would be so that we can arrange payment for and reception of the communications routers. Alternatively we can send a courier to Isle of Skye to retrieve and pay for the devices.

Best regards,
Taskmaster Harold Kane

== Trace Failed ==