Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New London Abbey | Bretonian Privateers Faction Info and Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

New London Abbey
[Image: hessmarch__620941.jpg]

"Glorious Day, isn't it chaps?

Fine for a hunt I'd say. Now, is there any man or woman here that considers themselves ready to hunt the most dangerous prey? I speak not of idle hunts on Cambridge, I speak of the deadliest of prey, Man!

For you see, my fellows, we have been blessed with a most prestigious and rightly opportunity. To not only strike a blow for our country, but to earn glory and prestige in the pursuit of our opponent's demise. Not only shall we have on our hands the opportunity to defy death, and have the stories of our exploits told and aggrandized across Sirius, but also to engage in the most thrilling sport known to Man!

Now, if you're the kind made of sterner stuff, and think you have what it takes to join this prestigious posse, look no further!"

The rather atrociously named 'The Lord, Council and Fellows of the Royal Society of New London for the Extermination and Eradication of the Gaulic Menace, as chartered by order of her Majesty Queen Carina, and fulfilled by the retinues of his grace, the Lord Mouser of New London Abbey' are a group organized under Queen Carina's Letter of Marque. The so-called Privateer's Pass allows anyone to take up arms in defense of Bretonia, and to legally engage in the pursuit and destruction of it's enemies. Not only does this lead to the most thrilling hunt one can find, but it offers chances at both glory -and- riches, in the pursuit of excellence.

Unlike many military, pirate or even rebel organizations which seek out combat out of a deep fear or a desire for power, the Abbey's members are in it purely for what they perceive as fun.They aren't in this fight to protect Bretonia. They are here because the ordinary offers no joy, and they seek out the extreme thrill that only killing one's fellow man can offer. Many of the Abbey's members possess trophies from successful hunts, such as teeth or bones, and so on.Others keep entire ships in private 'Galleries', though the Government would certainly frown on such measures. Many members also proudly sport scars as marks of their encounters.

New London Abbey has chapters around the sector particularly in Bretonia and Liberty.Recruits are often groomed by seasoned members to join, and must always pass an initiation called "Finding the White Stag" to become a full-fledged member. Quite simply, it forces a potential to lead a hunt; if the initiate survives, they are granted full rights and benefits befitting a club member. Such hunts have a roughly 50% mortality rate. The club does not engage in any background checks, or proofs of competence. All they care for is maintaining the prestige and reputation of their dubiously moral society.

For all their enthusiasm, the Abbey does not go about their activities with much in the way of actual knowledge of what they hunt, or even military proficiency.Young Politicians, Businessmen, Rakes, Rogues and other Noble Scum. There have been instances where entire an entire chapter or hunt has been obliterated thanks to leaping before looking, into a Gallic Battlegroup. What New London Abbey does have going for them is society; many members are wealthy, well-connected, or both, and can obtain almost anything a member might need to wage their 'war'.

There are three primary Cliques in the Abbey, each with its own "philosophy" on the hunts and activities they partake in.

Competitors treat the entire Abbey lifestyle as a giant game, endeavoring to be the first at everything, from taking the latest drug to blowing up the newest ships. They make up the largest majority of the group.

Members of the Pursuit take the Abbey's hunts and record them, often distributing the most fascinating parts of a hunt, or it's aftermath, to other Abbey members and to the Media, to spread their own fame or to glorify the acts they engage in. They make up the second highest percentage of members.

Libertines are hedonists even to other Abbey members, willing to break every taboo on Earth, things that no sane man or woman would try to do, while often adopting a heroic position in their own minds as creators of new moral paradigms. They tend toward arrogance, and see themselves as 'better' than others. They make up the smallest percentage of the society.

Diplomacy

Allied
Bretonia Armed Forces: The Good Old Tommies! There of course to steal our thunder, after we best the actual danger of course.

Bretonia Police Authority: Those lads are always there to rain on our parade. Well! I've news for you! Your authority means naught, in the areas in which we operate. Good luck out there, bobbies

Bretonian Corporations: I believe good Sir Charles is the inheritor to one of you. Don't worry, we've much bigger prey to hunt. You're safe in our care, even if the occasional contribution of funds is appreciated.

Friendly

Liberty: Ah, the Good old 'Yanks', as I've heard them called. Not our kinsmen but, far from our foes. A welcome sight most days, though they should certainly stay out of our business.

Neutral

Everyone: Well, I suppose we must stretch our legs eventually. Let's see what we might find.

Suspicious

House Intelligence Services: We don't like you poking about our business. Mind your matters and totter off already.

Hostile

Aliens and Infected: Well, we reckon these strange thingies represent just as much of an enemy as the Gauls.

Gauls: Ah, our much prized and preferred foe. We'll have you soon

Ranks of the New London Abbey

The Lord Mouser and Prince of the Borderworlds (Bretonian Only): The Affectionately titled (or some might argue insultingly) leader of New London Abbey. What you might call the 'President' of this little hunting club. Self-Proclaimed Prince and ruler of the Borderworlds, with little to no authority, territory or backing of any sort.

Grand Duke of the Borderworlds (Bretonian Only): Another Self-Granted title, thought up by those self-important jacks at the New London Abbey. Also the first in line to inherit, should the Lord Mouser perish.

Lord of the Borderworlds (Bretonian Only): A Self-Grantled title, considered a middle tier position of leadership among New London Abbey.

Baron of the Borderworlds (Bretonian Only): A Lower-Middle tier position of leadership among New London Abbey.

Anointed Knight/Dame of the Borderworlds: A Junior position of leadership among the New London Abbey, and the higher rank a non-Bretonian might achieve in their ranks. Permitted to fly a Gunboat.

Knight/Dame: A rank within New London Abbey, the un-anointed Dame/Knight do not get the de-jure address of 'of the Borderworlds' to display as their territory.

Gentleman/Lady: A lower rank within New London Abbey, given to those who have shown proficiency, etiquette, and understanding of proper bearing in Royal Society (The starting rank for Bretonians)

Yeoman: One of the lowest ranks in New London Abbey, those considered hangers on and retinue to more senior members.

Villein: The Lowest rank of the New London Abbey Society. (The starting rank for Libertonians)

Additional Notes/Rules/Clarifications

To Be Added, as needed.

Collected Role Play

None, Yet

tl;dr Bunch of Spoiled, Rich 20-somethings from Bretonia and Liberty, shooting at Gauls 'Cuz it's Fun'. A self-proclaimed 'Royal Hunting Society', using/somewhat abusing the Letter of Marque to proclaim dominion over the Taus.

Goals:

1. Providing a Quasi-Lawful (Leaning to Evil) Faction for Bretonia. Can't all be good guys, right!

2. Providing a place for the countless 20-something inheritors of wealth and power no doubt sitting in Bretonia and Liberty.

3. Using the cool but rarely seen Privateers ID.

4. Seeing if anyone is interested in being Privateers.

5. Giving the Gauls and factions of the Borderworlds something that isn't navy to shoot at.

6. ????

7. Profit
Niiice, a Privateer faction! Good luck to you, chaps!

Too many "ah"-s, though. As if that bloke suffers from some chronic pain. Or he's Archimedes and constantly discovers something in a bathtub.
I had to go through and re-read how often I wrote 'Ah'.

You're right, that is rather silly. I'll probably fine-comb the post a bit more over the next few hours, and as people ask questions and such about the faction, to clarify the lore and intent further.
Good luck! Smile
Much Appreciated!
I kind of like the idea to be honest! Last time I have seen the privateers around actively was somewhere at the end of the Bretonia-Kusari war. Could also be a nice chance for me to get back into Bretonia RP.
Well, you're welcome to join!

I'm working on the recruitment post now.
Looks good. We lack for some Privateers

So good luck with it!.
Privateers Faction? Knew about the ID´s existance but have never seen one using it. Good Luck to you.
Pages: 1 2