Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Nodoka Hanamura | From: Maren von Westefeld
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 04_by_rhulaner-da2sxcj.gif]

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING SECURED VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: [Image: 7dBj2Gm.gifMaren%20v.%20Westefeld]
Location: [Image: H14TsTq.gifCV-Hoffnungsschimmer,%20Omega-49]
Subject: [Image: UHCCc8M.gif]
ENCRYPTION: [Image: SnkmNXM.gif]

Hello Miss Hanamura.

You probably don't know me, but I am the significant other of one of the people who defended the Zoner base Fort Carthage. My name is Maren. I was hoping you could help me find a man named Ezrael Vertiga and his ship, the Apahanta, who have gone missing roughly two weeks ago. From what I know, the Apahanta was last seen after a Cultist raid on the Omicron Delta system. I understand that you are probably busy, but if you have anything that you can tell me about the last time or times where the Cultist carrier VS-0074 or other Cultist ships was sighted in Delta, I'd be really grateful.

Thank you.

[Image: avatar_35766.png?dateline=1518463400]
Origin: WEST AVELMORE CLOUD, INVERNESS SYSTEM, AUXESIAN SPACE| LOCATION NN-GUID HASH OK
Sender: NODOKA HANAMURA | SENDER NN-GUID HASH OK
Recipients: VON WESTEFELD, MAREN| RECIPIENTS SORTED, NNGUID HASH OK!
Encryption: AGERA BASE-2048 PSK ENCRYPTION| ENCRYPTED!
Priority: HIGH
Format: Text
Subject: Ezrael

Ms. Maren von Westefeld:

The last time I had contact with Ezrael was when my ship, the CS Abdicant Seraphine was moving back to Delta to try and get there in time to reinforce the defense of Freeport 11, Unfortunately, I didn't make it in time. Prior to that, we provided support using CS Rathgrith II in Omega-3 against VS-0074. I'll ask around and see if any of my colleagues were there and saw what happened. As far as I'm aware, Ezrael has gone dark, as his Neural Net status shows him out of range of any Neural Net RAIS Relay or Dead. I'm hoping it's the former, but other than that, I can't help any further. If you, by some coincidence, have the blackbox information from the engagement, I can look at the names and see if I recognize any of them.

If not, then, I'm sorry I couldn't help any further, Maren. Here's hoping for us both that Ezrael is still alive.

Nodoka Hanamura
Commander, CS Abdicant Seraphine

ATTACHMENTS:
NONE

COMMS TERMINATED

Th-thank you, Miss Hanamura. I was thinking back and forth whether I should ask in the first place, as I didn't really want to bother anyone. I, uhm, sadly don't have blackbox recordings of any incidents. I only know the name of one of the Cultist ships that could've been there, as it has appeared in some places around Sirius, which would be VS-0074.

*She sighs, looking defeated.*

If you could ask around your colleagues, I'd be really grateful. I'd pay you, too, but I don't really have anything of value. For what it's worth, I would be in your debt.

I- Good bye, ma'am.

Origin: WEST AVELMORE CLOUD, INVERNESS SYSTEM, AUXESIAN SPACE| LOCATION NN-GUID HASH OK

Ms. Maren von Westefeld:

I'll be deploying Seraphine to the border of the Sigma systems as to start a search into the Omicrons for the Apahanta. I'll also contact my colleagues back at Freeport 11 and in the Omicrons for any information. I can't make promises, but if we find him, you'll be one of the first to know.

Take care of yourself, Miss Von Westefeld. I'll report back if we find anything.

Nodoka Hanamura

ATTACHMENTS:
NONE

COMMS TERMINATED

[Image: NN1h6WP.png?1]
Origin: CS ABDICANT SERAPHINE, SIGMA-19 SYSTEM, GMG SPACE| LOCATION NN-GUID HASH OK
Sender: MIEKO IEKAHARA A.K.A. HONYA | SENDER NN-GUID HASH OK
Recipients: VON WESTEFELD, MAREN| RECIPIENT NNGUID OK
Encryption: AGERA 2048-BIT PSK ENCRYPTION | HANDSHAKE COMPLETE - CONNECTION SECURE
Format: Audio
Subject: Apahanta

Westefeld-dono,

I have been notified by Hanamura-sensei to contact you pertaining to the Apahanta. We're currently in Sigma-19 and, due to lack of actual personnel due to a recent large shift in the amount of personnel on station, having to send out drones and most of the crew, Hanamura-sensei included, to tend to the situation. Right now we're trying to look around the central Omicrons for him and his ship, but so far we're having difficulty finding him. We have not gotten a single mayday response from the Apahanta or any other ship matching its' signature, but we're continuing our search.

We're trying our best to find him, but it may take some time to do so.

Sincerely,

Mieko Iekahara
CIC/Navigation Commander, CS Abdicant Seraphine

ATTACHMENTS:

COMMS TERMINATED

Thank you for the message. To be honest, I thought you had already stopped looking. I realize that this is probably like the needle in the hay stack and I can't really expect people to search, especially if I got nothing to offer in return. If there is something I can do to help, do tell.

Again, thank you. Greet Miss Hanamura from me if you see her.

[Image: NN1h6WP.png?1]
Origin: CS ABDICANT SERAPHINE, SIGMA-19 SYSTEM, GMG SPACE| LOCATION NN-GUID HASH OK
Sender: MIEKO IEKAHARA A.K.A. HONYA | SENDER NN-GUID HASH OK
Recipients: VON WESTEFELD, MAREN| RECIPIENT NNGUID OK
Encryption: AGERA 2048-BIT PSK ENCRYPTION | HANDSHAKE COMPLETE - CONNECTION SECURE
Format: Audio
Subject: Apahanta

Westefeld-dono,

I come bearing.. less than good news. Our search of all major and most minor anomalies, charted and uncharted anomalies within this part of the Sirius sector, have resulted in no returns for the Apahanta.

Furthermore, the rest of the crew are growing somewhat tired of the search, and have pressed me and Hanamura-sensei to call it off. We have decided to leave a comms-buoy in Sigma-19 at a distance where it will not be tampered with by the GMG or any other unfavorable parties.

I'm sorry we couldn't find him, Westefeld-dono. We've tried every option we have and this comms buoy is the last one. It will transmit on the FTL-Ku Band for 10 days sending 1 transmission a day. The range is.. not entirely sufficient, but with it being connected to the neural net, we will get a response from Apahanta as soon as the buoy recieves it, for as long as the buoy has power.

We'll be heading back to our original location now. I apologize for this, but there is simply nothing more we can do. If you need emotional support or any kind of help in the future - please, do not hesitate to contact me or Hanamura-sensei.

Sincerely,

Mieko Iekahara
CIC/Navigation Commander, CS Abdicant Seraphine

ATTACHMENTS:

COMMS TERMINATED

I am honestly really humbled that you haven't given up earlier. I don't mean to sound ungrateful — I am — but it has been so long since his disappearance that I couldn't continue searching myself two weeks ago. You know, there are statistics out there that, when someone gets abducted, there is a window of about three days, after which the chances of the abducted person still being alive rapidly dwindles? I guess the same is kind of true here. It has been more than two months now and nobody could even find a clue. *There is a dry chuckle.* A friend even went so far as to ask around junk peddlers if they're selling Mako parts, or whether there are any slavers who've just gotten a batch of young, healthy people. Nothing.

I- I guess I shouldn't be talking like this. I always end up sounding as though I don't care, even though I do. I just find it really difficult to articulate these things.

*There is a pause in which she seems to be collecting her thoughts before continuing.*

I don't really know what to say now, to be honest. Thank you for... caring. I think I will be alright, though. I have friends who I can rely on. I would like to offer you something for your kindness and, uh, if you want to I could invite you two for a dinner at some point, maybe? I dunno, it sounds dumb but it is sort of the only thing I can really pay for, but I understand it if you're too busy for something silly like that.

Ms. Maren von Westefeld:

No offer is necessary. A nice dinner would be appreciated, yes - but the fact that we at least made an attempt and tried to do some good was good enough. Irregardless, I would like to meet you sometime, but right now is not suitable, as we're currently trying to sort things out.

If we hear from Ezrael via the buoy, We'll let you know, Maren.

If not.. Well, we're sorry for your loss.

Nodoka Hanamura

ATTACHMENTS:
NONE

COMMS TERMINATED

Ms. Maren von Westefeld:

I come bearing good news.

The Apahanta has returned to Sirius, as declared by Ezrael's XO, Sherry Aguilar. I do not know if they've gotten in touch with you or not, but I hope they do soon if they have not already.

Nodoka Hanamura

ATTACHMENTS:
NONE

COMMS TERMINATED
Pages: 1 2