Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Notice: Zoner Militant ID, Zoner ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Question, is this actually working? There was hype for it when it was announced, for better or worse, but now it seems like it's died off.
(05-13-2018, 02:21 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]They got forced off their homes and are now mad at the pirates.

Interestingly the Freeport's infocard states otherwise. Let me quote it for you:

Freeport 2 Wrote:Abandoned by their former trade partners and facing an ever climbing pirate presence, the Zoners of Freeport 2 began to leave their former home little by little. Over the course of two years the population of the Freeport has gradually shifted until only a handful of its original inhabitants remain.

Also, can we rename this "Zoner Militia" to Tarrafal Militia or something? You know, so that folks unrelated to Zoners and the Zoner Way aren't associated with Zoners needlessly and incorrectly.
I know what that infocard states. Now take a look at what Tarrafal's infocard states since today.
(05-13-2018, 02:35 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I know what that infocard states. Now take a look at what Tarrafal's infocard states since today.

I tried to check it in-game, but the infocard is empty. It might be a bug waiting to be fixed, or perhaps it is intentional, but I'd say you should report it's lack to find out the actual answer.

Even then, the Freeport infocard suggests not everyone leaving, just a majority. Then your version of the Tarrafal's infocard states a fraction of that majority were the only ones deciding to purchase the carrier and try taking the Freeport back. At this point it seems this conflict is not only not involving the entirety of the Zoner community, it is even far from including the entirety of the original populace of Freeport 2. Given how much this conflict is just about a handful of people trying to retake their previous home (after voluntarily leaving it), can we now rename "Zoner Militia" to "Tarrafal Militia"?
Thanks for the replies!
So far I find the explanation from Croft the most convincing and I will take it for role-playing the attitude of the Seraphim (a zoner group).

Some pending questions are:
- who are those people trying to take control of Freeport 2?
- if they are not zoners, will they become zoners if they succeed to conquer the station?
- what is the zoner community position regarding the current situation in Freeport 2?

I'll go in-game to try to answer these questions!
I believe most of this confusion is the result of two different storylines colliding, originally the Tarrafal was a "stealth" base meant to monitor the pirates and, depending on how Freeport 2 was handled by the various factions, react accordingly.
The sudden turn to a strike force is a bit rough for two main reasons; the situation in Bering hasn't improved and the Rogue's destroyer, Drunken Codger, is actively trying to assert control over said pirates and remaining zoners which puts them into direct conflict with the Tarrafal.

A fairly unfavourable position for a lone carrier.
(05-13-2018, 02:21 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]They got forced off their homes and are now mad at the pirates. People do stupid things when they are bored or angry, the Zoner Militia is a perfect example in this case.

Remember this only exists because the Unioners asked for it.

(05-13-2018, 02:31 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2018, 02:21 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]They got forced off their homes and are now mad at the pirates.

Interestingly the Freeport's infocard states otherwise. Let me quote it for you:

Freeport 2 Wrote:Abandoned by their former trade partners and facing an ever climbing pirate presence, the Zoners of Freeport 2 began to leave their former home little by little. Over the course of two years the population of the Freeport has gradually shifted until only a handful of its original inhabitants remain.

Also, can we rename this "Zoner Militia" to Tarrafal Militia or something? You know, so that folks unrelated to Zoners and the Zoner Way aren't associated with Zoners needlessly and incorrectly.

FYI the Zoner Militia is (attempting) to be organized independly from the devs or BG Tarrafal. This was my attempt to build a platform for organizing those who wanted to play the ID. If it was only for pews, I figured it better to see some group organization for that, rather than the typical ganking of the odd Zoner Militant ID user. If within a week or two there is enough interest, it can go somewhere...if not its a waste of time. If enough players show up, lets organize some battles. If that doesnt matter, I'm happy to continue on myself to RP as a negotiating force, if a peaceful resolution was in any way considered.

(05-13-2018, 02:25 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Question, is this actually working? There was hype for it when it was announced, for better or worse, but now it seems like it's died off.

Doesnt look good so far. But the irony is it seems this whole idea should have been put to a vote. If no one wants this it should all just be wrapped up in Bering quickly. The sad thing to me is, its like people actually see it as wrong or something. i guess I never saw this as being unrealistic, Zoners are non intrusive, but not pacifists. This situation is supposed to be on the edge of what some of them would do. Its a good spark for pews, for roleplay, but players are literally afraid of playing this ID it seems, like its evil.

And I also think its sad that there is supposed(?) to be no exterior zoner support?

If the Unioners/Separatists wanted undisputed control, they never needed this fight to do so, it was already theirs, and seems that the player base doesnt really care if the base goes back to Zoner. Thats fine, at best I'll still try to find others willing to join for organized pews and get something out of the ID. ZM personally doenst care if the FP goes back to Zoner. Their story is of being a local almost vigilante group willing to help Tarrafal's group, should they try using force.

more RP will follow soon but essentially ZM is holding back to see how things go. if no inrp support comes, and no one cares, they'll either dispurse or move on with a reg Zoner ID.

I still like the idea of this causing a new Zoner faction, call them militants if you will, but even under the regular Zoner ID they can still organize to defend Zoner bases etc, like that ever happens!

Also let me state, the Zoner Militia is *drumroll* just me so far! There are no Zoner terrorist hordes lurking out there. Its totally fresh and unpopulated so if anyone else did want to jump in, there is no one in charge, so those who want in will be its leaders and have a stake in what becomes of it. If there is no inrp or oorp support for it though, I cant see this story going anywhere with or without ZM.
(05-13-2018, 06:33 PM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: [ -> ]Remember this only exists because the Unioners asked for it.

To be fair, it was a faction perk used by the formal leader, not all Unioners agreed to it.
We should start working on geting something good out of the situation
For those who were wondering: Given the nature of this entire situation, we decided to idle for now.

This account was made to ensure a certain inRP lead about this, hoping people would prefer to make some sense of this situation instead of your casual ZonerZonerZoner/22TurretsofNeutrality memes. Instead, we had to face pages of drama from people who either have never read anything about what Zoners actually are, pages filled with memes, many posts of people who discuss for the sake of discussing and pointing fingers at devs and everyone who was just not agreeing with subjective, half-informed opinions. Not that this is something new here.

Admittedly, there are unclear points. Why do "Zoners" try to reclaim Freeport 2, an old, billion credits-heavy investment maintained by Zoners over many, many years. Why would Zoners, who love inRP love their reputation as "neutral" people, put effort into destroying this neutrality for the sake of a station they don't really need. A station the active Zoner officials only cared about on paper. Who was going to play the Zoner Militia when the Zoner playerbase was playing Zoners exactly because the Zoner gameplay and philosophy is living in neutrality and with less PvP than any other faction? And why can other official factions request things about factions they are not related with, without talking?

If we can look past those points, we see an opportunity given. ZM ID would allow people to use the Zoner assets up to cruisers to use them in combat, actively. The Fearless is a lovely cruiser, we can all agree on that. Even if we ignore the fact that ZM would fight factions with Battleships in Bering, it might have ended up with fun if the expectations are set as low as possible. Harmony is organized. Unioners are, at least when it comes to logging many ships quickly, also organized. So far, ZM is not. LN isn't either. RM has yet to be seen in Bering. Points worthy bringing up on the table when you consider creating a CAU8 ship for the Zoner Militia. Looking past all this, it could have been a nice opportunity.

However, looking at the posts made here, the chaos created by the devs, the lack of communication with the actual zoner playerbase and their opinion on it, looking at how ZM| started bigmouthing inRP just one day after we created this account here, leading the enemy directly to a "hidden" carrier, we don't really want to invest our time both making sense of all this inRP AND making up for things that weren't planned by us. Planned was starting diplomatic talks with the Unioners, with the Separatists and the Freeport 2 inhabitants BEFORE the actual combat would be started. Call us crybabies, but we are not interested in doing the patchwork RPs.

So have it your way. Continue with the memes, the endless arguments of people you never see showing up at any place involved, point fingers at everyone, rip each other apart textual, yell for 50k marines. Enjoy the quotation wars. We all know what happens now, as usual.
Quote:Also let me state, the Zoner Militia is *drumroll* just me so far! There are no Zoner terrorist hordes lurking out there. Its totally fresh and unpopulated so if anyone else did want to jump in, there is no one in charge, so those who want in will be its leaders and have a stake in what becomes of it. If there is no inrp or oorp support for it though, I cant see this story going anywhere with or without ZM.

I've actually seen quite a few Zoner Militant ships in Bering. So far they instantly go straight to "You're in our system! You have to die!" This new ID is basically a Terrorist ID with a very small ZOI. I'm curious as to what happens when ZM starts attacking Liberty Navy vessels or Liberty Civilians... they then become nothing more than another pirate/unlawful faction of which there are PLENTY in Liberty.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11