Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What Happens on Purview Stays There
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Begin Dossier Entry - Purview Shipyard

[STATION IMAGING : UNAVAILABLE]
Station Name:Purview Shipyard
Visual Imaging:[UNAVALIBLE]
Class:Nebula
Crew:[CLASSIFIED]
Shielding:Multi-Spectral Camouflage
Size:[CLASSIFIED]
Countermeasures:Multi-Probe Sensor Net
Armament:[UNKNOWN]
Role(s):Engineering Facility and Shipyard
Affiliation:HTD: Order of Orion
Information Access:[RESTRICTED]
Hanger Access:[RESTRICTED]

Purview Shipyard is a Station known to exist as nothing but a ghost name and even fewer know of its Possible Location, The Station was organised and Run by Katherine Horizon but is managed by Eonus Horizon and the Facility's Resident AI Unit V.I.G.I.L with various Defensive Modifications made to ensure its Existence is well Contained and even more unknown, using base tech Originally designed for Sirian Craft the Station along with its Multi-probe Sensor's were all fitted with Multi-Spectral Camouflaging equipment, the probe's them selves already being as small as a human, were scattered around the station in a similar pattern to that of a spider web and cover a 12k range, any form of interference with in the generated Sensor Fields normal parameters triggers a silent alert to the Shipyard, the Stations Location also provides the Station its self and the Deployed Sensor Net Probes Natural Visual Cover and Camouflage from various Sensory Equipment, the Multi-Spectral Camouflage is the Final nail in the Coffin which renders the Station Invisible to both Sensor and Visual Sight that is until someone finds them self a few hundred meters from the end of one of an Antenna relay due to not paying attention and being forced to Fly Blind at the same time while the transmitting of data is Intercepted and Corrupted, Onboard AI systems may report a possible system intrusion as Recording systems and Blackbox Recording units have their Data Hacked into by the stations AI Defensive System.

[ > ] Checking Authorisation Access : PROCESSING [Image: tD55V8Q.gif]
[ > ] Performing Personal Scan : PROCESSING [Image: tD55V8Q.gif]
[ > ] Scan Complete :Condition : Cleared.
[ > ] Checking Authorisation Access :Restricted To Orion Staff.
[ > ] Checking Personal Records : PROCESSING [Image: tD55V8Q.gif]
[ > ] Clearance Status : Granted to Orion Personal
[ > ] Processing Recorded Station Data Logs : PROCESSING [Image: tD55V8Q.gif]
[ > ] Displaying Data Logs : PROCESSING [Image: tD55V8Q.gif]
[Image: avatar_18832.png?dateline=1507907551]

Personal ID :::: Katherine (Katt) T, Horizon

The Doors of Hanger 02 slide close with a hiss as the Hall of the hanger its self rumbles to life with the sound of an engine before coming to a silent stop as one of its more known occupants pull her Ship to a Stop as the magnetic Clamps move in and brace them selves around the ship, latching it in place with light thunk and pull it into the holding bay, side doors of the hanger slide open and work crews come out of passage ways to inspect the Ship from the Catwalks, the ships pilot taking a moment before popping the hatch and exiting the craft to the cold hard floor of the Hanger.

a glance here and there with deep sigh as one of the reception staff comes to greet her, all ways something to be done and something waiting to be done, as is the flow onboard a station undergoing expansive construction, "Here's the Progress report as you ask." the staff member says while pushing a PDA into Katherine's hands before she can even take more then a couple steps away from her ship with little time to even relax she begins to scroll through the Collected data,
"Progress 50%, Warehouse capacity at 75%, Stocks... look fine, import came in a couple hours huh? good, those parts were needed... crew... you sent the entire Kitchen and lounge staff on temporary relief?", "yes mam, they were not doing anything since those area's had been completed so a formal request to procure Recipes and Ingredients was made.", "... That's new, surprised they didn't contact Tordai for that one... anyhow it seems to be going as according to schedule... dismissed.", "Understood, i'll be returning to my office." receptionist responds with their brief conversation being over and takes back the PDA before walking off and leaving Katherine to her own thoughts once again, "Coms message is out, new contract in, Ship Repairs needing to be done, Keys to the Masala still need to be Handed out, Work Inventory manifest needs review... and most importantly Mr.Sandman has decided to come calling... still Cant catch a break despite having people for this, suppose i'll give Tordai a call after a few hours or so... she comments to her self with in her mind with a sigh and makes her way out of the hanger.

as Time passes the sound of shuffling crates, heavy list machinery and Foot steps on metal quietens down save for the voices of a few, the air passing through vents and the Crackle and Buzz of strong electrical Currents as red hot sparks scatter in all directions Fleeing from the flashing of light generated from the end of an Arc Welder searing its touch upon the metal plates its come to kiss and conjoin, its familiar sound faintly echos through out the near lifeless Hanger, drowning out any other sounds that's close enough and quiet enough to prove no contest in this fight over being louder.

An Arc Welder in her Left Hand, a set of Welding Pliers in her right hand and a set of Magnetic Clamps holding the melding plates together and in place as Katherine sets about repairing Scorch marks seared into the External Plates across the Right Wing of her Osprey, a few seconds more and the Tool in use comes to a stop, its life spark snuffed out in a second of its trigger being released from grasp of the hand holding it, with a sigh of relief the Welder is set aside and raised mobile platform begins to lower down to the ground with a whirl of life and mechanical hum, an arm raising up to wipe the sweat from her face with handkerchief and a PDA picked up with the other, "Hanger Control, send a Note to Engineering and the Warehouse Staff, Inform them that were out of Helium in H2 and could use a Restock, also notify them that i'll be Importing another shipment for warehouse Storage... Might as well send another Message on Local Staff Comm's i'll be offering 6.5 a unit to who ever's first to deliver from Penn." "It'l at least give the transport network something to do..." Katherine silently comments to her self after sending the Message request.

"What to do in the mean time? ... suppose i might go check in with Communications, it might be good see if they've gotten things setup there, it certainly would make organising and keeping track of everything else much easier if day to day operations could be run and monitored from here... coarse it would be oh so much easier if people didn't have a habit of just pulling disappearing acts." she contemplates with a disgruntled look upon her face as she walks across the Floor of Hanger 02 and over to the Doors to her Workshop.

Hanger 01, other wise known as 'The Workshop' is a sealed off Ship hanger that was converted into a multi-room Equipment Facility, it was originally designed to hold up to four Small Craft and four more on the upper floor, eight in total how ever with its conversion, 80% of the hanger was transformed but equipment and tools could easily be moved out to other hangers if required, with half of its floor plan used for several of these specially designed rooms for the equipment and tools they house the remaining open space of the converted hanger is used for moving cargo or holding a small Craft requiring that extra modification, although deemed as a small and makeshift facility it has everything a certain Engineer wants...
until that want becomes a bigger facility... with even more endless possibility's...

<Katherine, you have a new Visitor outside, your Brother... Shall I send Him In?>
"eh?... Eo? uhh... yeah, what ever, send him in Vigil."
<very well.>
"The heck does he want now...?"

the Door's slide open with a hiss as the colder temperature of the Hanger rushes in through the door of the sealed room as it opens, only to be met with the escaping hot air that was contained with in the room and a man dressed in white quickly rushes in before trying to close the door behind him, "god... its hot in here, much warmer then the rest of the place." he comments as he walks through the center of the room towards Katherine, a silver briefcase in hand, "So... for what reason is it that brings you here, Eonus? surely Its not some Simple matter of visiting because you felt like It?", "your in a particularly fine mood as always... guess no one's given you you're Coffee yet", "Iced Coffee..." the briefcase makes a light clunk as its placed on the surface of a near by cabinet and laid down on its side, "Hot, Cold... what ever... Im here because... your two weeks late, you didn't bother calling, sending me a message, nothing." he replys with a grin as the latch's holding the case shut are popped open but its lid unmoved yet, "late? late for what...?" "You're oh so Horrible Medical Check", "What? oh crap... uhh yeah, I... Don't need it, Perfectly fine... and I have a Business to attend to..." Katherine responds while hesitantly backing away, "Oh that? yes I know but the check up still needs to be done anyway... and unfortunately for you... im the only one around who got the actual training and tools for your special case... so you can ether take a seat and we get this over and done with or I resort to inciting your fear of needles and you wake up feeling like absolute crap... Pick your posion.", with a groan Katherine reluctantly grabbed her chair that had been pushed to the corner of the room and out of the way and proceeded to sit down on it by the surface top that housed the case her brother Eonus had brought with him.

"you would hate needles too if you were constantly jabbed and prodded with them for two straight years while being experimented on... Concsious or not..." she voiced in annoyance as Eonus removed an injector type device from the case and funneled a liquid from a bottle into its chamber, "lucky for you... this one wont hurt and its just a quick check... only need the one Eye." he retorts while bringing the end of the injector to the right side of her neck, with a short lived hiss it was all over and done with... at least the first part, "there see... done, so stop being such a baby about the damn needle and open your eyes... well Eye... its a bit hard for me to do My Job if you have them closed... Like you, im not too fond of being the only one who knows how to do this right...", he replys while scratching at the side of his head, his other hand reaching into the case to remove a tool that looks rather much like a laser pointer with a pair of pincers sticking out of the other end, "you can manage with one eye right? It might be a while depending on how good or bad your condition Is...", "...I can... I just... Dont like having to wear eye patch's and what not..." Katherine respons as her brother, Eonus holds the device before her left eye, at the flick of a switch in the handle Its focusing lense lights up and casts a soft red beam onto the Eye before It for a few seconds before small mechanical Chinks and clicks start to chatter away like the inner workings of a complex machine unlocking some kind of joint as the true nature and secret of Katherines Left Eye by apperance reveals itself to be no more then a Synthetic disguise to the Cybernetic Eye held with, with a twist of the Devices handle it Pincers reach forward, grasping a small gap in ether corner of the False eye and lock into place and slowly begin to Draw the Eye from its chamber with a Click, once far enough to slide two fingers behind Eonus unhinges the Cybernetic Eye from its tiny rails and diconnects the small cords attached to it.

"Well that was easy enough... any Discomfort?", "YEAH! the Fact im left with a hold in my head for the next 12 hours!", She Growls in responce "Hey Easy now, dont bite my head off just yes, geeze... I still gotta Replace the Gel in the Socket yet." Eonus comments as he Wipes the Cybernetic Eye clean with a Special cloth before placing it into a special protective container in his Case, "Just... get it over with and gimmi back my eye as soon as possible...", "I'll try but I cant make any promises, It really does come down to how long the Scanns and Data download take, you know just as much as i do that if there was another way around this it would have been done but sadly... were not back on home turf where thats possible..." he speaks while putting everything back into the case and hands a bandage over to Katherine, "... I know you hate going though this process and all... just like how i know you hate me repeating my self but with out it, your would not have survived those injurys... not to mention with out your Medical Augmentation now it all would literally be the death of you and i would hate seeing your talents goto waste because of that." he speaks in a depressed tone with a heavy sigh and stands there for a moment before grabbing the case and slowly walking to the door, "Hey... Eonus... becarefull with that you hear... You're on purview not the Order of Orion... I Aint got No Spare's here..." Katherine warns as Eonus waves a hand back and leaves his Sister to get back to her Preparation Work.

"Foundry... Its Katherine."
<... ... ... Katt?, Its Adam, Whats up?.>
"Im Looking for an Update on a work order i sent a few days ago."
<... Ah, yep, I know the one...>

Location :::: --Purview Shipyard - Hanger 01 - Personal Workshop

[ > Log Update 051 into field Research of Prototype 00x1-5A. < ]

[ > Results so far have been Inconclusive, will proceed with Test Alpha-9B2 with equalisation of systems power nodes, assuming containment continues hold up against the vast surge of energy generated though out the process i will at least be able to proceed with the Status projectors and containment shielding for the modular system. < ]

[ > Despite 00x1-5A's current success in not rendering a Spatial Tear of some caliber or splitting the my work lab in half, the modular prototype is still a fraction of the intended size, will continue to improve its design as I increase the prototypes scale, will continue to monitor system stress... < ]

[ > Personal Note, This is giving me a headache, Calibration's to Personal EMF Deflector might be required. < ]

[ > End log Recording. < ]

"Good lord... these Log recordings are boring to do..." She complains while pushing her self away from the desk edge, her chair rolling across the tiled floor with its wheels making a chattering for each grove between the tiles they cross, rolling from one side of the room to the other her chair comes to a stop as the back bumps into another desk where Katherine proceeds to swivel around to face it, her arms reaching out to grasp its edge and fix the distance between the desk and her chair before slouching over the empty surface and resting her head upon her arms atop of it.

"hey Vigil, set systems to quiet mode and a Do not Disturb note to the door... except if its Tordai or a delivery Im waiting on everyone else can bugger off for a moment while I take a short power nap."
<Understood, Setting local Systems to Silent mode, then proceed to notify staff of your 'Do not Disturb request... I shall Proceed to wait outside until further instructions become valid.>

The Unit referred to as "Vigil" reply's, then proceeds to Leave the room with heavy metallic footsteps as screens in the room seem to turn them selves off and the lights dull to a faint glow, just enough to illuminate the room to conditions where one can see but also keeping things cast in darkness.