Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A plan to walk into The Gardens of Tomioka.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Homura arrived to Kyoto preemptively; past quarrels have been put aside for the sake of further advantage of Blood Dragons as the united movement but not that separate Clans with their competition and attempts to curry favor with the Shogun, that looked honestly pathetic, behind those quarrels they deemed to forget for what they should really stand, and where do their ambitions belong.

Hopefully, they will be smart enough to combine their efforts... I will convince Shogun to force them, if this will be necessary.

Akemi mumbled quietly, starting to catch the sights of the locals on her - she did not frequent Kyoto, spending most of the time aboard of Kirishima or Sendai, and she might be looking as stranger for them. That, however, was the least of her concerns, much more she was concerned about it would be a dishonour to appear before Shogun's eyes in her general flight suit. Which is why Homura arrived slightly before the meeting and stopped by her local apartment. Those was not used frequently, but whenever they were used - they included pretty much everything necessary for almost all cases: from kimono to a handgun.

This time, only kimono was somewhat of use. Supposed to be traditional, whose designs experienced little to no changes since the Sol. One of those in Homura's possession was a sky blue with the pattern of sakura branches, acocmpanied with black geta adorned with white flowers. As for the hair - those were made up into a long single braid As such, Sister went to The Shogun's quarters, as she was invited for an audience she was determined to attend.

So, it is about time.

Shogun's quarters. A place where a person that is on mind of every Dragon resides. Not only it was a great honour to be invited for an audience and withness The Shogun with your eyes and hold your word before him, but also an opportunity to prove yourself.
Homura smiled to herself before she moved along, nodded to the guards and passed through the doors, making a couple of steps ahead and stopping, raising her eyes to The Shogun. Homura stood still, maintaning silence and expecting for Shogun to speak his word first, keeping in mind the gesture of common courtesy.

[Image: avatar_30918.png?dateline=1449208332]
The Shogun has invited Homura to Kyoto to discuss her plan to launch a co-ordinated strike at two points within Nagano to cripple Samura and there efforts to retake Tomioka. They arrive and are awaiting the Shogun to greet them.

[Image: ZGmzd3s.png]
Kohaku Hideyoshi

The Shogun stands up from his seat to greet his invited guest.

"Konbanwa Homura, I have to say you are brave to contact me personally so soon after your re-joining. Normally I would have not responded however Heung convinced me it was worth looking into."

Kohaku turns and puts one arm out gesturing towards a seat at his personal table.

"Please sit."

The Shogun's personal servants rush around placing an assortment of goods on the table ranging from vintage sake to traditional Kusarian rice. Kohaku waits for Homura to take her place and then seats himself at the head of the table. He nods and almost immediately his and his guests glasses are quickly but carefully filled half way.

"Now I have looked over your plans and I think it has promise. There are a few details that concern me however. The warheads are untested and you want to fire our entire arsenal in one strike? To me this sounds like risky move as it leaves us exposed to a counter offensive from the Kusari Naval forces."

Kohaku pauses for a moment and takes a sip from his glass.

"Explain to me in more detail your plan and prove to me that it will be worth the expended resources."

Konbanwa, Taii-Shogun.

Homura bowed slightly as an expression of respect, and then only, took her seat on the opposite side of the table, as she was offered to do so.

Firstly, I am infinitely grateful for granting me this opportunity to speak, but, as by now, our time window might be short, so i will be as straight and determined in my definition as possible. Recently, I was informed that the efforts of our ground forces on the surface of Tomioka is going rather smooth, so i see no real way to drastically change the state of affairs with our... general methods, so to say.
So, desperate times require desperate measures. During my assignment as 'The Right Hand' of Daimyo Augus, and for the recent time i have carefully observed the Clans and their activities.

Akemi took a pause, taking a sip from her glass, returning her gaze to The Shogun, quietly coughed into her fist, then continued her speech.

My observation have clearly indicated Clans to be overextensively obsessed with competition between each other, the Daimyo are starting to forget where the real opposition lies, it seems, focusing their efforts on rather obtaining more influence for their bretheren, setting this goal above our true goals. But this is a discussion for some other day...

From her bag, Homura pulled out a small datapad and some other, significantly larger device that appeared to be holopad capable of visualisation the containments of it's screen, which have happened few moments later, and left floating mid-air the detailed map of Nagano system with the target objects marked as targets for the diversion, with red colors.

Besides the ground garrison that is currently direly attempts to hold back our own forces inevitably advancing day by day, i assume the existance of two more crucial points that delay the fall of Planet Tomioka into our hands. Those two crucial points are the only gates that connect Nagano to the outside world, and Battleship Matsumoto, that is, above being the only Naval Forces base in the region, certainly delivers daily reinforcements and wide range of supplies coming in from internal Kusari regions. So, i highly encourage to strike at that two points.
Now, speaking turning to the operation itself. Upon commencing, the two bombers, my personal J50P-B3 "Umibozu" Kusari Bomber and B69-R "Nodachi" Blood Dragon Bomber...

The holopad showed the respective bomber models on the left and right side of the holographic map of Nagano.

...Equipped with cloaking devices to minimize the risk and threat for our Brothers and Sisters and maximize the element of surprise in regards to the upcoming attacks. I also would like to form a wing of strike snubcraft to support our responsive for the operation in case of Naval Forces will emerge and try to intercept the retreating or engaging payload bearers.

Kohaku Hideyoshi

The Shogun listens intently to Homura while she begins to explain her plan. He waits for her to finish and responds.

"The Daimyo are not your business. Each and every one of them have been appointed by me and have supported me longer than I have known you existed. I suggest you prove yourself to me before questioning my Daimyo again."

Kohaku takes a deep breath clearly quite offended. He then looks over the data for a few moments before speaking again.

"The initial plan looks well organised, with very minimal risk to our brethren Dragons. The plan you have shown me lacks a vital flaw. You have not prepared for the counter offensive which will happen if we attack these two vital targets. No doubt Samura will begin to repair the targets almost immediately and they will bring with them a fleet of naval ships. We will need to move the Blood Dragon fleet into the Rebun Nebula to stop the advance until we have fortified Tomioka."

Kohaku waves over Heung to join the discussion.

"Heung how many Togos are ready to deploy in Rishiri at this moment?"

Heung Hideyoshi

Heung walks over and takes a seat next to the Shogun. He then pulls out a data pad and reads for a few minutes.

"Mito has two Togos fully equip with crew and supplies ready to move out. Bare in mind that these will need to resupplied in order to keep them there indefinitely. But they should have the necessary supply of snub craft to disrupt traffic through the area for long enough to achieve our goal."
Kohaku Hideyoshi

Kohaku takes his time while he finishes his drink. He puts down the empty glass which is almost immediately taken away and replaced with a new one then his attention turns back to the room.

"Thank you Heung your input is always welcome here."

They both give a respectful nod toward each other.

"Homura, do you have anything to add?"

Homura patiently waited for The Shogun to finish the discussion with his trusted representative, given that neither of the men lowered their voice - Akemi Ando could hear everything clear enough to judge on what is going on. Obviously, they were concerned with the counter assault that Samura and their puppets are certainly going to establish as soon as the news about the blow will reach their ears.
Homura smiled, nodding slightly.

"Taii-Shogun, i should apologise, but i have listened to closely to your conversation with Hideyoshi-san. And, at this point, I indeed have something to add.
Two external statements, to be precise.
First. As soon as the first stage of the discussed operation will be concluded, i will order Kirishima, the legacy of Daimyo Augus, to take position in Rishiri and assist The Shogunate fleet in any way it could. It is a formidable multi-purpose vessel, vastly fortified, capable of detection of vessels attempting to hide from the prying eyes and, upon necessarity, able to provide emergency evactuation for the fleet vessels, as well as to dispatch them quickly to support our assets caught in trouble.
Second. While we speak - i took a bravery on myself to contact our esteemed allies, The Lane Hackers, to oversee and possibly disrupt the incoming traffic carrying repair commodities to delay the successful restoration of connection between Rishiri and Nagano as much as we can, I have listened to their conditions and found them more than reasonable; but, leave this to be my concern, as this is nothing i could not handle by myself.
On this, my additions to the initial discussion have concluded. If Taii-Shogun would like me to clarify anything - I am all of attention, if there's no concerns from your side worth attending - then i shall depart now, as i yet have to prepare my personal assets for the upcoming operation."

[Image: LtdCtWN.png]
The holopad, meanwhile, have displayed a Togo-class Battleship, apparently, one of those not yet being refurbished with more modern technologies now avaliable to Dragons, however, with multiple alterations that have been marked as footnotes attached to it's hull, indicating the special equipment present aboard of the vessel, as well as it's formidable hull plating and advanced scanner array.

Kohaku Hideyoshi

Kohaku and Heung both look at all the information presented for a few moments.

"Very well this settles the debate. We will launch the strike you have suggested. If successful you will be rewarded for the work you have done to achieve this mighty victory for the Dragons."

Kohaku Stands up to give his final remark.

“Let us adjourn for now there is still work to be done. Heung please ensure we have a bomber retrofitted with the new weapon two days from now.”

His attention turns to Homura.

“Make the necessary arrangements to have your ship moved here ready to be outfitted. We will speak again when the deed is done.”

Kohaku walks towards another room within his chambers but stops to turn around gives a very slight bow and then continues to leave the room.