Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Unconventional Call to Arms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
"I'll have Batou from Security collect-" Nodoka responds, only to notice a body slowly rise from the depths of the vat, the contents being drained out from a rising floor. The body is that of Cassiopeia, her long elongated brown hair flowing from her scalp to just above her derriere, caucasian skin covering the once musclar form, of which is still present in a toned stomach and surrounding area.

"Complete. Miss Graham, do you hear us?" One of the technicians says, turning to Cass and kneeling with a biostasis band in hand to take vitals from the body, which was dormant.
The girls eyes snap open as she rolls over coughing, before moving steadying herself and sitting up. "Present and accounted for... Internals check out, or at least I'm not picking up abnormalities. Pulse is steady, breathing is clear. You picking up anything?" She says to the Technician checking her. "Welcome to reality Cass, how's the body feeling?" "It feels like I went from being an immortal being to a human. That said, my eyes are not appreciating the lights. Cassiopeia says as she rubs her face.
"The Caloric Inverter will take a while to get up and going, so you might feel weak or have difficulty doing high-power functions for the first week or two." He says, moving clear to allow her some room, before turning to his associate. "You should be able to access the Neural Net through the body rather than directly, so you'll need to learn how to get used to that."

Nodoka approaches Cassiopeia, and proceeds to help her stand up. "Lights, 30%." She says, as the lights in the room darken to just above 1/4th of their previous state, leaving the room quite darker than earlier, but still decent enough to see in.
"Good to know, I'll make sure to not try and bench press the Merchant anytime soon. And thank you." Cass says as her legs wobble a bit. "Ooh... So that's how natural Equilibrium feels, I'm guessing the slight pain in my stomach is hunger... Oh joy, at least I was warned about stuff like that." Elena walks up and pats Cass's back. "Just wait, you'll be feeling exhaustion soon, that's the one that really sucks. Also, gotta work on your ability to deal with hunger considering what's in store in our future."
Nodoka moves to aid Cass. "Bodily diagnostic. Keysign Cygnus. Report BPM, Blood Glucose amount, blood pressure and neural clock rate on all neurons."

Cass' body responds on its' own, in a voice not too different from her actual voice. "BPM 90, Blood Glucose at 4.1millimolars per liter. Systolic 123. Diastolic 82. Clock rate is 450Mhz over a estimated 1,609,010,300 Neurons."

Honya responds with a slight smile. "Good. Those were within Bride-nee-san's parameters. Since your body's brain lack a advanced hippocampus, as to avoid GITS syndrome.."

Nodoka interjects. "GITS Syndrome?"

"Ghost-in-the-shell Syndrome. Only recently discovered when using human bodies, it effectively is a syndrome that causes the shell to eventually become a mirror image of the AI mentally. This can cause increased chances of premature rampancy in AI by 700%. As to prevent this, the hippocampus is intentionally underdeveloped, only capable of motor function and basic knowledge. The AI installed into the body fills the rest in." Honya answers.

Nodoka turns back to Cass. "Were those close to the numbers you had on your end? Since the body has it's own internal diagnostic system as opposed to your remote one, I want to make sure they're accurate."

Cassiopeia recoils a bit, blinking and shaking her head after the system spoke through her. "Okay, let's just pretend that wasn't violating at all... Uh, yes. Readout is the same with a 99.83% margin of error on it's part." She looks down, then to Elena. "You forgot my clothes didn't you." "Yeeaaahhh... But Hanamura sent a dude to go get them from the Garuda if that makes you feel better." "Vaguely. It also makes me want to whack you upside the head." Cass says, slightly annoyed. "Sounds like you're having emotional instability due to the new body." "I think it's a bit more about a forgetful little bird that needs a firm chop to the skull. The two chuckle as they joke with eachother.
"I'm glad to see you're engaging in such camaraderie." Nodoka says as a balding Kusarian man arrives in heavy security armor, and delivers a package from the Garuda. "Here you go ma'am. Sorry for the wait."

"That's fine, Batou. Dismissed."

"Yes ma'am." He says, turning around and departing, trying to avoid visual contact with the Naked Cassiopeia.

Nodoka passes the package to Cassiopeia. "Just a heads up - the Neural lace you have can let you set permissions for your body's external commands so that it can be internal only or with consent. Make sure you set that up. I don't want to hear some perverted Newcomer has decided to sexually assault through proverbial hacking."
She takes the bag and quickly gets the clothes out, before long she was in a pair of jeans sneakers, and a long sleeve shirt. Looking to Glancing at Nodoka once she's finished. "I'll get to that, my body is going to stay my own thank you very much... Now, if the medtechs don't mind I'd prefer to put something in this body so it stops complaining." Elena laughs at her friends statement. "Oh... Dear, you have no idea how bodies actually work, get used to them complaining about something. They will find a way."
"Prepare Shinta for deployment." Nodoka says after turning her attention to one of the technicians, who prepare for another body, lowering the circular platform down and filling the vat-like hole with the pinkish liquid again, with the retainment unit hovering over the vat, the gelatinous material awaiting another body to be constructed inside of it.

"On your go, Commander." the head technician declares, awaiting Nodoka's order.

"Hit it." Nodoka answers, only for the other tech to answer with a stroke of return, as the machine begins the process yet again of constructing another body, starting with the bones.

Honya, however, pulls out a set of presents for Cass, one being in a box, the other a simple wrapped cylindrical wrapped object. The latter item was cold to the touch, but not to the point of it being diffcult to handle.

"Please, open it." Honya says, holding out the gifts to her, a smile on her face.
Cassiopeia takes the items, moving out of the way of the teams to a bench near the wall. The three tiered box is full of Kusarian cuisine. And the wrapped cylinder being a can of Root Beer. Cass looks to Honya and smiles. "Well. You just think of everything don't you. Thank you for this, I appreciate the thought." She says as she get the utensils out of the top lid. Elena looks the food over and chuckles. "This homemade? Didn't think you'd be the domestic type Honya." Cass takes her first bite of curry and rice, sighing happily when she tastes it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9