Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cap missile basics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-28-2018, 08:27 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Surely the solution would have been to add missiles, rather than taking away missiles, in that case then?
secondly new missiles is rework for capital missiles and removal of old missiles.
New missiles made to replace old ones
new missiles are new balance line for them
its also visual upgrade
(05-28-2018, 08:51 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]its also visual upgrade

Hahahahahah, adding flares to everything doesn't make it 'higher quality'
(05-28-2018, 08:55 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Hahahahahah, adding flares to everything doesn't make it 'higher quality'
you are welcome to make them better. It is easy to work on Thrusters and Engines anyway.
erm, even faction missile turrets were removed... why in the world would you people do that?! It takes content away, I don't see the point...
I can see taking them away for 'balance', since that the reason that's always used, but considering that we're nerfing everything anyway, I'm a little skeptical as to just how much of this new crap is going to be added before it's all different. I'm with Lyth. If Houses get their own missiles that are effectively balanced with just about every ship, and are reasonable to use in just about every context, then why remove them instead of giving unlawfuls their own. It makes sense ooRP, since each faction has their own techcell anyway, and it makes sense inRP since it would give them even more diversity, and the desire to get an edge over their enemies

This is space, mate. Not Iraq 2003. There's more than just a few sides bickering and complaining against each other. There's so much ambiguity in this game that making everything the same is just going to make it unplayable to the point of sheer boredom.
And for those factions that didn't have missiles, they could even RP for them. I.e that's what I did with Core, in order to get Rhein and Bret lawful missiles.
(05-28-2018, 08:23 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]One of the biggest reason why i wanted to remove them was Navy Faction was able to mount 3 different type missile (e.g Bretonia/Liberty/Basic) but Pirates had only Basic missile

Sooo... Add more missiles that unlawfuls can use then..?
Or is that just too much work?

I'm really not following this train of logic here. Help me understand mate cos the solution offered makes even less sense than the original problem.
(05-28-2018, 09:00 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2018, 08:55 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Hahahahahah, adding flares to everything doesn't make it 'higher quality'
you are welcome to make them better. It is easy to work on Thrusters and Engines anyway.

Easier to you, yet somehow you still managed it repetitive, not to mention that they're all following the same format... Either way, there was nothing wrong with the missiles. Although making the BS missiles infinite like the older times might be good again, if they were a bit dumber with tracking, their refire was slow enough as it was, 25~ secs? Could even increase that.

Quote:One of the biggest reason why i wanted to remove them was Navy Faction was able to mount 3 different type missile (e.g Bretonia/Liberty/Basic) but Pirates had only Basic missile

Or just make more missiles accessible to them? It really doesn't matter if people stack missiles onto their cruiser because then you - in your example - Rogues could grab Destroyers and kill them instead of sticking around on gunboats you lot used to spam. Also, why are you only focusing on one region when you should be focusing on the entire game? That's called bias.

Variety in missiles is good. They just need to stack properly and be properly balanced around that stacking mechanic. If missile type XYZ gets 50 missiles, and you have two missile launchers of type XYZ, then you can have 100 missiles of type XYZ. Now lawfuls can't just have their missile launcher, a basic missile launcher, and an allied missile launcher while your local pirate gets a basic, a gentle shove out the door, and a "go get 'em tiger".

I think this is classified as a solved problem, like Fermat's last theorum, or losing at chess.

e: I know we can make stacking work through autobuy. I can think of a solution to make stacking work via the normal purchase screen but it's got some caveats.
Bumping because these missiles are useful and need to be brought back. Variety of choice is useful with ship choices as varied as the ones in disco.
Pages: 1 2 3