Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cap missile basics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-28-2018, 06:00 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]there was one problem with missiles in general , it messes up your aim (when someone fires the missile at you and your crosshairs will target the missile instead of the battleship) and you could with basic missiles just sit a distance and chain 2 missiles every 5 seconds. New missiles have 15~30 second reload speed and are much more balanced.

Jess... Just zoom far tf out and look at the side then use that cross hair using BF mk 2 and keep up the strafe/TS/STS pattern you were using instead of doing it based on reaction to keep up your own fire power against theirs.

Sounds harder then it is.
But when i did play seriously i did use 19 active keys and combine loads of advanced techniques at the same time normal people can't really do so i might be a bit unfair when saying this stuff lol.
(S)TS,blind fire, Increased velocity shots, Angled shots, tail flicking, and every other type of EK technique excluding the simple EK on them and unload cerbs.

ANYWAY I hope BS missiles become more fun to use. because they were just out right boring and highkey CD's for butt cloakers.

I am okay with the removal of the old ones if the new ones are fun.
Also house missiles were just...
it made me ask. House missiles with cool effects? wHy NoT hOuSe CeRbS?
lol the one thing i do not like about this mod is the lack of missles... all tis "balance" crap,, may as well just remove alll missle and torps from the game and make all the ships have the same stats.. lol .. carry on .. Smile
Code:
tr = dsy_silencer_missile_ammo, Silencer Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_harpoon_missile_ammo, Harpoon Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_skyguard_missile_ammo, Skyguard Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_predator_missile_ammo, Predator Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_javelin_missile_ammo, Javelin Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_marauder_missile_ammo, Marauder Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_desolator_missile_ammo, Desolator Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_retribution_missile_ammo, Apocalypse Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_reaper_missile_ammo, Reaper Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_lightning_missile_ammo, Lightning Missile Ammo
tr = dsy_hammer_torpedo_ammo, Trinity Torpedo Ammo
tr = dsy_annihilator_torpedo_ammo, Annihilator Torpedo Ammo
tr = dsy_devastator_torpedo_ammo, Devastator Torpedo Ammo
tr = dsy_hurricane_torpedo_ammo, Hurricane Torpedo Ammo
tr = dsy_nightmare_torpedo_ammo, Nightmare Torpedo Ammo
tr = dsy_nomad_torpedo03_ammo, Nomad EMP Torpedo Ammo
tr = nomad_torpedo02_ammo, Nomad Torpedo Ammo

Oof, yeah, that lack of missiles.

In any event we're not just going to bring old content back, or add more missiles to pirate factions so everyone can triple stack missiles, that's absurd. What we are going to do is look into the ammo per launcher that we used to have working via FLHook, and look at filling gaps that may have been left by the removal of old missiles. (ie; an anti bomber missile for gunboats which has a harder time tracking fighters, or a lighter missile for cruisers that has an easier time tracking gunboats)
Why aren't designated missile ships added to the game, like missile frigate or something like tha?. I see that people complain about the removal of some missiles and the lack of them. This may help the problem from my point of view and I am sure lots of players would like to fly a missile frigate
(06-10-2018, 02:53 PM)Nepotu Wrote: [ -> ]Why aren't designated missile ships added to the game, like missile frigate or something like tha?. I see that people complain about the removal of some missiles and the lack of them. This may help the problem from my point of view and I am sure lots of players would like to fly a missile frigate
Agreed with that dude. Missiles for life, guns for autism. Missile cruisers for the win. Heil rockets.

Btw, i see most problem to add this in fl mechanics where only CM and no EM warfare equipment.
Pages: 1 2 3