Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Junkers / Tarancon Base
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: Nathan Archos
»Location: Durban Station, Omicron Rho
»Subject: Tarancon Base
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Ave,

The Core has recently discovered a Junker installation, Tarancon Base, in the debris fields of Omicron Minor. Usually, we tend to obliterate such bases upon finding them, but I've decided to make an exception. I know a good opportunity for business when I see one. Although we pride ourselves on using newer components produced from fresh materials, The Core could use salvage you come across - specifically, Order technology - or whatever you manage to melt down. Provided you make these deliveries consistent, we will provide protection from any wayward elements that may attempt to harm Tarancon. This will require you to apply for Visas if you have not already.

I will lay out some ground rules, however. The Core expects the Junkers of Tarancon not to interfere with Core operations, or to harbour or assist criminal elements. Furthermore, we expect you to respectfully turn over any salvage from Core vessels to us. We are well aware of the Quasi-nature of your kind and have ignored it in our previous dealings. A Junker installation within our territory changes things. The Zoners of Freeport 11, and beyond, are all too aware of what happens to those who get in our way.

I look forward to the future.

-N. Archos
Supreme Guildmaster, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]
.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: Tarancon Base :.

[Image: Rick_zps428d2b13.jpg]

Not going to lie, I was really iffy when a group of Junker's approached me proposing setting up an installation to begin sorting through the remains of a massive cataclysm but I cleared this on the understanding that both The Core and The Order would be consulted first. Now I am even more shocked that you were not informed of its construction. So let me lay down the ground rules of our installation:

1. First things first, your war with The Order, isn't my problem, feel free to come to Tarancon and restock and resupply but keep the fighting outside of a 5k No Fire Zone around the base like you would a Freeport.

2. Any bodies we find in any ships that are not unrecognizably decayed corpse will be brought to their respective organization, Order or Core, we're all human we all deserve to see our loved ones one last time. All others will be given a standard space burial in accordance with standard Space Burial Protocols.

3. Any equipment that still in tact enough to be recognized will be returned to its respective organization. In the case of Civilian or Damaged tech, it will be smelted down into Manifolds.

4. Any cargo that isn't Alien in Nature will be checked for quality purposes then shipped off to markets elsewhere.

5. The Only exception to the No-Fire-Zone around our installation is in the case of a Nomad Raid, you are welcome to come and assist, however, Firing upon Order Vessels will not be tolerated see point 1.

In the very near future we intend on constructing a Smelter on board the station in order to melt down anything that is deemed useless and turned into Manifolds which will be for sale to all parties who may come to the base. I want to make this clear, I understand you may not be used to someone negotiating so furiously. Unfortunately I have lives to keep safe, work to be done, and credits to be made. Trust me if you want to make credits, you will agree to my terms. They are not all that outlandishly different from yours, now if you have a counter proposal make it, I will wait for your response.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter