Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Alcatraz depot lounge and pub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
[Image: cliffthurston.png]

Clif shoved the door to the Alcatraz pub open with a shoulder, his eyes gleamed as if they were running, and blood was running down from his mouth. He slumped into a chair and was immediately given a beer. Everyone could tell that he needed it, but no one wanted to bother him as to why.

He noticed Margaret eying him from her spot in the smokey room, it was obvious that she didn't want to bother him in his current state, but had something important to discuss. Clif heaved a sigh and took a swig of his beer before moving to her table.

"Margaret." He spoke quietly and tried to wipe the blood from his lip, smearing it across his chin. "Wha'cha got for me?"

The bartender brought over a dinner that he supposed Margaret had ordered for the occasion as well as a bottle of wine. Clif looked over the extravagant display in surprise and wondered at Margaret.

"Wha's all this 'bout, Winstone?"

She ran through her idea of recruiting with Clif nodding throughout the whole of it. This was why the woman was an Ace, ideas like this. The blood had long since dried on his ugly face before their enthusiastic conversation had slowed.

"I'm in. Yes, lemme talk ta Sylpheed about it. I'm sure that the thing'll fly. Crime boss don' care none how we get our recruits, considerin' that most end up dyin' on their first run anyway. Let's do it."
Winstone got back her place. Her smile symbolized happiness and success. Rogues in the room were still busy of something.
- So, did he approved that idea?
This time barmen said from his work table.
- Sure he did. Now I need to find more friends who'€™ll be ready to help me'€¦
She slowly walked to door.
- And I'€™m going to visit them by myself.
"And there will be more new faces... New rogues who will bring more glory and fame to us... And they won't die... I promise"
A man in his mid twenties walked into the bar with a young woman holding onto his arm. He wore simple clothes a light synthetic leather jacket and jeans; she was in a full body set of armour, coloured light blue. Her helmet had a canine shape to it, and the eyes glowed a colour similar to her armour.

There was a name tag embroidered onto the left breast of the man's shirt.

Harold Kane
Taskmaster
Vagrant Raiders
He looked around and, after a moment, pointed at an empty table sitting up against the window of the bar. She nodded, and they silently walked over to it and sat down on opposite sides.
Lavinia sat down at the table, opposite Kane, and quickly scanned the bar. Her implants, combined with the software in her helmet, scanned and logged the face of each person in the bar. She noticed that nobody had yet to notice them, and relaxed a little, shifting across the seat towards the window to become as unseen as possible.
Kane shifted down towards the window to Lavinia and placed his hands on the table, palms facing upwards slightly for Lavinia to hold if she wanted.

"So, it's not a half bad place," he said to her. "A little different than the other bar, but whatever. They have food and drinks here, that's what's important, huh?" He smiled.

I hope they have waiters or waitresses around here...
Lavinia continued to watch the bar, her hand moving absently across and holding onto one of Kane's. She gripped it lightly, not responding, but watching for anyone who may pass or notice her.
[Image: cliffthurston.png]

Clif finished his dinner after Margaret left. He hadn't noticed the couple enter, but was hard pressed not to catch on to newcomers given some time. He wasn't sure what to make of the two, and simply sat, content to watch for a time. He tried to be inconspicuous about it, but Clif wasn't known for much more than being awkward.

"Obviously not Rogues..."

Margaret was speaking with the bartender and Clif felt oddly vulnerable, given this assassin business. "Did Wolf hire 'em?" he wondered to himself.
Kane touched Lavinia's hand with his gently before looking over at the bar and back at her.

"What were you thinking of having in the way of food? I'm sure they have pretty much everything in the way of meat here," he asked her, smiling.
Lavinia noticed the rogue's gaze, and quickly looked away, becoming slightly panicked all of a sudden. After a moment, she managed to calm herself down, she looked back for a moment.
As Kane spoke, she looked at him, and thought for just a second. "Uhm...just...steak, I guess...or the closest thing to it you can get here..."
Kane nodded, leaned across the table, and lightly kissed Lavinia on the cheek. "I'll be right back," he said, standing up and walking over to the bar counter. The bartender looked over at him.

"What'll it be?"

"Two steaks, or something steak-like. As long as it's real meat and it's hot all the way through."

"Right," the bartender said. "It'll come to you when it's done."

Kane nodded and walked back over to the table, sitting down across from Lavinia again. He looked over at a Rogue who was watching them. The man seemed almost like he was trying too hard to be subtle... or maybe just not trying at all. Kane nodded at the man and then looked back over at Lavinia, smiling.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25