Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Scarpia Purcenna: Tales of a Crayter Republic Pilot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: tumblr_ojokqwSvkq1v6aj9do2_540.gif]
(Pilot Scarpia Purcenna resting on Planet Curacao)
Thomas Babington Macaulay Wrote:Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods."

Personal Logs of Pilot Scarpia Purcenna [Entry-001]
Crayer Republic Personnel ID: JDAM-154-112-C

[Image: Col_bomber.png]
My name is Scarpia Purcenna, or Pia as most people know me. Just a few months ago I was working water collectors on Camp Lister on Pecos. Now, I'm part of the latest batch of new pilots from Sabah. I I count six months since I first stepped into the recruitment office for the Republic. A week later I found myself here for basic training. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm somehow okay with all this. I'm looking at the shoulder patches on my flightsuit right now, and I really wouldn't have had it any other way.

I am 19 as of today, but I won't be 19 forever. I wanted to start this thing to keep tabs on myself as I go along. I'm a Warrant Officer today, but who knows - I might look back on all this when I'm a Captain or a Major someday if I want to see where it all began. Mom and dad always said I should write about how I felt. I used to think that was just their way of keeping me busy during those long trips to Holman, but I think I see the wisdom in it these days more and more. Maybe someone else'll read this, or maybe only I will bother with it. Either way,

So, here goes nothing:

I was born in Camp Lister on Pecos, just nearby here in Coronado. I don't really have many interesting things to say about it now, but it'll always be home. There were only about 500 people there at a time, and that's counting the visitors who came from elsewhere. Mom and pop met there, and I guess they just never left - not that there's anything wrong with that. We weren't wealthy, but I enjoyed things there! The world was small and the guild was our family. I remember most of my childhood just running around and not really being useful. I wonder what I'd say to my 12 year old self if I met her now.

Things were quiet and the stories the traders and the traveling guildsmen would tell were always the same. That all changed though when the Kingdom of Gallia showed up. People's moods changed, and all of a sudden spacefaring became this dangerous thing I was told to stay away from, but obviously couldn't really because yeah, I worked for the guild. I wouldn't really understand it all until I joined the Republic, but more on that next time.

Fast forward a bit, and you can probably imagine, the folks around me weren't too pleased when I told them I wanted to become a pilot for the Crayterians after meeting them for the first time at sector 5C. That means you'll be fighting!, they all said. All I could really say at the time was that it just felt like something I had to do. Maybe if I visit next time I'll have a bit more to say, but hopefully I won't blither - that's not the Crayter way.

I guess I'm just rambling on at this point. Maybe I'll talk about what basic training was like next time. Dinner's up at the Mess in a few, and I'll be darned if I get the crust at the bottom of the casserole again.

[Image: Colonial_Logo.png]
"For Those We Left Behind."