Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Amend Rule 4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So a time ago there Rule 4.1 looked a little different. In it it stated the usual stuff (can't come back after dead, two hours, yadda yadda), which itself is all fine, but it also stated that if the player who killed you, or the players involved in killing you, logged off, then you were free to go back, effectively deleting the pvpdead condition and returning things to normal.
This by itself was great for big battles where people would log, die and then both sides would log off to do other things.

Nowadays, this isn't the case, and I'm of a mind to think the playerbase isn't really in a position to support it. We're smaller than we were back then, and even if you die, you're forbidden from going back to that system unless you ask them, and even then there's the likelihood of them saying 'no'.

I propose we bring back this little feature, since even if you die, then yea, you die, but if they leave, you're still stuck outside. Bringing it back would allow people to get more things done once their gank or counter-gank is done, and thus allowing for more fun to be had. I know there's an argument about 'if you die, then you have to keep track of who was there shooting you, and people will break rules unknowingly'. Frankly, the community these days is so small that even if you get piled on, then you'll know who was there. We barely if ever get more than 100 people online outside of large scale events. A few people aren't that hard to keep track of.

Thoughts below, and if there's some magic forum I'm supposed to post this in besides General, then please move it there so I don't look dumb
kthnx
This needs to be back and IMO pvp death timer should be reduced to 45 mins and event zone pvp timers should be 20 mins. Would allow MUCH more activity and much more interaction around.
As I read this, I'm not even allowed to come back into the system as completely differently, non related transport, or even, were I killed by the LN as a rogue, to then log, an hour later, my LN character. All of that seems a little more than what was intended, which is PVP re-engagements and a little bit of roleplay power-gaming.
"Where there's no judge, there's no hangman."

Have to admit that I broke that rule many times in the past. Just avoid any interaction with your killer when logged on a different ship. Most times he won't notice or not care enough to fill a report. And if they tell you to leave, just do so.
You haven't heard all that from me. (bandit)
whats the stance of rule 4.1 on players coming back after wiping out the attackers to siege the base ?

because implementing this would favor the attackers more, wipe out the enemies while suffering casualties , relog because enemy cant log anymore into the system because you have one attacker left and since the enemy cant log into the system your side can log freely.
Maybe a simple change of Rule 4.1 would do. Reducing time from two hours into 30 minutes would be better.

As for the POB siege -- didn't we implement the rules which clearly stated that 'failed' POB attack cannot be repeated for day-two-three? Or it simply doesn't concern the singular cases?
I'm fine with both reverting the rule's old wording and reducing the timer on the condition that people do not reengage in combat against their attackers if the fight is still ongoing.
Has there been a noticable difference in combat activity regarding 30-minutes death cooldown in event areas so far? I think I've seen it only one single time, in Delta.
(07-10-2018, 10:52 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Has there been a noticable difference in combat activity regarding 30-minutes death cooldown in event areas so far? I think I've seen it only one single time, in Delta.

Speaking as an [HF] player, it makes a world of diffeence for us in Cali.
Or we could give players a "legal" return/crossing through system in their traders without reducing the PVP death cooldown.

The traders do not initiate engagement first - at least in 99,9% of cases - and rather defend themselves. If that trader char is killed however, only then the player wouldn't be able to return to the system on any of his chars for two hours.

Call me an idealist, but I'd give playerbase some trust and hope they wouldn't abuse such a rule.
Pages: 1 2 3