Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Hyperspace People. Subject: Wartime R'n'D.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission

[Image: EeAwCQa.jpg]

To: The League, the Hyperspace People.
Subject:Wartime R'n'D.

Gentlemen.

It's abhorrent that it has come to this, but the Unioners are at war. Not a Guerilla war, such as that between ourselves and the Republic. A war of flags and grinding structural alloy. Two weeks ago, The Pacifica Unioners, in protest against the Liberty Seperatists’ attempt to lay claim to the entire Tanner belt, cancelled various warship provision contracts. The Seperatists responded by attacking Pacifica with electromagnetic pulse weaponry and a siege cruiser raid instead of hearing our terms. The hostiles have been repulsed, for now. We cannot, will not, be complacent. The enemy knows our defensive capabilities intimately. They will adapt until Pacifica's gantries are boarded, or destroyed.

Pacifica is vital to both of our movements. Our shared mobile shipyard project is bound close to Pacifica. We cannot abandon other fronts for very long, yet we require more vessels in-theatre to secure the system once more. The strategic risk is one of mobility, not numbers. We cannot abandon other fronts for any significant amount of time.

The Shipbuilding directorate has placed an order to find a method of rapidly retrofitting a Mark Four jumpdrive into a tactical device for the rapid movement of warships. The ostensible goal is to mount a drive with mark four capability to a vessel of Battleship dimensions. Your organisation is known to be the only such group with the technical acumen to assist the Union in rapidly prototyping such a device. Any resulting designs will be shared between our organisation. The need is now, and the need is rapid. We are willing to wire the League One Billion credits in return for the provision of League-sourced technical knowledge.

Civilians, families, reside aboard the Jewel of the Union. They cannot bridge the void between Hamburg and Pacifica without risk of destruction by Harmony or Hellfire strikecraft, who will not discriminate between supplies and refugees. Once wartime supplies have been delivered, the drive represents an evacuation tool. My crew are prepared to throw themselves upon the dangers of a prototype, to get the civilians out.

These are grave days. Through the grace of the popular spirit, we will see them through.

*Schultzky salutes. severing the communicator.*

In solidarity, in peace, I remain yours.
Arno Schultzky
Syndicliga officer commanding, Battleship Sirene, Westphalia.

Transmission Ended
[Image: Tn89icn.png]

ID: Anton Naiose Tordai - THP|
Recipient: Arno Schultzky - UN|
Subject: Wartime R'n'D (Re.)
Encryption: Moderate

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[TRANSMISSION BEGIN]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings and salutations my dear Alster friend.

I wish I could be writing this in light of more positive circumstances, but myself and those within the League are all too aware of the dire straits that the Hamburg and Pacifica Unioner cells find themselves in. I also must wholeheartedly agree with you that what Battlefleet Harmony has perpetrated against the Unioners is not only foolish but damning to the prosperity of the Tanner Belt region as a whole. By plunging the entire Bering system into some needless conflict over trivial matters such as sovereignty they invite destruction by the the houses of Liberty and Rheinland not only upon themselves but other upon other vital elements that keep this system in ideal state that it is. Lives and livelihoods have been laid waste to and the wealth of so much unbridled opportunity has been lost. That alone I find unforgivable.

As you have already acknowledged the League took great interest in the Bering system not only due to the fact that the Pacifica Cell is collaborating on the Mobile Shipyard Project but also because of the unique economic opportunities presented by the booming salvage trade that Harmony and you Unioners co opted together. I will not lie when I say I made small fortune off dealing with both parties through supply contracts and salvage shipments. Usually when matters come to a head such as they have in the Bering system, the League would opt for a discreet stance of neutrality. Business is business after all. But since this is Bering and it involves the Unioners, this is different. Believe me when I say that the League stands with you, I have seen in you as a people shared values of my own. Whatever we can do to help, it shall be done.

Now on to the topic of this "Wartime R'n'D" you so eagerly emphasised be the subject matter for this message. I understand the hazards that an evacuation would entail given the current state of the Bering warzone and that attempting such an operation with convention transports would only end in disaster. That is why I am happy to tell you that you need not wait for research and development to be conducted to save your people from destruction. The League has in its possession a Mk IV hyperspatial displacement drive that our engineering teams inform me should be compatible with the heaviest class of capital vessel available to the Unioner fleets. With this evacuation of non-combatant personnel can be achieved without having their lives lost to the needless slaughter at the hands of these Harmony blood mongers. All we need to do is finalise a date and time to transfer the equipment, and in the future we may also have something that will give you an edge over opponents mobility wise.

If the League can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Yours eternally in profit.

~Anton Naiose Tordai
THP|Senior Staff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[TRANSMISSION END]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Incoming Transmission

[Image: EeAwCQa.jpg]

To: The League, the Hyperspace People.
Subject:Wartime R'n'D.

*Schultzky grimaces out a smile, unfurrowing his face. He's openly jubilant.*

Verstanden. Prepping cargobay two aft to take reception of the drive.

It's our.... standard of life, to work with all men who would work with us, but to expect nothing in our time of need but our own legs and arms. We have few comrades that have come to our aid, for Unioners alone. You have. We won't forget your charity, Tordai.

The drive will be used as a test unit for a number of iterative stellar navigation experiments. We're hoping to refine hyperlocation traversal accuracy until the drive itself can be weaponised. Battery burn rate and thermal energy is too steep to support extended twenty four hour jump cycles. Our engineers will be able to tell you more, but the design brief includes exploring alternative displacement attenuation cycles, extracting from acquired, stolen, and smuggled Cult of Technology assets wherever we can. The shared benefits are obvious and we'll keep your people informed of any developments as we pioneer them.

Once our people are out, you'll hear from me again. I won't tempt being wrong, but you've saved hundreds of lives when the transports ship out.

For Rheinland.
Arno.
Cell-Lord, Chort's Forge, Westphalia.

Transmission Ended