Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Private Yacht Vidius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Orbital Spa and Cruise News and Announcements

"Earlier today at Scarborough Station, the private yacht Vidius launched from the construction bays. The Vidius is a project made in conjunction between Orbital Spa and Cruise, and Benetti, a luxury yacht company. The funding of this project came from, the now private owner, Lischal Tanlas. A wealthy billionaire, the owner of Lischal Banks. A banking company found on planets such as New Berlin, Stuttgart, Curacao, and Hamburg, as well as a few smaller, less well known planets. The captain of this ship is a former Orbital Spa and Cruise captain named Aerien Reslih. The uniqueness of the ship, is the fact that it is the largest, and most advanced yacht ever created by Benetti. Roughly the length of a battleship, and the size of a frigate it is extremely powerful and well armed for a yacht. It has cruiser turrets bought from the Liberty military, as well as some of the new inferno cannons and battlerazors bought from the Zoners.

The ship will be roaming around sirius, doing out of the way trade runs and acting as a mobile headquarters for Lischal Banks.

In other news...

(Post to follow, don't post until after it.)
I made this Luxury Liner so pirates who are bored of traders who leave the server or that character as soon as a pirate enters the system have something to attack, and perhaps pirate. The role play of it is that it will not react to anything it wouldn't know if the game were real life. So it won't run unless it sees the pirate on scanners, not the chat window. It will do its best to preserve its life, than to strip the pirates of profit. For example, if the hull is at 2 bars, I'll likely say "Cease fire" and give you money, or as much commodities as you can hold. That way, I stay alive, you make as much, or more profit than you would if you killed me, and I might still make profit on the route. It will NEVER F1, it will run however. But if it has no choose, it will fight back until it is clear it'll lose, then it will surrender.

I know alot of people aren't using pirate chars as much because traders will not allow anyone to attack them. By F1ing or running away when you enter the system. This is here to provide entertainment. It will, as I said before, roam Sirius doing random trades. If it has no commodities, it will hold credit cards, so no matter what, there will be something on it to pirate.

The name is Private-Yacht-Vidius on the server, though I might eventually change the name.

Now go have fun trying to pirate me. :P

I might also make a captain's log about attacks, haven't decided on that yet. However extremely large pirate groups attacking, or myself getting destroyed will be put on the news network. Rheinland if it happens there, Kusari if it happens there, etc, etc.. And Orbital spa and cruise if it happens in the Border worlds.

(Thread is now open to comments, suggestions, and criticism, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.)
Excellent idea Dab, look forward to pirating you :D Muahahha!
Yeah Dab ... Good call. Nice to have a moving target. Wep loadout looks hefty for a
transport though. I know you don't want to make it easy, but don't encourage eveyone
to over spec a liner ...

Hoodlum :cool:
This is a liner with guns on it? or what.

Well i have to say, being fighting whatever it is out there soon!
Well I put those guns on it so I can fend off against cruisers and battleships as well. I'm allowing pirates to pirate my in any ship they desire, even though pirating in any capship is looked down upon, it isn't against my liner, since I designed it for the purpose of you having something to do. So come at it with all your worth.
Pirating in anything bigger then a gunboat is against the rules, thats assuming everyone bothered to read the ID infocards.

We had a big long flame-filled arguement about the weapons loadouts of liners at the same time we had the one about the shields you should use.

Why don't we use the basic, common sense rule igiss started when he put all these turrets into the mod?

Transport turrets on transports, gunboat turrets on gunboats cruiser/destroyer turrets on cruisers/destroyers and frigates and BS turrets on BS's.

It's not rocket science, it's just simple common sense.

Unforunately we seem to have aload of bloody moronic, brain-dead zombies on the server.
Liner isn't exactly a transport only. Its a heavily armored luxury liner. Those things are cruiser class ships, with transport shields. I don't think having the cruiser weapons on it is a bad idea.

About the not pirating in capships rule, I think that means against traders in trains, transports, and stuff. Against Liners I believe it would be okay. Especially when the owner of the liner WANTS them to. Sort of like an invited pvp to everyone. If Igiss allows it, I want capship pirates after me.