Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: National Council of Malta | From: Natio Octavarium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Kane-NO.png]

Identification: Harold Kane
Affiliation: Natio Octavarium Ministry of Relations

To: National Council of Malta

Subject: Formalization of Relations
Encryption: Quite.

Greetings, esteemed representatives of Malta.

As a prologue to my message, I would like to apologize for not reaching out to you sooner. The diplomatic and political climate in the upper Taus has been rather stressful as of late, particularly in the system that my people call their home. Were the universe a friendlier place we would have been in contact with you some time ago, but alas, human nature precludes that.

My name is Harold Kane. Some of you may have heard it before -- I am the Minister of Relations for the micro-state of Natio Octavarium and a former Taskmaster of the Vagrant Raiders. We are in a sense a successor to that organization, but with new goals. Instead of piracy and mercenary work we have established a colony in the far corner of the Tau Border Worlds in which our civilians can live without threat of the likes of Liberty and Gallia shearing off their front doors and arresting or slaughtering them for the sheer audacity of having what they would consider to be blemished pasts.

That being said, signores, we have not ever forgotten our history. The Raiders came from Malta, and our founder and long-time leader, the late John Petrucci, brought us what was at the time a significant amount of wealth and power, all thanks to Malta's influence and reaches. The Cardamine trade was our bread and butter. While for diplomatic appearances we have been... not avoiding, but downplaying our involvement in the Orange Dream in recent months, we are still very interested in being a friend and an economic partner of Malta's. We are working with the Amalfi Union to provide an economic way-station for legitimizing the trade of cryo-organisms and high quality Junker-acquired salvage to and from Malta, centered around our civilian colony deep in the north asteroid fields of Tau-44, Canberra Star City. The station is open to all, so please feel free to visit at any time.

If there is anything you would like to know about us, please feel free to ask. We wish only to bring our two peoples closer together again.

To the prosperity of Malta and her people.

Warmest regards,
Harold Kane, Minister of Relations
Natio Octavarium

[ Transmission Ended ]

[Image: B96g0J6.png]

To: Harold Kane
Subject:Re: Formalization of Relations

To Harold Kane,

Buenos Dias, I'm Oranos, council member to the National Council of Malta and Olympian to the state partnered Atlantis Manufacturing.

The National Council is admittedly not as aware of Natio Octavarium as its previous leaders but this allows us to view you with a new leaf. Now, before we continue on we need to clarify your aims with the Orange Dream and trade goals. While some members of the National Council generally seem unhappy with the walk away from relying on the Cardamine trade, we've had to encourage them to opt into other forms of trade. Malta will not survive aeons on a single source of Income, its the way of interstellar economics.

Your input is well noted along the details of the Cryo-Organism trade, I would say its Malta's grand entrance to the legal trading zone. Especially with markets like Bretonia and hopefully Rheinland by our own personnel. We can't ignore that customers and shippers would even come long distances to obtain the product themselves to which we're happy to barter with. On terms of 'Salvage'. while the Nacion has survived for quite a while off refined and scrapped parts, I think it's about time we boosted our manufacturing and industrialisation efforts, we have the labour... So why not obtain ready made materials and focus on manufacturing. Anyhow, this is purely my speculation-

As for now, with our more engaged efforts against various combat fronts, you might find that we soon might be in need of a supply detail to supplument our ever increasing demands for raw resources. We will be in touch very soon, so ensure that this channel will be kept on a hotline. As for now, I bid you Buenos Dias and hopefully will be speaking again.

- Oranos
Atlantis Manufacturing PLC
National Council of Malta | National Council member

[Image: 4SfZdAQ.png]