Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Operational and personnel update - Juillet 741
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: PnPOy9K.png]

Text message to all personnel, from Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup

Topic : status of current operations and personnel-related announcements

Bonjour,

Yes, this update is coming late. Yes, I've been busy. Extremely busy. And not at liberty to explain why, although you will figure it out soon enough, I trust. Anyway, let's get to it.

First of all, I have been informed that the month of Juillet has seen less sorties from our side, with the bulk of our efforts centred around skirmishes and commerce raiding, all in Bretonia. This could mean that the Bretonians are finally losing ground and keeping their meagre resources for more decisive, and thus less frequent battles. Or this could mean that many of you have been slacking off recently. I'll leave you to conclude which of these possibilities I tolerate. With the commissioning of Issoudun drydock, as reported by commandant Guillory, we are now in the best position to bring increased levels of violence to bear on the Bretonian resistance. You've all been made aware of our new doctrine in this conflict ; no more attrition. Now, we must push, and push harder than ever before. Soon the gate to London will be complete, and by then, I expect significant engagement from all of you, commanders, squadron leaders down to pilots and deck hands. It'll take every effort from all of us to put a decisive end to this conflict, before the Libertonians start getting bolder and more desperate.

On another topic, you've all heard about the ongoing dispute between Rheinland and Kusari. So far, this does not concern us, as neither House has suspended its trade with us. Work is being done in the backrooms to ensure that things stay that way. Nevertheless, I feel the time is finally ripe for a little demonstration to our friends in Kusari, to ensure that they know what's best for them at present. I will issue orders on that topic soon. At present, those of you patrolling our Gallia should be just as welcoming to Kusari and Rheinland trade as ever. Be vigilant, however, and make sure to prevent any... Disorderly conduct, should a Rheinland wing come upon a Kusari one. Maintain order with professionalism, and keep the trade flowing. We'll need it.

Speaking of trade, I would like to remind you of the birth of a new directorate for Ile-de-France shipping. We may not exercise as much direct control over their operations as we do over EFL, but they are still the servants of Gallia. As such, you will provide them with the help and security they may require, but also with scrutiny. We need to make sure of their loyalty, particularly at a time like this. There are rumours of impending Council operations in our dear Gallia, I don't know when or where : a bad time to let a powerful and vital corporation run amok without due supervision.

Finally, in regards to MRG personnel :

First, a reminder that we've been joined, last month, by several recruits from various walks of life : Maître Principal Louis Clément, whom several of you have flown with already and who has demonstrated significant commitment and valeur early on ; the Lieutenant de Vaisseau Bastien Moreau and Maître Artois, who've joined us very recently, right on time for our final push. Once more, welcome to the Marine Royale to those three. Take good care of them, help them settle and train them in our ways ; we don't have much time left.

Lastly, the bad news. Contre-amiral Jean-Yves Patrice de Justéton has taken ill and has requested a leave of absence from the frontlines. His absence has been keenly felt, especially now, and he will be hard to replace. He has tirelessly and decisively contributed to Gallia's advance over the past year, with a significant cost to his health. Wish him well. Let us hope he returns to us before this is all over, so that he may reap the many fruits of his labour as the flag floats over London.
As a consequence for his absence, I'm reopening the office of Canonnier. It is an important duty that I wouldn't leave to just anyone, but I need this office to be occupied promptly. I will award a fortune and a title to whomever accepts it.
Similarily, because of commandant Landreau's extended leave from her post, I am reopening the office of Capitaine d'armes. It may not sound as vital as the Canonnier, but in these times of quick turnovers and abundance of new recruits, it's an important responsibility as well. Anyone ready and willing to show the ropes and take good care of our newcomers should apply without hesitation.
Lastly, we are still without news of Madeline Sabine de Bordeleaux, who has vanished overnight and without a trace. We're actively searching for her, but fruitlessly at present. I know many of you got to appreciate her early on ; even I did. Don't give up hope, I'm convinced she'll turn up at some point. She will keep her office of Coureur until I say otherwise.

That's all. Rank update up next.

Promotions and rewards

The following men and women of the Marine Royale Gauloise have demonstrated exemplary conduct, tireless commitment and skill in the art of war. They are to be commended and honoured.

- Capitaine de vaisseau Everett Fontaine has been elevated to the rank of Contre-amiral and now has a seat at the État-Major. His work as Chambellan, commandant of the Algérie and 5G operative has been instrumental to the operations, successes and overall health of the Marine Royale. Those stars have been deemed a just reward for his peerless flexibility and seemingly endless energy put in service of the Roi. Congratulations, Amiral. Your new responsibilities do not dispense you from your old ones ; now you will get to serve Gallia in just about every possible aspect.

- Capitaine de corvette Nicodème Guillory has been elevated to the rank of Capitaine de frégate. The État-Major has been wondering when the commandant Guillory, logisticien de la Marine Royale, finds time to sleep, or eat. He's made good use of his significant technical skills both on the battlefield and in dealing with various non-Gallic elements. His contributions have been numerous and decisive, and his advance was a predictable one. Keep this up, commandant ; your efforts have been noted and a title of nobility could be yours soon.

- Lieutenant de vaisseau Félix Lacroix has been elevated to the rank of Capitaine de corvette. Though a timid presence following his transfer, the capitaine Lacroix has since gone on many patrols and struck repeatedly hard and fast at our enemies, never failing. The freshly activated Dunkerque is already a known sight among our enemy, with precious few scratches on her hull and yet an already impressive killcount. You are now part of the officiers supérieurs, Lacroix. More than ever, others will look up to you ; more than ever, you will need to inspire.

- Maître Principal Louis Clément has been elevated to the rank of Enseigne de vaisseau. A fresh face in MRG ranks, Clément has taken many initiatives already and been responsible for several acts of valor and significance during his sorties. Commitment, initiative and merit are very highly regarded in the Marine Royale ; as such, you are being given a shot at being an officer. Congratulations, Lieutenant Clément.

- Matelot Jacquouille Tartenpion has been elevated to the rank of Quartier-maître. Although not much was expected from the good Jacquouille, he's demonstrated loyalty, commitment and skill in the art of war to rare levels by Matelot standards. Values that Gallia rewards indiscriminately. C'est bien, Jacquouille. Brave Jacquouille.

That's all for now.

Honneur, Patrie, Valeur, Discipline.