Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Natio Octivarium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: 1BafiXy.png]

To: Natio Octavarium, Canberra Star City, Tau-44
Identification: Aisling Cenncroithi, Harvest Moon (Corvo-class Explorer)
Transmission Source: Ames Research Station, Kepler

To whomever I may be speaking, hello.

My name is Aisling Cenncroithi, and I am the captain and head researcher of the independent research vessel Harvest Moon. As you may be aware, a couple of nights ago my vessel--and consequently my crew--were threatened not far from your station.

The situation is thankfully resolved, so my crew and I are in no danger. However, I still wish to extend my thanks to you and your pilots, as there was one in particular in the area flying under the callsign of Saronsen that offered to rescue my research if I should need it. Still, I wish to ensure that future encounters in the area will go more smoothly...and as I have come to understand over the past night or so, there is a whole new nation of yours that has sprung up in the area.

Please forgive me for my lack of prior knowledge. My time in Sirius over the past couple of years has been chaotic, to say the least. Tracking the ever-changing political climates while also attempting to survive in the Edge Worlds is quite a task.

Regardless of this, I would like to ensure that in future, I have not only your assistance, but also your blessing. My crew and I regularly conduct research on the Slomon K'Hara, so as to help accumulate further knowledge that may be of use in understanding them...or fighting them, as the case may be.

Understandably, this is a topic of some sensitivity for most in the sector. Many do not approve of such research, especially not by a team unaffiliated with any major group, such as my own. As such, we find ourselves in need of allies and safe havens. Naturally, if you do choose to assist us, we would be happy to cooperate with you however necessary, and we would be happy to assist you if need be.

I look forward to hearing a reply. Again, thank you for the assistance, and do take care of yourselves.

[End of Transmission]
[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Victor-Delacroix.png]

Identification: Minister Victor Delacroix
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Aisling Cenncroithi

Subject: Assistance
Encryption: Mon Dieu!

Yes, I've read the reports, from Iliat, Magician, Endecott, Combs... It will take us some time to sift through everything that happened that day.

I am Minister Victor Delacroix, I speak on behalf of the Octavarium Intelligence Commission and the Ministry of Intelligence, and I offer a belated welcome to Tau-44. We aim for a peaceful existence with our neighbors, but there are at times those who would mistake our preference for non-violence for weakness. We have had words already with some of the other parties present for that situation, and have relayed our... clarifications.

With that taken care of, you are welcome to return. We would, however, prefer that extreme caution is taken to minimize the visibility of alien materials. As you've surely observed, they tend to provoke hostile reactions, and I'd rather not have Canberra meet the same fate as Freeport 7.

Minister Victor Delacroix
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

[Incoming Transmission]

To: Minister Victor Delacroix, Canberra Star City, Tau-44

Minister Delacroix, thank you for your friendly and timely reply.

In future I do hope to cause less of a stir when visiting your territory, and my crew and I are already discussing how we may help shield our research bays against outside scans. It is quite the liability, as you said, and I should prefer not to be a target myself--whether from nomads or from zealous pilots.

While we do have defensive systems onboard our vessel, as was evidenced in our altercation, we do not have the firepower to defend ourselves against full-fledged capital ships, such as those that threatened us. If such a thing should arise in future, can we rely upon your nation to protect us? Your pilot was willing to assist us, but it is one thing to have the support of an individual, and another to know that we are not only welcomed to your home, but that we are also secure in it.

It is a dangerous world. Stay safe.

[End of Transmission]
[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Victor-Delacroix.png]

Identification: Minister Victor Delacroix
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Aisling Cenncroithi

Subject: Defense
Encryption: Mon Dieu!

As a rule, we do intend to intervene if any civilians are unjustifiably assaulted in our space. Dubhe and Alcor Squadrons are on standby for defensive operations as we speak. We prefer for it not to come to that, so we can focus our forces on the Gallic invasion, but it is sometimes unavoidable.

However, I would suggest investing in a more secure laboratory; while I'm loosely familiar with the benefits of research in reduced gravity, there are warzones all across Sirius, and the most recent Corvo revision is not suited to travel through them. Nothing you don't already know, I'm sure.

Aquila Defense Systems would likely be available to assist in such a laboratory's design and construction, were you so inclined.

Minister Victor Delacroix
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

[Incoming Transmission]

To: Minister Victor Delacroix, Canberra Star City, Tau-44

I am glad that we can rely on you and your strike craft squadrons. Thank you.

Your offer of assisting in planning a larger laboratory is quite compelling, though I am afraid that we are in no position to fund such a project ourselves. I fund this research vessel with personal savings--savings which have rapidly dwindled. More than anything else, we focus upon self-sufficiency. A larger laboratory is therefore beyond our current scope, as much as we would benefit from it.

Still, you are correct that such a facility would both be more defensible and would be more capable of surviving in hostile environments. Should we ever decide that such a thing is necessary, then I would be happy to reach out to you and Aquila Defense Systems so that we may determine how to proceed.

Again, thank you for your generosity and support.

[End of Transmission]