Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bering Upgrade Thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(08-17-2018, 02:27 AM)Tænì Wrote: [ -> ]Since it's a combat system, It'd be good to discourage border-running by moving the death wall closer. It'd be nice to have an RP-acceptable reason for it, too.

Every system should be like that.
Put a black hole on each end, ensures no border-running by 100%

And would add a 100% probability that I will never ever enter that system again, because I would be extremly terrified and scream around... dem black holephobia
Give Rothaar a shipyard model and make it un-killable.
[Image: AqrWn4t.jpg]
(08-17-2018, 10:55 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2018, 02:27 AM)Tænì Wrote: [ -> ]Since it's a combat system, It'd be good to discourage border-running by moving the death wall closer. It'd be nice to have an RP-acceptable reason for it, too.

Every system should be like that.

How does it discourage border-running by moving the death wall closer? If anything it'll encourage more people if they practice such acts, since you'll need less time to reach it and therefore less of a bother. Border-running was a desperate last-resort for blue-denial that only the most stubborn people would actually bother to do.

The death-wall should stay unchanged, no need to make it less of a time-waste as it is, for both chasers & runners.

EditPS: Nice changes overall, anticipating to see more from your works
(08-17-2018, 10:54 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Has there been any dev-signing-off on this? System design can be very time consuming, and you want to be sure you're not wasting your time.

These modifications have not been approved by the development team as of this time.
(08-17-2018, 12:09 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2018, 10:54 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Has there been any dev-signing-off on this? System design can be very time consuming, and you want to be sure you're not wasting your time.

These modifications have not been approved by the development team as of this time.

I still say there should be more white in the system background.

Other than that, I have to side with Laura on the argument of consulting other factions in the area, as well as with the devteam. The joke about the starsphere aside, there are some good concepts here, and I think they'd be better off implemented.
You are seriously risking your effort getting wasted if you do not closely cooperate and consult stuff with the dev team and, as it seems, not even with the another official faction which reside in the system. Not even mentioning potential conflict of interests when you work on redesign of the system as a OFL of faction which is at war at this moment with that another faction inhabiting the system.
I can see this ending in tears.
- This is a community contribution. It will be sent in as a Development Request with the full files once it is proven to run without major bugs or crashes.

- This is not an officially sanctioned development. I am not a dev.

- If this is rejected, it doesn't really matter, this is a skill development project.

- Official faction co-operation is desired on all subjects, especially info-cards and placements.

and ZM| ?

And us poor zoner, without home, we are also a sort of sparatist, excepted that we are honnest and quiet!
Pages: 1 2 3 4