Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A brief visit to Razor's Edge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just as the any other pub, Razor's Edge was crowded with all sorts of people. Clamor, laughter, broken glasses and occasional fight seem to be a common occurrence. Certainly not a place Max would ever step in, yet the circumstances do not leave him much of a choice. Staring with an empty expression through the window, he awaits a young Hacker in hope she will help him finish something he's not able to do alone.

It did not take long for the designated Lane Hacker to make it to the pub; for a moment, miss Willing stopped at the entrance, revealing her appearance to all the people present. Felicity looked around the place, reviving in her memory the face and the appearance details she noticed on the video feed, assuming it was not jammed or in any way altered, despite the conditions under which the transmission have made it's way through the Neural Net.
The lady smiled in satisfaction, and walked through the pub.
She looked well - surprisingly adorned with a long black dress with two notches starting at her thighs, revealing a tiny bit of the pale skin.
Her back and shoulders were completely exposed, revealing her slim stature. Her hairstyle had most of the hair gathered on the back on her head, with two strands freely falling to her shoulders. The spicy flavor of cinnamon have trailed her path as she walked.
Felicity stopped in front of the familiar person with a modest smile.

Mr.Schilder, i assume?

With a visible smile on his face, Max stands up to greet the young lady just like any gentleman should - a formal handshake, pulling out her char and gesturing bartender so she can order her drink.

Fräulein Willing. It is a pleasure. You look far more beautiful in person.

He sits down once again with a slightly faded smile. He has awaited this conversation for a very long and now its happening. His wandering thoughts have disappeared as his anticipation was stronger than anything else: he decides to put an end to the formalities and satisfy his thirst for information. His smile fades into a serious grin as he leans towards the Hacker.

The information you promised. Let me see it.

Instead of sharing any word with the obviously impatient men, Felicity handed over to him a tiny datapad that have been hidden in her handbag until this very moment; she had no doubts in her memory, yet miss Willing considered the technical assets the most reliable when it came to storing and preserving information.

Thank you, Mr. Schilder.

She smiled brightly in gratitude to his compliment.

Everything you are interested in - is here, in this small device. Tiny local storage not even connected to the Neural Net, with handwritten software. It just can not be compromised.

The database record stated the following:
  • Subjects new names: Sachiko Kobaykawa, Mimiko Kobaykawa.
  • Subjects new place of residence: Kyushu prefecture, Katashina, Hokkori highway 31-19.
  • Subjects new status: Reformed empire citizens, permanent residence.
And the rest of necessary information including further details on the new citizens of the Reformed Empire with their past erased.

I assume this is more than satisfying for you, Mr. Schilder; they are described as descendants from Bretonia, whose family moved to Kusari around a century ago due to the business interest in Kyushu. Despite their hard efforts in establishing business, it soon got overwhelmed with Synth Paste, and now Kobaykawa family lives as the most of planet's dwellers - as farmers, in the countryside. However, if i recall correctly, you've promised me some valuable information. I am yearning to hear it.

Max takes the record into his hands and starts reading. He kept on reading it over and over again, just to make sure he understood it well. His family is safe, the only leverage Alster Union had on him is gone. With his mind put to rest, with his chains broken, he is able to strike back. Still visibly shaken, he continues.

I have to admit, I had my doubts... Any sane man would... But you did a good job, fräulein Willing.

He leans back in his chair and once again puts on his poker face.

I intend to keep to my promises. What kind of compensation would you prefer? Credits? Information? A favor? It is yours to choose.

Felicity tilted her head a little, exhaling.

Mr.Schilder, a promise of the Lane Hacker is carved in granite. For anyone, be it a corporate patsie being deprived of his ill-gotten profits - or a man seeking our attention and assistance.

It took some time for Felicity to answer her next question; it was to propose her desires in a correct form. She sighed quietly, then resumed her speech.

This will include two conditions.
First - you are going to provide me with full information on the reasons of the conflict that have recently erupted in Bering, the stance of the sides. The Professors seem to have already made a decision on this, but the public announcement is delayed for some reason. Still, i would prefer to know the truth rather than dive into something by blind believing.
Second. Mr.Schilder, I would like you to keep providing me with intelligence about Bering events, as, i assume, you are going to stay around it for a while. Mostly, I am interested in Harmony's affairs, specifically - if they are getting in touch with groups like Xeno Alliance, Hellfire Legion, perhaps, even Gauls. Undercover identity, generous payments for the information provided and extraction opportunity is assured. It is not necessary for you to ask direct questions. Observe. Listen. Record your observations. Direct them to me to be sorted out. Any trace of mentioned corruption will be valued greatly. Do not hesitate to share your observations.
On a sudden occasion - it also within our interests to know if any of Harmony operatives utilize Lane Hackers ships or technologies.
Would these conditions suffice?

The situation in Bering is more complicated than it seems to be. It all started after the Alster Union has acquired a strong evidence of Harmony's stance towards the Hellfire. I believe one of your Professors was present on the scene as well. A heated argument was concluded with Battlegroup's commander giving explicit permission to shoot down Alster Union's Oberstarbeiter. The commander stood idle while our Oberstarbeiter was torn to shreds. It was the final straw to series of Harmony's disrespect and indirect hostilities towards the Alster Union.

He takes a moment to think.

The other condition... I am not sure you are aware of the situation I'm in. I have been evicted from the Pacifica by Sascha Lattke and his thugs. The Battlegroup would surely pay a good price for my head as well. I am not able to return to Bering for the time being nor retrieve any new piece of information.

Felicity exhaled, listening carefully to every word spoken by Max. Scratching the back of her head, she averted her eyes to the side, obviously disappointed with the outcome of the argument. Humanity's destructive nature have taken over the advantage of mind and speech. Upon the conclusion, Willing nodded in understanding.

Mister Schiller. I have to apologize for unintentionally threatening your life. Despite that - my offer still stands, with minor alterations, however. Yet, we might discuss this later. As far as i remember, you wanted to discuss some other matters with me, is this correct? I am all ears.

Felicity's disappointment has struck him hard. He continues without further ado just to keep young Hacker interested.

Don't underestimate the knowledge I possess, fräulein. After all, I have been an administrator of Pacifica and commander of the Bering fleet.

He pauses for a brief moment.

Other matters... Yes. As much as I despise Sascha Lattke and the Alster Union lead that let that spineless hound back to power, I cannot turn my back to the Unioners. Pacifica is my home, it is home to my brothers and sisters, to my colleagues, to every proud Unioner. It has been my home for decades and I don't intend to let Harmony take it over.

Once again, he leans towards the Hacker and looks her directly into the eyes. He continues with a much serious tone.

But the question is, how far do the Lane Hackers intend to go in this conflict?

As Miss Willing nodded again, another small datapad got pulled out of her handbag and she placed it over to the table, swiftly tapping the screen with her fingers, looking for a certain message in Harmony - Lane Hackers direct channel - the Professor's official statement in regards to the erupted conflict. Felicity exhaled.

As per my prediction - The Professors have decided to abstain from picking any sides in the conflict. For now. However, they've made it clear they are not going to tolerate any aggression towards The Alster Union - otherwise, the described repercussions will follow. So, i am afraid, as the Lane Hacker i can do that much for you. However, we might be able to shift the opinion of Professorship towards this case. If only we could get the proof that Alster Union has in possession in regards to Harmony - Hellfire cooperation. Except the Pacifica suffering a nuclear EMP launch, which is, honestly, quite a weak proof as that could as well be provoked by Xenos or Hellfire itself.
Provide me with details of your plan. I will see what can be done about it.

Pages: 1 2