Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: SIS Agent Mountbatten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Agent-Shiranui.png]

Identification: Agent Shiranui
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Agent Mountbatten, SIS

Subject: Impact Crayter
Encryption: Genuinely rather absurd

Escher tells me you're our new contact. Not sure what happened with Skirka, but that's your business, not mine.

I'll get to the point. We have concerns about our... gracious hosts.

Two weeks ago, Minister Kane sent a well-intentioned offer to them, to buy their installations in Tau-44. Minato is still significantly damaged, Sulawesi is still operating below capacity, and Crayter is spread far thinner than their numbers can support. It seemed mutually beneficial. A militant state like theirs would never agree, but I can't fault Kane for his attempt.

Fleet Admiral Michael Richard gave the offer some consideration. However, within two hours his tone changed significantly. Within 24 hours, Crayter Intelligence, such as it is, cut the channel. Within a week, there was a new Fleet Admiral.

No one has heard from Fleet Admiral Richard since, as far as I'm aware.

You understand our concern, I hope. Minister Kane will soon be contacting the Bretonian government, to obtain orbital installation licensing and hopefully securing a heavier vessel to bolster our defenses. The Commission would appreciate if you pass this information to those who need it, to hopefully expedite our request.

I've included a saved copy of Minister Kane's transmission for your own evaluation, as well as the announcement of the Admiral's... retirement.

Attachment Found: channel163344.log
Attachment Found: channel163559.log

Agent Shiranui
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICE - KINGDOM OF BRETONIA - SEMPER OCCULTUS
[Image: fjTa2a4.jpg]

To: Agent Shiranui, OIC

Subject: Impact Crayter

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. That is a somewhat distressing overreaction on the CIS' part to a reasonable and sensible offer. Then again, the Crayterians haven't always been known for rationality. I'll pass this along to my superiors. Hopefully any agents we may or may not have in the vicinity of Crayter space can shed more light on the mystery. As to Minister Kane's upcoming requests, Natio Octavarium has so far proven to be a reliable ally in the Tau region. I'm sure that my superiors would be glad to show their gratitude for your continued assistance.

In Her Majesty's Service,

Lady Sarah Mountbatten, Agent
Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service