Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Opération Farfadet, part one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MARINE ROYALE GAULOISE - NEW VIDEO TRANSMISSION
[Image: eS29bZ3.gif]

Identifiant : Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup, chief of staff
Destinataire : All available commanders and squadron leaders
Cryptage : confidentiel défense
[Image: 1515616180-isabelle-montlaville-de-chanteloup.png]

Sujet : MISSION BRIEFING : OPERATION FARFADET, PART 1
18 août, 741 A.G.S.
Ile-de-France

The transmission opens and reveals Chanteloup sat at her lavish desk, angrily writing on some piece of paper. She raises her as-ever pissed-off face to address the recorder and puts her pen down.

Bonjour.

Normally this sort of thing is done by underlings, but apparently this has to come from me, for some reason. Anyway, some context first.
As you know, we're tightening the grip on the remnants of the Bretonian kingdom using all we've got. No time for attrition anymore. It's been decided that we should start making good use of our occupied territories to feed our coffers, in turn giving us more leeway to keep our fleet up and reinforce it where needed. In short : no more playing nice and easy ; we will take what we need from the places we control in an effort to finish this war by Noël. I find this deadline to be a little presomptuous, but it's not in my hands.

I've been tasked with figuring out how we can best capitalise on our new possessions on the short term. Leeds is out of the question as it'll be years before it resembles an actual planet... But Dublin, Dublin is home to a lot of gold still, even following the Bretonians' efforts to strip mine the place. We are not miners, but the Dubliners certainly are, and a veritable armada of foraging stations litters the system. Our system.

For those of you not smart enough to see where I'm going with this : you're going to put the squeeze on all those modular bases. Constant and successful 5G raids in Dublin have demonstrated that the system is now ours in name and in fact. What remains of the Bretonian military is too busy chasing their own tails elsewhere and looking for the next seat of their fleeing government. This means that all those stations in Dublin fall under the Gallic law as of now. She grins.

Opération Farfadet is simple. We will find and document every modular installation in Dublin. We will offer their owners a simple choice. And we will act decisively on each of their responses. At the end of Farfadet, Dublin will have turned into a very profitable system, or a cleaned-up system ready to be exploited and fully developed by our corporations.

Here are your mission objectives for part one of Opération Farfadet.
- Patrol the Dublin system as discreetly as possible. We aim to surprise the miners so that they have only a tiny window to reply to our demands, so the pressure we apply will be all the more effective.
- Locate modular installations. Upon making contact, demand to dock with it and take note of the base's reaction.
- Report your findings by replying to this transmission, using the attached form.

Each successful and verified report will be rewarded by a bonus of ten million francs. That you should be paid extra to do your job boggles my mind, but these are the times we live in.

She produces a cigarette from one of her many drawers and lights it up.

Now get out there and bring me those bases. The party is about to start.

Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Honneur, Patrie, Valeur, Discipline

ATTACHED :
Base discovery report form

Base name :
Base location (precise coordinates) :
Suspected owner : Bretonian authorities / Bretonian corporations / Mollys / Independent Mining Guild / Freelance / Unknown
Suspected use : Mining depot / Trading post / Factory / Settlement / OTHER :
Reaction to a docking demand : GRANTED / DENIED

Additionnal comments (who was there, how did you come to your conclusions, what you found inside, etc) :
Account wished for the reward :
[Image: 180?cb=20170728103850]
[Image: 264px-GRPLogo.png]
GALLIC ROYAL POLICE TRANSMISSION
ID: LEGALL, ALYSSANDRA

CRYPTAGE: confidential défense

This is Gardién Alyssandra Legall of the Gallic Royal Police. I have answered the call for this "Opération Farfadet"
I have done a preliminary patrol of Dublin on an unmarked Vessel, checking the obvious places to put stations, the asteroid fields.
And thus far i have encountered two Modular Stations, i had to leave due to detecting a BAF vessel entering the system.

My report is as follows:

Base name : El Dorado Station
Base location (precise coordinates) : D4
Suspected owner : Corsairs
Suspected use : Mining depot / Factory
Reaction to a docking demand: DENIED

Additional comments: The Station was neutral to me, its weapons systems did not fire nor target me, but i wasn't able to grant access. The name of the station makes me guess its Corsair owned, and considering its position in a gold field, its very likely its used as a mining station or drop off point.
Account wished for the reward: GRP|Gardien.Legall

Base name : Goldern Coin
Base location (precise coordinates) : D7
Suspected owner : Mollys
Suspected use : Mining depot / Trading post
Reaction to a docking demand : DENIED (hostile)

Additionnal comments: The Goldern Coin is a thing of legend, i suspect its the Mollys main gold depot. Very hostile
Account wished for the reward : GRP|Gardien.Legall

Gardien Alyssandra Legaal. Galic Royal Police