Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Arbiter Tiltman, Junker Congress, [accessible to recipient only]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: DqTsgJZ.gif]
Arbeitsdirektor Corin Frei

Incoming Transmission
[Image: WiVtoLu.png?1]
Unionised Peoples of Syndicalist Advocacy

To: My brothers. Forever.
Subject: Neutrality?

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"Now we're speaking in confidence."

"Logistical assistance in Puerto Rico is obviously off the board. I realise that your people wish to escape a repeat of what has been done to them in Bretonia. However, Harmony does not operate in the Rhein. We can arrange materials transport from there. We're prepared to pay considerably and pay well, in accordance to our common obligations."

"Five hundred million credits for a shipment of Nuclear materials to Krefeld Base, Cologne. Your risk of interception will be near zero and there will be no risk of the ordinance being traced back to yourselves. These will be used in the construction of an anti-flagship minefield blanketing the Pacifica control zone - defensive ordinance only. We need fifteen thousand units. Get them to us and your organisation will be justly rewarded."

"You cannot stand idle. The Separatists will burn Puerto Rico to the ground. They oppose smuggling and free access to the Bering debris fields. For the sake of all independents, I hope you'll make the right decision. You have already suffered under the fascist boot at Trafalgar. Concessions is but slower slavery. Do not endure it here."

"Solidarity forever."

You cannot cut off the tongue, of a man who speaks through his acts.
C.Frei.
Comrade Arbeiter of the Cologne system.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.

.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: Neutrality?:.

[Image: AE-Character-page_0001_Mike-Wolfe.jpg]

I have received and read your message,

This is a serious decision, give me a few days to discuss this with my Directors.

I'll be in touch.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter
.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: Neutrality?:.

[Image: AE-Character-page_0001_Mike-Wolfe.jpg]

I apologize for the wait, this was by no means an easy decision. However I am confident that I have chosen what will best ensure the future of the Congress.

As I said before a war is not won on the battlefield by an army, it is won in the supply lines that feed it.

There is one thing I wish to address before I go any further however, you criticize The Battlegroup, to refer to them as Harmony is an insult to the words very definition my apologies in advance for any confusion, for being oppressive in Bering yet need I remind you that not 5 months ago your own organization attempted to do just the same they are doing now? Now you come to us asking, for Nuclear Devices purely for defensive purposes? What kind of fool do you take me for? I am betting a majority of those will go to defensive mines for sure, but some will no doubt go into building a weapon for retaliation.

You are right however, I am desperately looking to avoid a repeat of New London. The victims of the Nemp Attacks you listed resonated with me; I know what it is like to lose people to a blood thirsty entity with no remorse. I cannot and will not openly declare hostilities with the Battlegroup however I will bring you those Nukes to Krefeld Base, how many do you need? Additionally, I will be sure to direct a few shipments of Med-Stasis Bands and Pharmaceuticals in that direction as well to aid the survivors. I loathe that this has to come to this but clearly The Battlegroup has lost sight of the Bering “Triumvirate”’s original plan of a free and independent Bering.

I must uphold my statement of Neutrality previously however it is clear that it is in the best interests of not only Junker Congress, but all Junkers that The Battlegroup not win this war.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter
Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: DqTsgJZ.gif]
Arbeitsdirektor Corin Frei

Incoming Transmission
[Image: t4wyEVc.png]
Unionised Peoples of Syndicalist Advocacy

To: My brothers. Forever.
Subject: Neutrality?

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"I do not deny our people have much to answer for. The Union is not without its failures. Our movement is steeped in the rotten actions of otherwise noble men who made themselves wretched, not, as our people as a whole, through historical mishap, but through their own greed. Such is the nature of this side of the underworld, for that is what we are; dust against the maw of hel."

"Greed, and the assumption of security, made us grow fat. I may not be responsible for actions committed under another man's administration, but I do carry the responsibility of healing their legacy and learning from their assumptions. In our desire to fortify our way of life, we threatened your own. We, in short, aimed to create a monopoly upon the relics of the dead. Our motivations; that bodies would not be carved apart from the greed of salvagers, paid little respect to Junker ritual nor faith in a people we call our comrades, our brothers in independence. Our conduct did not befit a family. Do not think I am fawning, Arbiter."

"Many of us are pirates and Mafiosos, Arbiter, as are members of your own people. We both know the value of cocercion. However, the pirate coerces in exchange, as does the protection racket. They are an institutionalisation, through which both sides, even the victim, are guaranteed service. Nothing was guaranteed to the Junkers those five months prior. "

"I will be earnest. We are not using the devices to fabricate nuclear electromagnetic pulse weaponry. Grim foresight has influenced my forebearers - the Union has long quietly possessed a stockpile of NEMP bombs. We have showed restraint in using them, yet, for, in our fists and hearts, this is still a war of defence. That does not mean that darker projects in quieter corners are not occurring beyond the lens of oversight, or that individual Unioners may not take matters beyond the cold. But for now, we must defend our own."

"We're searching for twenty five thousand units of nuclear devices to be fabricated into antimatter initiated fusion mines. You are the only organisation that can successfully secure their shipment. They will be seeded into the Tanner belt, the locations of which will be sent to the Congress prior to deployment. We trust that you will not leak said locations to the Separatists (for you could acquire a significant amount of wealth doing so), as a matter of faith. "

"I hope that we can one day meet again in times of peace. You appear to be a dignified man, Tiltman. A rare quality in modern times."

You cannot cut off the tongue, of a man who speaks through his acts.
C.Frei.
Comrade Arbeiter of the Cologne system.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.