Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Project Minuit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Logging in...
Unpacking Data...
Decrypting...

Author: Franz Rousse

Project Minuit [Mitternacht]

Information:

Project Minuit is an attempt by Franz Rousse, the Syndicliga and other involved parties to adapt an XJ-3 "Lynx" Gallic Very Heavy Fighter to a point where it is safe to use it within Sirian space while having no access to things such as the usual fuel that is used for the Ship. To accomplish that, multiple things on the ship are subject to change, and thus will be documented here to make the maintenance on the ship easier. The reason for the changes also include things like reliability and trust towards the Syndicliga's engineers.

Note: This is not a blueprint for the vessel, and reproducing it will be impossible unless the actual construction plans are received by a Gallic Company, Navy or political ship. The base of the ship is a basic XJ-3, and as such not something that can easily be constructed by Sirian Filth.

Proposed Changes:

To ensure that the Minuit is suited for the combat within the Tanner Asteroid Belt, the armor plating and maneuverability are subject to change. The current armor plating is rather heavy, and not made to fight in areas such as Asteroid Belts or Scrap Fields. Proposed changes to armor plating are as follows:
[Image: VyjypO0.png]

This is the current plating of the XJ-3 seen from the side. A masterpiece of Gallic Engineering, crafted with love and might. As a result of that, the plating is extremely heavy and removes some of the potential regarding the turning speed of the ship. This extra armor plating is subject to be removed, however, the changes that the Syndicliga suggested to make to the outer plating will reduce the risk of the ship being blown up in an instant.

[Image: Eo3uqeQ.png]

This is the plating that seems to be sufficient to sustain damage in combat but allows the ship to move more freely and faster within the Asteroid belt. The plating in the middle section of the ship will be thinned slightly, which will not weaken the ship in total, but balance it out more towards the agility side. This change is mandatory, and would also make for more room for extra equipment or storage.

Weaponary Systems:

The weaponary system of the Minuit are to remain the same the same as the XJ-3's. The hardpoints will remain at the same location, but the energy capacity will stay the same. However, to avoid a reactor overload the energy supply rate will be turned down slightly and adjusted to fit the planned loadout.

The loadout will consist of the following weapons:
  • 2x TGDWM5K - Currently unknown origin
  • 2x ACROBATIC - Currently unknown origin
  • 2x SUPERSONIC - Currently unknown origin
Those weapons have not been installed on the XJ-3 before, and without the option to contact the GRI there is no sane man who would just install them without running prior tests and do proper research on them. Monsieur Conrad Grier of the Syndicliga has been given the task of researching those weapons for now. Should those turn out to be impossible to use, then Syndicliga weaponry will instead be tested and installed on them.
The backup loadout consists of the following weapons:
  • 2x Advanced Eliminator - Black Market weapon of Rheinland origin
  • 2x Destroyer - Black Market weapon of Rheinland origin
  • 2x Debilator Mk.I - Civilian weapon
On top of that, the following technology will be installed on the Minuit to ensure smooth performance.
  • 1x Nuclear Mine Dropper
  • 1x Train Cruise Disruptor
  • 1x Cloaking Mechanism (see: Extra installments) or Fortress Countermeasure Dropper
Before the weapons are tested thoroughly, none of them will be installed.

Extra Installments:

To utilize the Minuit's advantages to the fullest, there will be certain technology and equipment involved. Currently, Felicity Willing of the Lane Hackers has been tasked with designing and producing a Cloaking Devices that matches the Gallic ones, on the base of a Sirian one. The Jintsuriki Scanner that is currently installed on the Falchion that Rousse uses will be moved to the Minuit, as it has proven to be quite an effective and useful scanner.

The engine and fuel reserves of the ship are difficult to handle as of now, so those are a subject that will need further reserach later on. The surpreme Gallic Engines are not realistically refillable while operating within the Bering system, so a lackluster design of Sirian origin will most likely be installed on the prototype.

There are currently (08/25/741 A.G.S) no other plans for unique installments on the ship, but that is subject to change.

Current Progress:

^Proposed changes^

^Weaponary Systems & Research^

^Extra Installments^

Signed, Rousse

Logging in...
Unpacking Data...
Decrypting...

Update Log - 01

Proposed Changes Update:

Geist has received what they require for the construction of the nanobots designed for the ship as well as the materials required for the outer plating. They are expected to start researching soon, and as a result of that Vulkan has been contacted to take a look at the general plating of the Minuit to ensure that it will be able to fly just like before, with different technology. It is supposed to not feel like borderline Sirian technology, and from what I have seen so far the Syndicliga is more than capable of that. The Gloaming Flotilla has helped me gather the resources that Geist wished for, and they did it quickly.

Weaponary Systems Update:

It has been pointed out to me that the Gallic hardpoints do not support the weapons that I have chosen to be worthy of installing on the ship. So on top of the general overhaul of the plating, new hardpoints will need to be installed. Geist has pointed out that Vulkan is also the most capable man in that case, so they were tasked with looking at that as well. Monsieur Grier has to yet give me an update about the proposed main loadout, so there has been no progress made here.

Extra Installments Update:

Madmoiselle Willing has also received the shipment that she had required, as well as the Sirian Cloaking Device. She mentioned that she will start researching soon, and that is certainly refreshing to hear. The Minuit will not be complete without the device, and I expect it to be one that can hold up to my standards. The Scanner will be adjusted to the ship as soon as the ship is otherwise ready to be used, so there has been no progress made yet.

Current Progress Update:

^Proposed changes^

^Weaponary Systems & Research^

^Extra Installments^

Signed, Rousse

Logging in...
Unpacking Data...
Decrypting...

Update Log - 02

Proposed Changes Update:

GEIST has done some significant improvements in terms of the hull changes I proposed. The armor plating that was installed originally to sustain the fire on the frontlines has been removed and the proposed armor scheme is taking more and more shape. Tests will be run on the ship to check it's survivability.

The outer plating is still under research and I have to yet receive an update about it and the progress, so there will be no notes in this Update. The same goes for the Nanobots that are under construction by GEIST as of now.

The power core has also been replaced already, and so the Core is now less heavy, smaller but also has a weaker replenishing rate. This is more suitable for the new role of the fighter, as opposed to the original version that was made to fight at the frontlines.

Weaponary Systems Update:

Monsieur Grier has messaged me and has pointed out that the weapons that I have given him for research will most certainly not be compatible with the Minuit. That means the secondary loadout will become the primary one, and a new secondary loadout will be thought of, and eventually updated and researched. Furthermore, the new hardpoints have been installed and the secondary loadout is ready to be implemented and tested. Further tests are expected in due time.

The Scanner has been replaced by the proposed Jintsuriki Scanner and is now fully functional and operational on the prototype. It seems to be compatible with the Minuit, despite it being from Gallic Origin. It appears to be working optimally, but will require some tests when the ship is fully operational.

As of now, there has been no update about the requested Cloaking Device so there has been no Update made in this regard. I expect an answer from Mademoiselle Willing soon, as I've heard only good thing about those "Lane Hackers".

Current Progress Update:

^Proposed changes^

^Extra Installments^

Currently Finished Tasks:
  • Installing and researching weaponary that was deemed worthy and suitable for the prototype.

Signed, Rousse

Logging in...
Unpacking Data...
Decrypting...

Update Log - 03

Proposed Changes Update:

The plating invented and tested by GEIST has now been installed to the prototype, and it is working just as intended. Parts of the main frame got removed, and as a result the ship is lighter and moves faster, in cost of some of the survivability that it has been providing before.

The Core works as intended, no issues were found during the testing. The combination of the new Core and the reduced plating with the new outer plating does not make the ship weaker, it sucessfully adapts the fighter to the Tanner-Belt and the general circumstances that the ship will find itself in.

The requested cloaking device as well with basic information about it has been made and given by the Lane Hacker Felicity Willing, and has also been installed for test runs on the prototype. It appears to be working just as intended and does not require extra analysis or testing to be installed on the XJ-3. The Lane Hackers have done an excellent job and are to be tested again in the future to see if it was just luck or skill from their side.

Currently Finished Tasks:
  • Installing and researching weaponary that was deemed worthy and suitable for the prototype.
  • Outer and inner plating revamp
  • Proposed extra installments

Notes:

This concludes the research and development Phase 1 of the XJ-3 Minuit prototype. Some of the changes are still subject to change, but as of now the ship will be tested in the current state to see if the combat-strength is as desired, if not some changes will be made.

Attachments:

Signed, Rousse