Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Senior Jack Daniels|| Subject: Project HADRIAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Chantal Noel
Subject: Project HADRIAN specifications and speculation
ENCRYPTION: APM-STANDARD

Bonjour Daniels,

I am the current project lead of HADRIAN, I assume you are already familiar with the goals of the project so I won’t go into detail. Whilst I have been able successfully survey the system of Omicron Delta and potential vectors of attack. I am unfamiliar with the situation out in the Omicrons and to what specification our defenses must be built to. I also have a two ideas I would like to have a look over.

My first idea would be regarding these Nomads, from my understanding the majority of their space ships are of organic nature. Whether or not they are the scientific definition of organic (that being Carbon-Hydrogen based) or merely biological ; I can’t seem to find any information regarding that, but I digress. This should, in theory, give the Nomads a vulnerability to radiation based weaponry, such as extremely high power Lasers. While it is true they obviously have a level of radiation hardening similar to modern ships by the pure fact they resist the environment of space and lower grade weapons. But compared to a more conventional warship its crew are only a small part of the ship volumetrically, a nomad is entirely organic, that fact should make them more susceptible to an intense burst of ionization radiation such as a nuclear reaction powered X-ray or even Gamma-ray laser. Perhaps mimicking a "Gamma Ray Burst" seen from dying large stars

My second idea would have to do with the drone technology often deployed by specialized carriers from the House Navies. Perhaps we could employ similar technology in a few defense installation to act as a potential fighter screen if our fighter forces are not sufficient in any siege of Nauru. They may also act as an effective early warning and scouting system, perhaps into the nebulae and asteroid fields. Drones are disposable after all.

I’ll reiterate that both of these are merely ideas at the current, the first one in particular will require a lot of testing and prototyping. I would also like a detailed overview of what is required for HADRIAN, perhaps a briefing in the actual orbit of Nauru may be scheduled?

Cordialement,
-Chantal Noel
Associate 3rd class of Core|APM
"Core|APM-Rimari" Captain
Scientist, Engineer, Explorer

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: Eyy5xFr.png]
[img float=left]http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/discojack.gif [/img]

Incoming Video Feed
Source: APM Flagship Sagittarius, Omega-55
Comm ID: Jack Daniels
Encryption: B.S.S. Ver 8.9 Rev.2
APM ID Confirmed, message decrypted.
Displaying Contents

Good day, Ms. Noel. I've been expecting your message, but I had no idea it would be made so nicely.
Right,m'kay, let's get straight to the point. Your ideas, while being only that, are right on target. (No pun intended) Your first proposal about specialized anti-nomad armament is not only doable, but it has already been done.

APXARX-01HF "Ultimus Wrote:Designed to complement the Pleco, the Ultimus Gunboat Forward Gun fires a bolt of energy that weakens capital ship hull at the molecular level. The extremely deadly nature of this weapon makes it even more effective against organic matter such as Nomadic vessels. However, The Core has no qualms about employing this weapon against human ships either - or the pilots inside.

I'm sure we'll be able to build on that and scale it up. It shouldn't really be a problem and in fact, it could be useful in another project of ours. But I digress. Let's move to the second concept - drone squadrons. While this would work almost everywhere else in Sirius, I have one major concern. Cyberwarfare. The AIs next door would, undoubtedly find a way to hack it, seeing how it's a crucial to our defenses. If we are to move on with this, we'll need to create, at the very least, an AI of our own. Or VI, alternatively. We program it to operate within preset parameters and make sure all external comms, apart from a Q.E.C. unit, are cut. It could work and it could have a massive implication, but it will require a similar amount of resources. And as luck would have it, we've got 'em.

I'd also like to add an idea of my own - Railguns. Long-range, high risk, high reward mass driver cannons. It's a relatively simple technology and with APM's latest scientific exploits, we can take it to the next level. It won't take that much space on the construct, but it will be devastating to enemy capital ships. Alternatively, we can exchange railguns for a few missile silos. Nothing says "Keep away" like a few hundred kilotons of nuclear annihilation just waiting to happen.

Now then, let's talk about that briefing in high orbit. I'm a very busy man, but I just can't help myself when it comes down to weapons of mass destruction. My secretary will contact you and she'll make sure to set the RV up as soon as possible. Until then, stay safe, Ms. Noel.

Daniels, out.
~Yours Truly, Jack Daniels, Acting Director of APM and STILL the most hated person in the Omicrons.

Terminating Connection