Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Gunda Riehl | From: Hunter Wolff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From: Hunter Wolff, on assignment at Pacifica Base, Bering System
To: Gunda Riehl
Subject: Your idiot friend!
Encryption: Heavy

Gunda:

Your friend John Silverstone nearly got me killed today! I was accompanying a trusted colleague into the Omicron systems and he decided it would be a wise idea to piss off some Nomads. They attacked and I barely managed to get to Freeport 11 before my ship lost life support completely. His big mouth nearly got me destroyed, and I blame you for this! I wish I'd have never met the man. Oh, and on top of that, he threatened to KILL me if I ever went trying to speak to a Nomad ever again.

I don't understand the harm in a simple conversation. I know the risks, I know they're dangerous, and I know how to protect myself. I'm not satisfied with accepting everyone else's opinion on their existence, Gunda. I want the option of figuring them out for myself, and forming my own opinion based on my own experiences. I know you probably won't support that either, but I don't care. I will stay safe, and I would never let my own research put the Union - or my family - at risk.

I'm so angry about all of this. I wish you'd blown that man out of the sky the last time we all bumped into each other. He thinks he's being protective or something, but really all he's doing is making me mad. And making me even more curious than ever about what the Nomads want, and if we could open a dialogue with them. I know you're going to give me your opinion anyway when you respond, and I'm happy to hear it. You've clearly been around the block, and you've survived, so I will trust that.

Just please, please, don't ever let him near me again. I'll throttle him!

Sincerely,
Hunter