Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gravedigging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gravedigging areas where important information is shared is completely unacceptable. I really am getting sick of it, lately it has been getting more and more out of hand.

I propose that users that are found pointlessly gravedigging threads are banned from the forums for a period of time, for example 24 hours(preferrably more). Common sense needs to be applied when deciding if a thread has been needlessly gravedug of course, and I trust our moderators would make the right decisions.

If you want to act like an idiot on the forums, post in the flood section(or even better, don't post at all), so that other forum users can bypass irrelevant topics and access the important ones. Stop wasting our time.

I'm not trawling the forums to look for the numerous examples, but here's one for reference: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=8996&st=10

Useful feedback is appreciated, off-topic posts in this thread will not be tolerated.
Wow, something seems to have gotten in your craw. Can you point us to examples so we might better evaluate the issue.
oh boo hoo

how much of your time does it take to see the date of the first post? Like one second, and then its straight over to the back button.

While I agree, useless gravedigs are annoying, you just can't let little stuff like that get to you. Do it for your heart and let it go.
This stuff happens on any board. You just got to learn to ignore it sadly.
Well if a thread does get a dose of grave digging it must be relevant to somebody.
Just forget it and move on to threads that are relevant to you.:P
There are more serious problems than gravedigs here and there. Although it can be annoying, just ignore it, really. Some gravedigs can be accidental, I suppose, but if you have to go pages deep into the forum, then you're probably gonna be gravedigging by posting there. Meh.
I cant wait until this post is gravedug in a year... Wait, that's not contributing anything, umm, it can be bad but just ignore it, it's not that hard.
You could hardly call your example a useless grave-dig. It is a rather old thread, but hey...New members have joined since 07, and maybe they might be interested in some new desktop backgrounds?

Furthermore, what was posted was completely on topic, and the posts after it where nonsense. I don't really care how old the post is as it stays within the bounds of what the thread was originally meant for.
*bookmarks for 1 year from now*
' Wrote:*bookmarks for 1 year from now*

Irony should be a source of humour.
Pages: 1 2 3